Bastion

Right

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Bastion fan has wedding narrated by "the narrator"

The story begins simply: after becoming a fan of the game's soundtrack, Greschner sent an e-mail to Supergiant about helping out with the ceremony itself. After that? Well, I'll let him tell the story.

Now as awesome as the soundtrack for Bastion is, we all know the thing that makes the game is the narration by Logan Cunningham. So I thought why not get in touch and see if we could get the Narrator to do some lines for our wedding? A quick e-mail explaining the situation was written up and fired off, and then the waiting began.

Soon after, Greg Kasavin (writer and creative director of Bastion) got back to me and we had a brief discussion. In my initial e-mails I had sent a couple of example lines but Greg replied that the Narrator had a certain tone that he wanted to keep even though this was out of game and was wondering if he could write some stuff up for Logan. I had no problem with this and Greg said that they'd try and record some lines before PAX Prime.

A couple of days later, I got another e-mail containing 4 recordings that the Narrator had done for us and was just amazed and honored that Supergiant Games would do this for me.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived