PC Hardware Thread

ALPHA17

What's your current GPU Spin?

And yup, 4 GB won't be enough for 4k. But doesn't ram double up in sli? So that would be 8 GB? I am not sure about how it works in sli/crossfire.

Currently using an overclocked 670.

I checked on Amazon. Importing the evga 970 would cost $400 with normal shipping and $430 with faster options. You still save a bit but not really worth it.

Where does that leaves someone like me who wants to build a new rig?

You, you have no choice but to pick one up.

Remember Newegg said they'd start shipping stuff to India? Is that at all viable for these GPUs?

No.

Edited by ALPHA17

Get whatever is best for now. That advice was for people who already have decent setups.

So vram doesn't double in sli. 4 GB won't cut it for 4k at all. The console ports will eat into that vram going ahead, even on 1440p and 1080p.

GTX 960 coming October.

Following the launch of its GeForce GTX 980 and GTX 970 graphics cards, NVIDIA announced discontinuation of three of its top-selling high-end graphics cards, the GeForce GTX 780 Ti, the GeForce GTX 780, and the GeForce GTX 770. The $549 GeForce GTX 980 cannibalizes the GTX 780 Ti and GTX 780; and is cheaper to make, with 2 billion fewer transistors, four fewer memory chips, and a lighter VRM; while the GTX 970 targets several key sub-$350 products, blasting the GTX 770 to irrelevance. NVIDIA also tweaked pricing of its GeForce GTX 760 performance-segment graphics card, which now starts at $219. The company is expected to launch its replacement, the GeForce GTX 960, some time in October, 2014.

http://www.techpowerup.com/205418/nvidia-kills-the-gtx-780-ti-gtx-780-gtx-770-cuts-gtx-760-pricing.html

Should be around $250-280.

WTF with pricing here ? Nvidia 970 @ 28k . Although nvida 970 destroy amd R9 280x but i can easily get 280x for 16-17k . So is nvidia 970 worth 11k over amd 280x ?

Edit - So 970 is just 10% more expensive than r9 280x in US over 45% improved performance . They priced too much here , F**k this .

Edited by Abdulah

You, you have no choice but to pick one up.

Get whatever is best for now. That advice was for people who already have decent setups.

Hmm okay. The way you guys just put it down made it a bit :mellow: for me.

WTF with pricing here ? Nvidia 970 @ 28k . Although nvida 970 destroy amd R9 280x but i can easily get 280x for 16-17k . So is nvidia 970 worth 11k over amd 280x ?

Edit - So 970 is just 10% more expensive than r9 280x in US over 45% improved performance . They priced too much here , F**k this .

:O Where??

Also this a genuine concern for me as well. Is 970 worth the asking price?

Welp, will have to wait another generation for proper 4K I guess.

Yep. 2-3 more cycles and we'll have 2-way SLI for 4K. Hopefully.

Also this a genuine concern for me as well. Is 970 worth the asking price?

Yep. Best price / performance value. Get it and you are set for long time.

^Heavy tax and duty fee included.

R9 280 is 16-17k. (recently Big Boss purchased it)

R9 280x is 24-25k (recently sach4life purchased it)

R9 280x for 16-17k is lower than international price. :P

(unless I'm wrong with regional pricing, again)

I am pretty sure i saw that 17k price on Snapdeal/mdcomputer for r9 280x . Its currently available for 20-22k @ online and street price is lower .