Movie Discussion Thread

HundredProofSam

I don't think I've ever seen *ahem* screener print in my entire life. Please, stop judging people. Wait a minute you are the one who just assumed that i didn't like english vinglish, right? Well, i have nothing to say to say. You assume too much.

@SA - sorry, I thought you said you its sh*t because there was grains in it :cheers:

Dante, buddy don't flatter yourself. Not everything is about you :rofl: go see my post of English Vinglish not being sh*t. It wasn't directed at you, it was to some guy who called the movie POS on the same page or before. :P

And regarding expendables 2, again we weren't talking about movie. Firangi distributors distribute 90% of analog prints to exhibitors in India and digital to only a-tier theaters and any classic movie would look sh*t in that. You would have known if you were avid moviegoer. Anywho hence all the grains, darker print, bad a/v etc

Freak what about Inox and PVR? They get digital print only right?

Some of my friends saw Jack Reacher and they loved it. Good thriller with tom cruise awesomeness is what they said. But metascore is just 49. Anyway I am gonna watch it on 1st Jan.

Saw 50/50 (7/10) Kinda depressing movie but i liked it more than Bucket list. More realistic.

These days almost all multiplexes have digital screens (1 out of 2audi) and 7.1

And never go to INOX. They're pathetic. Ask at PVR's boxoffice, on what screen JR is screening before purchasing tickets. JR is no expendables 2. Suspense drama with mediocre action and shitty print can make your experience miserable.

Edited by Mr. Freak

How do I check whether a theatre is showing digital or anything else? And what the *bleep* is this sh*t anyway? I thought its all same?

@freak - bro, again you are judging me. I've seen ghost rider 2 and john carter even after getting very bad reviews. Unless there is something serious I watch all hollywood movies in theatre. Yeah, all of them with some exceptions. I don't wanna argue about it though. I admitted to SA that its my bad that i thought he was saying movie is sh*t just because there was grains in the screen.

Bro, Ask at boxoffice. These are shitty people who charge same ticket price for analog n digital print. Even for 3D n real 3D, Indian theater owner charge same premium price. :doh:/> Huge difference

Here all the prices are same , 3d , 2d , real d 3d everything costs the same price..

Seen it quite a while ago. It was good but didn't like the over-whining devs constantly justifying the Rush jobs they did with their games.

All in all a good watch but I'd liked a little more area covered as far as indie game development was concerned. They mainly showed Fez and SMB devs crying over how much they don't enjoy game development. There is much more to the indie scene than that.

Agree. Both teams are whiners.

LOL, Of course digital! Just like PS3 HDMI output (digital) >>>>> AV cable output (analog)

I dont think you can compare TV display to a theater display .... the output of a TV is affected by the no. of pixels on screen, which depends on whether the input is analog or digital (analog inputs cannot go beyond 480p AFAIK). Hence you see the vast diff between the analog/digital on TV. But theaters use projection, and doesn't have the resolution concept, since they use film.

BTW, I've seen movies in imax digital (not the 70 foot, but the normal ones) and the normal single screen theater, and I've hardly found any difference between the two !

Edited by Ne0