Marriage and Gaming : I do?

piper

well after a lot of taunts r remarks about my black beauty (ps3 80gb) i think my wife's finally coming around to the idea of looking at it as a good hobby & not a childish time-pass. surprisingly it's courtesy fruit ninja free on the s3 :D

For me it was combination of PvZ and Flight Control. Now she helps me kill wolves and goblins in Dragon's Dogma.

^^ ah, good for you guys, on the other hand, I hardly play games these days (last game i completed was max payne 3), and spend most of time watching tv shows / movies with wife !

Maybe I'm getting too old for playing games or there're are very few good games coming out :(

^^ ah, good for you guys, on the other hand, I hardly play games these days (last game i completed was max payne 3), and spend most of time watching tv shows / movies with wife !

Maybe I'm getting too old for playing games or there're are very few good games coming out :(

This :P

^^ piper daddy - lets revisit this thread after a year .... i would love to know how much time you spent on gaming :bigyellowgrin:

It is not how much time I'll spend on gaming, it's what kind of games will I be playing (Singstar, Little Big Planet, LocoRoco...). No more FPS I guess.

I watch TV/Movies with my wife too but I always have some time reserved for gaming (and that's apart from the 12 hours of work). On weekends I usually play for 5-6 hours a day in the mornings. That gives me enough time for other stuff and spending quality time with my wife. Overall I can say that I have managed to keep my hobby reasonably alive despite the change in lifestyle/schedule. Pretty sure things will change when a new member gets added to the family though (no such plans as of now).

I think I have changed my wife's outlook on several things in the last year and a half. She has gone from someone who absolutely loathed "video games" to someone loves watching them being played and even wants to actively play them. She has almost given up on Bollywood (except for worthwhile stuff) and has acquired a taste for horror and sci-fi movies. She's now a proper "geek's wife".

The opposite also holds true though. I have seriously cut down on non-vegetarian and unhealthy food (thanks to her hardcore health/eating habits). I have also reduced drinking from once a week to maybe twice a month. So yeah, 'changes' all over.

Edited by Tyler

^Tyler : Even my wife gradually moved from Saas-Bahu serials and Bollywood flicks to watching Lost, Entourage, 70s Show, Scrubs,... and just about every good Hollywood movie (late night shows at Fame ftw).

She has moulded my junk-food habits to a large extent, and I eat out max once a week. And drinking quantity and frequency has drastically come down, so I focus on quality instead (higher quality booze only with close friends and family occassionally).

And you were away from IVG for like a decade so your daal having black black :D .

Wow.. how cute !!

See, women brings such welcome change in a guy's life. So happy for you all.

In my case it's all going ulta.. I am the one getting changed- increased interest in Video game, enjoy good booze, gadgets and junk food..Uff! :wallbash:

Edited by megzworld

Liked ur post Tyler.

I like the way you''ve scheduled time for gaming.EDIT : HOW Do u manage some daily?

Am try to get things organised to kind of do the same. Will probably buy a other tv to be used for gaming for like an hour a day. Have 6 work days. Sunday's get spent visiting family or movies or something.

Though she prefers watching English shows & no saas bahu crap (thankfully ) r tastes r pretty diff. I cUt stomach se & the city. She doesn't really like dexter. Slim work needed here :-)

Edited by ThE JuGgErNaUT

And you were away from IVG for like a decade so your daal having black black :D .

LOL

Wow.. how cute !!

See, women brings such welcome change in a guy's life. So happy for you all.

In my case it's all going ulta.. I am the one getting changed- increased interest in Video game, enjoy good booze, gadgets and junk food..Uff! :wallbash:

Trust me, a guy will not change habits BEFORE marriage.

I like the way you''ve scheduled time for gaming.EDIT : HOW Do u manage some daily?

Like when she's using the PC or watching TV. There are days when she sleeps early.

@tyler, good for you man .... :coolspeak:

my wife still dislikes games, but yeah, I've changed some of her film habits though, she is now interested in superhero movies like avengers and sci-fi movies like star trek, and she watches tv shows like True Blood (although at the start, I sorta fooled her into thinking that its a tv adaptation of twilight haha) ....

Edited by Ne0

What happens after marriage is such an Unknown factor!! Fingers crossed.. I just hope and pray he remains just the way he is.. ( :rolleyes: )

So that means you are all set on marrying your :kisstogether: . Good for you :) .

PS3 ... 20K,

Full HD TV ... 80K

Wife scolding my 4and half year old son, who is playing uncharted 3 Mp " why dont you go in the siege zone and kill from there to help your teammates .. " .................

Priceless ...

:wub:

• Like 3

PS3 ... 20K,

Full HD TV ... 80K

Wife scolding my 4and half year old son, who is playing uncharted 3 Mp " why dont you go in the siege zone and kill from there to help your teammates .. " .................

Priceless ...

:wub:

now that should be an actual add

• 2 weeks later...