The Sales Charts Thread

Whats with the random bumps of FNV and NSMB DS in the top 10? Bundles?

Easily the worst software top 10 I have seen.

FNV going for 20$ and 10$ on Bestbuy

And Mortal Combat getting boost on Xbox 360 (I think it's coz of ads on Xbox dashboard)

Black Ops WTF :wallbash: It's in top 10 since launch

Mario bros getting high sales coz there are no games on 3DS :P

Sony PR:

According to the July NPD, PlayStation peripheral sales increased by 18% year-over-year demonstrating a strong consumer interest in PlayStation Move and the Sharp Shooter. PlayStation will continue this momentum in the fall with the release of Resistance3, the groundbreaking shooter that combines 3D with Move and the Sharp Shooter. Our unmatched line-up of first-party software continues to deliver a gaming experience that can only be found on the PS3.

-- Patrick Seybold, Sr. Director of Corporate Communications at SCEA

Kaun ghati aadmi deta hai be Sony ka PR .

It's always half-arsed

Nintendo PR :

Just Dance 2 Becomes Eighth Wii Title to Sell More Than 5 Million Units

Just Dance® 2 from Ubisoft®, which plays exclusively on Nintendo’s Wii™ console, has sold more than 5 million units, according to the independent NPD Group, which tracks video game sales in the United States. With this milestone, the Wii system now has eight 5-million sellers* in the U.S., twice as many as competing current-generation consoles combined.

In the month of July, seven of the top 10 and 15 of the top 25 best-selling software SKUs play on Nintendo platforms. Just Dance 2 sold more than 120,000 units to finish No. 3 for the month.

“By crossing the 5 million sales mark, Just Dance 2 joins one of the most exclusive clubs in the world of video games,” said Scott Moffitt, Nintendo of America’s executive vice president of Sales & Marketing. “Nintendo systems have games for every type of player. We’re poised for a great holiday season, thanks to tremendous value across all our platforms and fan-favorite franchises delivering fun new surprises.”

During the next few months, Nintendo will release a huge selection of fan-favorite titles. This includes Star Fox 64™ 3D, Super Mario™ 3D Land and Mario Kart™7 for the Nintendo 3DS™ portable entertainment system, The Legend of Zelda™: Skyward Sword for Wii and Kirby™ Mass Attack for the Nintendo DS™ family of systems, which was the best-selling platform in July.

* The Wii titles to surpass 5 million units sold in the U.S. include: Wii Play™ (13.04 million), Mario Kart™Wii (10.64 million), New Super Mario Bros.™ Wii (8.36 million), Wii Fit™ (8.17 million), Wii Fit™Plus (7.06 million), Wii Sports Resort™ (6.45 million), Super Smash Bros.™Brawl (5.28 million) and Just Dance 2 (5.09 million).

For more information about Nintendo, visit http://www.nintendo.com.

Software sales

NPD July sales (Will be updated)

NCAA Football 12 = 796K

Mortal Kombat 2011 = 85K

Catherine = 78K

Shadows of the Damned = 14K

God of War 3 - 70k

Source -Joystiq

Nintendo Wii Game LTDs:

-Wii Play (13.04 million)

-Mario Kart Wii (10.64 million)

-New Super Mario Bros. Wii (8.36 million)

-Wii Fit (8.17 million)

-Wii Fit Plus (7.06 million)

-Wii Sports Resort (6.45 million)

-Super Smash Bros. Brawl (5.28 million)

-Just Dance 2 (5.09 million)

Slow as I thought. Random top-10, and hw nosediving...

If they want to cut the price on the PS3, this is the time, in fact they should have done it in July itself. R3 isnt going to be system-seller and UC3 is still 3-4 months behind.

I think they would reveal new SKU with a pricedrop during the gamescom.

It has an 80mm fan too instead of 120mm. LEDs removed as well. I don't think there'll be another model shown at Gamescom, but let's see.

And it really wont make that much difference as MS will decrease the cost of Xbox 360 too

Won't have the same effect as PS3 drop. It's already cheap.

If Xbox 360 4GB variant goes at a price of Wii , highly possible it will be in mass market category similar to PS2 .

Getting a next gen HD console for a price of almost similar to PS2 will do wonders in untapped market of developing countries like India .

Again the same cycle will start . PS3 costlier than Xbox 360 .

will do wonders in untapped market of developing countries like India .

Even if it gets a price drop its not going to happen here.

And damn, Catherine bombed. Hopefully it will do better in EU or say goodbye to several localization projects. :|

Even if it gets a price drop its not going to happen here.

And damn, Catherine bombed. Hopefully it will do better in EU or say goodbye to several localization projects. :|

Only 6 days were counted.

78k is quite ok . It was nt gonna be a million seller anyway

The Xbox 360 4GB is already close to the Wii's price here. Roughly 2-3K difference but still double the PS2s price. And MS have already lost this market anyway, barring the few who picked up Kinect and didn't bother with the games 'coz they got one free.

I just gave India as an example .

Still there is much room for Xbox 360 in Japan and EMEAA region .

Love the optimism :lol:

FYI the base 360 is already the cheapest current gen console in Japan (cheaper than Wii), only thing MS can do now is give one away for free and hope it beats the PS2 next week.

X360 in Japan...

ayngJ.jpg

Love the optimism :lol:

FYI the base 360 is already the cheapest current gen console in Japan (cheaper than Wii), only thing MS can do now is give one away for free and hope it beats the PS2 next week.

Wasnt knowing that Xbox 360 is cheaper than Wii in Japan :O

Then Xbox 360 is dead in Japan :D

EMEA, yeah.... they're pro-PS3 there. Heck you can still get the X360 Halo Reach consoles if you know where to look.

Neck to neck competition .

Cant say purely pro PS3 like that of Japan .

Except UK , yeah they r pro PS3 .

But again Uk is major market in EMEAA

My bad, my statement was directed to the "ME" part of EMEAA. They're pro-PS3. As for the "E" part, well everywhere but UK. "A" is pro-PS3 and the other "A" is uncharted territory imo.

Hahaa .

This reminds me of my Uncle in Abu dhabi going to buy Kinect for his kid .

Everything was fixed that he would get a 4GB version and Kinect bundle

But he returned with PS3 and move bundle thanks to the shopkeeper there :lol:

Nintendo 3DS sells 207k last week in Japan thanks to price drop

Radio Nikkei reports that Nintendo 3DS sold 207,000 units between 8-14 August, thanks to the price drop. This is the second highest weekly sales for the machine, beating out the second week after launch (206k).

Source - http://market.radionikkei.jp/entry-206641.html

207k in a week . WTF !!! Insane numbers :O

Same thing will happen with Vita vs 3DS . By the time Vita comes , 3DS will have huge numbers plus many good games

Archived