Buying DSLR From USA

The Nikon USA warranty on film cameras, lenses, and speedlights will be honored by Nikon-authorized service centers outside the United States as long as you have the yellow copy of the Nikon USA warranty and your sales receipt from a dealer in the USA.

More here: https://support.nikonusa.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/9677

Besides, why would you wanna get it from there and risk it.

There are so many good dslr offers in India itself!

I bought a Nikon D5100 from US, there is no International Warranty in Nikon and they are cheaper in India :samui:

If you absolutely have to, go for Cannon, since the price difference will be justified to make the purchase.

More here: https://support.nikonusa.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/9677

Besides, why would you wanna get it from there and risk it.

There are so many good dslr offers in India itself!

I bought a Nikon D5100 from US, there is no International Warranty in Nikon and they are cheaper in India :samui:

If you absolutely have to, go for Cannon, since the price difference will be justified to make the purchase.

thanks both of you..if no warranty then makes no sense...as for choices looking between d5100 vs d3200.

how much would a decent dslr cost? for a beginer

Around 30k

@Playstation. Bro its not worth getting a DSLR from USA but lenses are definitely much cheaper and the range is much better , Sigma and Tamaron lenses are nigh unaffordable in India.

Around 30k

@Playstation. Bro its not worth getting a DSLR from USA but lenses are definitely much cheaper and the range is much better , Sigma and Tamaron lenses are nigh unaffordable in India.

okay. yea not buying from usa then..thanks...reason i look to usa because i was thinking during blackfriday sale i can get quite a good double lens kit and may be cheaper then what i will be spending in india. but then i aint risking such expensive device when i am not even sure about warranty so ..definitely a no no....

as for lens hoping to get the normal kit first...

Black Friday might be much cheaper , as far as I knew Nikon has international warranty, but some says otherwise, I was told the same when I bought mine

actually isomeone else also told me there is no international warranty and he is big into photopgraphy but still was not sure to about it...

actually isomeone else also told me there is no international warranty and he is big into photopgraphy but still was not sure to about it...

Man as far as I know there is. Find out from some official source ?

I would suggest u to get from US if, only if D5100 is bundled with lenses or accessories which otherwise costly.

Also check with local vendors, it might be cheaper than flipkart.

I got my D5100 for around 35k from chennai with warranty when Flipkart folks were selling it for 38k.

Good thing is the seller gave away a lens protecter and a cleaning kit for free (costs 2k) + he thought me in hand some pretty good stuffs on using DSLR.

So its better to go hand to hand deal if u r new to DSLR.

Amazon has excellent prices

http://www.amazon.in/Nikon-D3200-24-2MP-Digital-18-55mm/dp/B007VBGTX8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1382688166&sr=8-1&keywords=d3200

http://www.amazon.in/Nikon-D5100-16-2MP-Digital-18-55mm/dp/B0050FUCCG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1382688173&sr=8-1&keywords=d5100

Flipkart's prices are nearly 20% higher. And JJMehta's prices are even higher (haven't checked that site lately, used to be good for finding market prices earlier).

Archived