Uncharted rip-off called ‘Adventurer’

Microsoft :rofl:

They know Xbox users only want dude-bro shooters, so they made it a FPS.

It seems you applied the same incredibly stupid logic to add sports also there. :lol:

How can I know, I have incredibly stupid logic.

But it seems you have incredibly stupid comprehension skill, as you missed the word "shooters" in my first post.

Fixed.

Hmm but

4730338_460s.jpg

Really? Wouldn't have guessed..

And uncharted is a cross between tomb raider and indiana jones . I wouldnt exactly call this a clone too, even the vid says as much. Either way i havent heard of this game so :yawn:

Everyone missed that point

As if Uncharted was a genuine game not a clone or cross over :lol:

Why the heck are people blaming Microsoft ??

I don't see a MS logo anywhere

..Everything in UC is copied from other games...

TR + Indiana jones + Gears of War = UC..... . Nothing is original... :thumbdown:

Even by your standards, that's retarded.

Iam talking abt Cover system....Idiot..

and

http://everygamingnews.com/2011/09/22/naughty-dog-uncharted-inspired-by-gears-of-war/

:bigyellowgrin:

Where in that article does it say the cover system was lifted / inspired from gears?

Don Poole, former Environment Modeller studio Naughty Dog, just tell us a story of the studio for the creation of Uncharted.

It seems that the game Uncharted would be much more fancy up the order of Sony, which demanded that the studio was inspired by the competition to make it more realistic.

The demographic was older and players were much on shooters “grainy” in Xbox (reference to the graphic style of Gears of War).Sony wanted to go at any price in the market share, he pushed all of its developers in that direction.

:doh: Say what?

I think the author of that article learnt how to write in english, but forgot to learn to read. And you are going around quoting such articles? Doesnt lend your argument any credibility if you ask me :doh: :doh:

Gears made it popular to the mass market .....Just compare the games released with cover system before Gears and after Gears....You will get your answer.... :)

Talking exclusively to Play, Don Poole, former Environment Modeller at Naughty Dog, explains how Uncharted: Drake's Fortune was originally a 'fantasy' game until orders came from Sony to make it more 'realistic'.

Fantasy game :rofl:

Dark Gritty Xbox Shooter inspired UC...

http://www.nowgamer.com/news/1063301/naughty_dog_gritty_xbox_shooters_shaped_uncharted.html

Where in that article does it say the cover system was lifted / inspired from gears?

You expect them to say that we copied Gears cover system ? :| ..

OK leave Gears but you do agree that it's inspired from TR and Indian jones....? :bigyellowgrin:

You expect them to say that we copied Gears cover system ? :| ..

Make up your mind, woman! :doh:

OK leave Gears but you do agree that it's inspired from TR and Indian jones....? :bigyellowgrin:

:doh:

With that logic:

1. Every comic book character who wears a black cape and has no super powers, is a copy of batman.

2. Every super hero who flies is a copy of superman. (Read irredeemable, I sh*t you not, its a damn good comic)

3. Unix was a copy of MS DOS, since MS DOS became popular(Its the other way around I assure you)

4. Every search engine is a copy of google. (Ill pity you if you believe this. One word: Lucene)

http://www.nowgamer...._uncharted.html

The first sentence:

Uncharted would be a totally different game with Gears Of War, it would seem.

Read it and tell me whats wrong with that sentence, children?

"So the big push from Sony, not just at Naughty Dog but at all of Sony's development companies at the time, was to craft games for PlayStation 3 that were much more realistic. The pressure from Xbox's success with gritty shooters was a very real force on our direction at that time."

flower, LBP and all other first party franchises which debuted around that time were "gritty"? :mellow: I dont know why you're doing this to yourself zodka :mellow:

The same cover system is there in Ghost Recon Future Soldier , Inversion too

Uncharted engine has better texture loading than the Unreal Engine , which has a varying rate of texture loading from 2-20 secs in worst of times , there are many discussions going on btwn these engines , the uncharted engine also allows complicated animations & capitalized on PS3's BR Discs

Archived