Moments that made you sit back in Awe

I was just reminiscing and feeling a hint of nostalgia so I decided to ask you guys whats your favorite moment in gaming?

For me, whenever I look back there's one moment that always come to mind. That moment after you've fought your way thru the Desert of Lost Souls, slaughtered another 6 sirens and a few small minions, feeling all badass, and then blow the Horns of Pandora. The following cutscene is one ,for me, that defines the whole God of War experience. The sheer scale is mind boggling, but its not just the scale here, the background music and the narrator's voiceover really adds to the experience. Yes we get to see a gigantic Ares earlier, but the way this scene is setup truly filled and still fills me with awe. The tormented titan, Kronos, with the weight of the Temple of Pandora on his back, lumbers towards you through the desert. It really hits home when you realise you have to climb aboard this. Gone is the feeling of badassery when you realise just how tiny you really are.

vopu8y.jpg

What specific moment made you sit back and realise this is why you game?

There have been Plenty but one that i just left me spellbound..absolutely crazy moment was in Silent Hill Shattered memories when in the end they give psychological view of you based on your decisions ...puzzles ...drawings in the game.

It felt so accurate that it left me in awe ....and will always be The Moment.

Uncharted 2 ending when Elena and Nate watches as sun sets. Dialogue at the ending <3

Elena: "So, on a scale of one to ten, how scared were you that I was gonna die?"

Nate: "Uh, a 4."

Elena: "A 4?! No way, you were totally an 8!"

Nate: "Nah, those guardians were an 8. They're terrifying."

Elena: "So, what's a 10?"

Nate: "...Clowns".

Elena: "Clowns?!"

-End-

Uncharted 2 ending when Elena and Nate watches as sun sets. Dialogue at the ending <3

Elena: "So, on a scale of one to ten, how scared were you that I was gonna die?"

Nate: "Uh, a 4."

Elena: "A 4?! No way, you were totally an 8!"

Nate: "Nah, those guardians were an 8. They're terrifying."

Elena: "So, what's a 10?"

Nate: "...Clowns".

Elena: "Clowns?!"

-End-

Lol yeah that one was awesome. Actually that entire game was one big AWESOME. Best in the series. Thanks for the memory brother :clapping:

Few other favorites

ICO - 1) when yorda holds ico while falling down from bridge. 2)ending when yorda carries ICO to boat

Ninja Gaiden- when ryu takes dragon eye from kureha grave and awakens true dragon sword.

Dmc1 - Alister awakening

Dark souls - after killing orenstein and smough and entering into gwynevere room. (.)(.)

Bayonetta - at ending when you get to play as Jeanne <3 dat bike riding!!

Assassins creed 2 - ezio ending speach.

To name a few..

GOW 2 ending..Simply amazing..U just feel like you wanna play GOW 3 right away..

GOW 3 beginning..

Heavenly Sword where Nariko becomes a goddess..

Plenty in UC..

Where am i mission when i first played i was blown away..Same when we enter lost paradise or whatever in UC2...

n KZ2 intro...Visari's speech is the most epic speech ever..

Call of duty Modern Warefare - Nuclear explosion

God of war III - Opening Sequence

Uncharted 2 - Whole game :first:

Metal gear solid 2 - La Li Lu Le Lo S3 plan

Metal gear solid 3 - Ending

Archived