The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings

Aftrunner

The Endraga queens were easy man. Yrden + heavy attacks > repeat. Also works with Aard + Heavy attacks > run > repeat.

Also, 10GB?? :O WTF Steam?? Was planning on starting my second playthrough today :( Good thing I started with L.A. Noire this morning.

Just called mom and asked her to switch the PC on...

I did that Endrega and the Nekker quest near the end of chapter 1, so I knew that forest inside out. But it's very tough to do that at the start, since the Endregas keep on coming. Bastids.

Yeah, the forest appears to be a pretty big place in the beginning but soon you'll know it inside out. Had no trouble finding the nests and the cocoons either.

Also its almost always a good idea to focus on side quests before triggering a story mission especially in a game like The Witcher where the story can potentially alter the game world.

Dude the last Nekker nest was a complete btch. I went mad searching for it. Snake had to help me out finally. And after putting so much time and effort into that quest...... :(

The game should have had a custom map marker option (Witcher 1 had it). I had found all the nests during my first couple of trips to the forest but at that time I didn't have the bombs. If only I could mark the locations earlier. Still I was able to recall the locations vaguely later making it easier to find them.

I was able to find the cocoons pretty easily, in fact i destroyed most of the endraga cocoons as part of nekker quest itself. The bitches were really tough though, rolling all over the place and using that sign to guard yourself ! Also gulping down 'rook+swallow' before the fight helps.

BTW, I did not find that book you guys were referring to earlier (to get info on nekkers). Who sells it, i searched every shop in that area and no shopkeeper had any books to sell.

Look for a dwarf who sells books near the dwarven craftsman in the village... all the way to the right of the map while going towards the hanged people. There are two icons right next to each other, one of them is the craftsman and the other is a bookseller. He's sometimes walking around the village but mostly you'll find him inside the shop. Some pretty awesome voice acting on that dwarf btw!

^^ Thanks, I'll look for him. I met the craftsman dwarf, didn't know there's someone else there. Also, how to use armor enhancements ? I've two armor enhancements with me, but when I drag them to the armor , I get some error. I'm using that leather armor still. Not got any other armor so far.

The armor must have upgrade slots in order to use the armor upgrades. They appear as little circles next to the armor in the inventory screen.

EDIT: Didn't you load a Witcher 1 save? You would have got the Raven armor in that case.

When I was taking on the last Endraga queen, a bunch of Nekkers jumped into the forray. I backed up a bit and they start owning that bitch. She killed them but they took away a significant amount of health. I love it when sht like this happens in games.

The game should have had a custom map marker option (Witcher 1 had it). I had found all the nests during my first couple of trips to the forest but at that time I didn't have the bombs. If only I could mark the locations earlier. Still I was able to recall the locations vaguely later making it easier to find them.

The map is useless. I rarely used it.

When I was taking on the last Endraga queen, a bunch of Nekkers jumped into the forray. I backed up a bit and they start owning that bitch. She killed them but they took away a significant amount of health. I love it when sht like this happens in games.

Lol yeah, even in LA Noire the guy I was chasing got hit by a truck. I loled.

That's practically how I made it through the first few hours of Risen. Lure enemies near NPCs and have them fight it out... LOL. It was almost impossible to fight multiple enemies head on.

Also its almost always a good idea to focus on side quests before triggering a story mission especially in a game like The Witcher where the story can potentially alter the game world.

Learnt this the hard way in The Witcher. I had collected all the components required for Kalkstein to forge the raven armour and then went to the old manor, thinking there would be an opportunity to go back to Old Vizima later. That triggered the end game and the components didn't get transferred to TW2 either. :wallbash:

Apparently the 9GB Steam patch deletes the huge pack0.dzip file in the game folder and replaces it with a new one. So going offline in order to play isn't possible because an important file is missing.

The armor must have upgrade slots in order to use the armor upgrades. They appear as little circles next to the armor in the inventory screen.

EDIT: Didn't you load a Witcher 1 save? You would have got the Raven armor in that case.

Sadly no. All my witcher 1 files got deleted when I unintalled the game :( I confirmed the 'delete save files' by mistake !

what the flying f**k is this sh1t. 10 GB of game updates.

No wonder everyone wants to pirate games on PC. And apparently the GOG version update is just 20 MB, so basically phuck u steam for ruining my weekend >:(

Apparently offline mode doesn't work either....so again, gruck off steam !

Archived