Street Fighter X Tekken

Genre : Fighting

Developer : Capcom

Publisher : Capcom

Producer : Yoshinori Ono

Platforms : 360/PS3/PC

Release Date : TBA 2012

Along with Street Fighter X Tekken ( 2.5D SF4 Style) ,

we're going to get Tekken X Street Fighter(3D Tekken 6 Engine) ...A completely different game, developed be Tekken's developers.

Tekken X Street Fighter

Genre : Fighting

Developer : Namco

Publisher : Namco

Platforms : 360/PS3

Producer : Katsuhiro Harada

Release Date : TBA

24_sfvstekken04.jpg

there will be 2 different "X" games o_O

How will they pull it off? Super Combos on tekken characters just feels wrong. But its definitely going to rock. :P I can finally beat ryu and sagat with tekken characters.

Could never get past the 4th fight in SSF4 arcade mode <_<

Yep one with SF style and the other with Tekken style.... I worry about Tekken X Street Fighter more because how will they add fireballs to a 3D game.. not to mention there are many unique characters in SF like Vega who jump on walls and sh*t... noway thats getting into tekken

In SF X tekken ...i hope all the tekken characters dont end up playing the same since they will need to start making existing tekken combos into linkabale combos in SF while still maintaining some diversity

3D fireballs will not chip damage since it will be side walked easily. unless if they make it a tracking move. thats unbalanced enough already. all tekken characters can wall run flip. but only in walled stages. Vega will definitely have a hard time wall jumping in non walled stages in TxSF.

ummm, how will ryu juggle in TxSF?

Worst part, combo linking for Tekken fighters SF style for SFxT. Im so dead o_O all my moves will mean squat now :(

Edit: i realised the tekken roster has waaay longer movelist. at least 60% is comboable in the tekken engine. i hope they include all of that in the SFxT version while keeping super combos out.

juggling isnt a problem... it was an important part of Alpha 3 and Third Strike

chk this one out... SF movelist is small.. but it has near infinite combo combinations because of the engine...

The problem comes with zoning...which is basically shooting fireballs and forcing the opponent to come to you...this cant be done since you can just side step the fireball...

no no, i did not mean juggles in that way. of course there has been juggles in past SF games. but in a tekken environment, how much will they change all that. cuz tekken has a different juggle system compared to SF. like tekken can involve wall bounds to floor breaks to refloat and juggle to the wall again. the bound system in particular. will they give SF characters the same juggle system in TxSF or will they keep SF's own juggle system. if they DO, o_O will they add more new moves to the list for SF characters?

how bout Trackaing Fireballs for zoning? like each character in tekken has at least ONE tracking move which catches Sidesteps/Sidewalks and tech rolls.

I think in both games... the characters will play like just like that style .. example in TvSF i think Ryu will be made as though he is a brand new Tekken character while giving him Shoryuken,Hadoken just to make him look like Ryu ...but he will probably have a totally new move list just like other tekken characters...and play like a tekken character

similarly in SFvT ... the tekken characters will be given special moves and supers based on combos in Tekken just to make it "Look" like its tekken but play like SF...

Edit: I guess that would work for zoning as long as it doesnt affect the balance....There should be ways to get around the fireball but it should be such that ... you need to predict he is going to throw a fireball and then do the Move which lets you dodge it... if you guess wrong the opponent should be able to punish you

if they do what u said to the vs rosters, then it will not be all that much fun. all we will be getting is another T6 or SF4 game with new characters imported and changed to match the respective engine they are fighting on. was not looking forward to that. i was hoping for a proper deeper merging of both the fighting engines. but that is just my opinion.. :P

juggling and binding a sf character tekken style to be retaliated into an infinite combo by the sf character in sf style would have been what i was looking for.

does that sound impossible?? o_O it sure does in many ways. lol.. lets just wait and see what we are offered. but im still looking for this. getting both version for sure. :P

As much as i would like them to make a Merger of both fighting engines.... they aint gonna do it :/ which is why there are two games... and yes its basically gonna be SF4 and T6 with some new characters slapped on it ....

Its very hard for them to do it since one is a 2D fighter and the other is 3D ....

They were quite successful in Capcom Vs Snk since both were 2D... but even in that you can easily tell CvS is like SF while SvC is like KOF....

Lets wait for more videos.... perhaps they will add some mechanics to each others' game... may be a Focus attack system in TvSF? who knows

waste of resources i think...how much different can it be coz after all its fighting game .....they should just stick to the 2.5d style like SSF4 ....

it'll be different all right, maybe tooo different. namco are f**ked either way, they'll have a sh*t ton of more work to do and will probably only get a fraction of the sales.

Archived