The Graphic Novels / Comic Books Thread

MarketTantrik

^^ But Betaal was available before 99.99% of the forum members were even born. (As expected, you excluded :P). And the stories are pretty nice too.

Raj comics had awesome stories till mid 2k when they suddenly went on a massive orgy with hollywood scripts. Instant quality dip. :|

Nagraj_in_WTS_near_Statue_of_Liberty.jpg

Nagraj,

And...

250px-Super_Commando_Dhruva.jpg

Super commando dhruva

Dhruv went mainstream. Hell the entire raj comics has gone to gutter. I was abig fan from mid 90s to mid 2000s. Doga was my fav. Raj comics of late nintys to early two k were stuff legends were made of. Nishachar, kaal paheliya, jigsaw, agraj etc minu series were epic. Not to mention kobi bhedia who had a stellar 2001 with do do haath and bhaago paagal aaya..

Sigh. Good times

Kal Pahelia is the best Indian comics villain. Raat ki Raani comics is one stellar piece of art. And that Kobi aur Bhedia debut one was superb as well. I stole it from our colony library as I was not allowed to buy comics during school time, it was only a summer thing :giggle:

^^ Don't forget Balikuthar. That was RC's first foray in glossy pages. And it looked super. :bigyellowgrin:

Also, Kalyug was epic among the late 2000s. 1990s and early 2ks had the best stories.

Edited by Kaamwali Bai

• 9 months later...

Also ordered a hard cover Batman Year one in the process to replace my misplaced paperback :(

BTW received Batman Black Mirror, BAtman Venom and the Boys Book 11 a few days back.. The boys is a brilliant series for anyone who like Preacher.