Gaming Headphones Guide & Discussion.

playstation

hey guys..

so, my brother is coming back from US next week and he's offered me to buy anything within a budget of 300$ :D...so, I'm thinking of getting the headphones for my ps3. I don't know much about these things..so need ur help in chosing one.

prefences:

direct output from ps3 not through tv as I've a basic LCD monitor.

ingame music/chat..

lighter weight

wireless

optical

should work with consoles and PC.

inputs please..

cheers.

With that kinda budget go for the Astro Gaming A30's or A40's with Wireless Mix amp and don't forget to add in the rechargeable battery worth every penny and wires for PS3 its simply the best Gaming headset in the market.

With that kinda budget go for the Astro Gaming A30's or A40's with Wireless Mix amp and don't forget to add in the rechargeable battery worth every penny and wires for PS3 its simply the best Gaming headset in the market.

you can also check out Turtle Beach's PX5 which is wireless 7.1. I am using PX21 which is 2.1 but they sound amazing.

got the PX5 just last evening.... and they are awesome :eyepop:

thx for the suggestions guys..

@jiggy..was checking some reviews of PX5 and found this:

he says that if there are wifi devices, these doesn't work properly...does this happen to you?? I have my entire setup (PC/ps3/mobile/laptop) running on wifi and don't want to messup later...

^^ I read a lot about that issue too bro. But I've placed the transmitter right beside my wifi router and it hasn't done anything funny on the 360 or the ps3.

Absolutely loving it so far

^^ I read a lot about that issue too bro. But I've placed the transmitter right beside my wifi router and it hasn't done anything funny on the 360 or the ps3.

Absolutely loving it so far

sweet...almost 90% fixed ob getting these then.. :bigyellowgrin:

anyone who has good knowledge abt Turtle Beach X41 and Tritton AX PRO.

Which one Should I go for if I have to ?

if i had to choose i would choose ax pro. i dont like AA battery thing beside that axpro is better anyways not by much though...i mean if u already own turtle beach x41 i dont see any reason to spend again...

Just bought Tritton Ax Pro from member Wolf And was searching about settings and stuff for ax pro and came across this

http://www.cduniverse.com/productinfo.asp?pid=8570207

Tritton is going to release its new headset series in december so are they going to be better than ax pro,particularly Warhead 7.1 headset?

Thirded the PX5s. I have a set and its the best gaming headphones I have ever used. 5.1 surround actually works the way you'd expect it to.

MT you obviously not used the Astro's as yet....

The PX5 seems to have some pretty useful MP features... I think this is the first gaming headphone set I've seen that actually looks worth it.

I'm sold on the extra blutooth features..rest all features are nearly same as astros...

Totally.

They are just brilliant. The sound stage is surreal.

I'm sold on the extra blutooth features..rest all features are nearly same as astros...

The website says that you can get the set to emphasize certain types of sounds -- that is a huge advantage for the person using it (if it works).

The Astros are just a normal headphone + mic hooked up to a dolby headphone box (with a volume control for chat/game sound).

Sorry Mak. The Astros do look good though :console:

And Jiggy is right... people keep bashing DH but the fact is it works quite well :first:

Archived