UFC (MMA) Thread

RestlessSoul

This thread is about discussing the upcoming events of Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) and also talking about the various fighters who make up the UFC roster.

For the uninitiated, Mixed Martial Arts(MMA) is real fighting(Unlike the WWE) but with certain rules and regulations. UFC airs on Sony ESPN and Sony ESPN HD.

Edited by RestlessSoul

• 1 month later...

bump for LESNAR VS HUNT

Its gonna be a good fight. Hunt has the raw one punch knockout power, while lesnar although is a big guy(UFC does not have maximum gloves size XXXL, while his size is XXXXL., they specially made gloves for him as no other athlete on UFC roster has such big hands :notangel: ), lesnar will face the problem of ring rust as he has been out of the UFC for 5 years now. He last fought and retired in 2011 after being diagnosed with diverticulitis. Ring rust will be a big factor in this match. I hope lesnar does not gas himself out in the first round.

But it will be a hell of a match anyway. :punk:

Anyone watching UFC 200 this Sunday?

Brock Lesnar [emoji109] is coming back to UFC for a single one off fight. This will make at least some WWE fans to watch UFC for a change. [emoji56]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

lel...nope :puspa:

HOPING LESNAR KNOCKS THAT MAN BOOBS HUNT IN FIRST ROUND ITSELF

SALTY UFC FANS NEED TO STFU AND BOW DOWN TO THE BEAST

Hunt has a mean right hand from what I've read.

She just decimated Tate. Tate wasn't even moving. Or couldn't, after that first hit. Also, LOL @ DC trying to strike battle with Silva for a min, then realising his place, and using takedowns. Every round this happened. Haha. Even Lesnar was on top of his game. Hunt is no joke, but Brock almost made light of him. Damn he is beast. Best performer tonight though was Aldo. Man. He barely even got a graze.

Good show all in all. I caught it live. Honestly though, I got that "big fight feel" only in Brock's match. DC v Jones would've been massive, but whatever.

She just decimated Tate. Tate wasn't even moving. Or couldn't, after that first hit. Also, LOL @ DC trying to strike battle with Silva for a min, then realising his place, and using takedowns. Every round this happened. Haha. Even Lesnar was on top of his game. Hunt is no joke, but Brock almost made light of him. Damn he is beast. Best performer tonight though was Aldo. Man. He barely even got a graze.

Good show all in all. I caught it live. Honestly though, I got that "big fight feel" only in Brock's match. DC v Jones would've been massive, but whatever.

Tate wasn't her usual self this time around. When she is battered she has the tenacity to come back. She has done that so many times in her previous fight like with holly Holm. I think being a champion just got into her head. It's good though we have new possibilities of holly Holm vs Nunes now or Ronda Rousey for that matter.

Lol! You are right about DC trying the standup game with the spider but then thought " No way, I will win this if I fight like this, it's better on the ground". I mean there is nothing wrong in this as each fighter plays to his strength. But still it was funny.

Lesnar was good but mind you he was exempted from the USADA dope testing as it was a single fight contract with the UFC, so you never know he might have been all juiced up. Mark hunt is no pushover.

And yes the old Aldo is back! That was such a dominant performance by him, making Edgar look like a kid. It will now setup the biggest fight of the year with Conor. But will Conor come back to featherweight from welterweight? That's a big question.

Nunes and Velasquez were the only saving grace. Otherwise 200 was totally boring. 202 looks like a better card.

202 has mcgregor!!! He is undisputed the press conference/ PPV King. Love him or hate him but you can't ignore him!![emoji48]

Edit: There seem to be many Meisha Tate fans here. If you are not a fan then please watch the first 15 sec of this video[emoji116][emoji48][emoji855]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pTWu_XBNyM

Edited by RestlessSoul

Oh, Lesnar was juiced up, alright. They all are. All of the time. No exceptions. There are so many tricks available to skirt the tests. Only the unlucky, or the careless get caught. And this is for every sport at the international level. Except maybe chess :P , but even then, those guys are taking something for staying alert that long. Mental PED. Hell. I'd say even at the national level. The demands of competitive sport are so high, without PEDs you can't even make it to the team. The consistent performance and consistent recovery simply isn't possible.

The fact remains though, Lesnar is a goddamn beast and an absolute freak of nature. He had a massive shiner on his eye, so Hunt did get him atleast once. He went in after 5 years, on maybe a 3-4 month's notice. Man. :majesty:

Also, Conor has said that he'd defend the belt no matter what. So we will def get Aldo V Conor. Damn that's gonna be good. Or, atleast the build up will be killer.

Tate wasn't her usual self this time around. When she is battered she has the tenacity to come back. She has done that so many times in her previous fight like with holly Holm. I think being a champion just got into her head. It's good though we have new possibilities of holly Holm vs Nunes now or Ronda Rousey for that matter.
Lol! You are right about DC trying the standup game with the spider but then thought " No way, I will win this if I fight like this, it's better on the ground". I mean there is nothing wrong in this as each fighter plays to his strength. But still it was funny.
Lesnar was good but mind you he was exempted from the USADA dope testing as it was a single fight contract with the UFC, so you never know he might have been all juiced up. Mark hunt is no pushover.
And yes the old Aldo is back! That was such a dominant performance by him, making Edgar look like a kid. It will now setup the biggest fight of the year with Conor. But will Conor come back to featherweight from welterweight? That's a big question.

Oh, Lesnar was juiced up, alright. They all are. All of the time. No exceptions. There are so many tricks available to skirt the tests. Only the unlucky, or the careless get caught. And this is for every sport at the international level. Except maybe chess :P , but even then, those guys are taking something for staying alert that long. Mental PED. Hell. I'd say even at the national level. The demands of competitive sport are so high, without PEDs you can't even make it to the team. The consistent performance and consistent recovery simply isn't possible.

The fact remains though, Lesnar is a goddamn beast and an absolute freak of nature. He had a massive shiner on his eye, so Hunt did get him atleast once. He went in after 5 years, on maybe a 3-4 month's notice. Man. :majesty:

Also, Conor has said that he'd defend the belt no matter what. So we will def get Aldo V Conor. Damn that's gonna be good. Or, atleast the build up will be killer.

There is a sociologist theory which says that "Everyone does crime but only those people who are caught are branded as criminals"

This supports what you said that everyone takes PEDs. But don't you think that's a very big sweeping statement. In UFC maybe it's true, but it other sports like our badminton(Saina Nehwal), Cricket(Sachin); all take PEDs. I think there would be riots in India if it comes out that Sachin took PEDs. It's just not possible!

So yeah your statement is true for some sports but not for all.[emoji56]

Also yeah Brock is a freak of nature![emoji33]. I mean who wears XXXXL size gloves for a fight. That's just crazy![emoji40]

And regarding Conor, his coach has said that it may not be possible for him to drop his weight to featherweight, that's why I am so skeptical. That the dream fight with Aldo may not be possible.[emoji853]. I hope I am wrong.

Well UFC sold for reported 4 billion $. Largest franchise deal ever.

Time will tell how its affects everything

Yup, the guys who have bought UFC have bought some other sports companies earlier also and they have a consistent record of increasing the viewership and the overall stays of the sports. So it will be good. Also Dana White will stay on as the head.