IGC 2012

genesis

err no, you said that Indian players are not thought of as being equal to the international counterparts, now that a champ is beaten only losers will still have that thinking

A champ is beaten by an Indian. Good! But how many people know of this feat? A handful? Which is why I said it is important that an Indian gamer beats these champions at the international level.. Until this happens Indian Gamers would not be considered as good...

well if they had to run then why setup a place with consoles or PCs and stuff, they could have very well run off earlier.

that is the way I look at it

I think they didn't knew about Zomato's refund policy or didn't bothered to read about it. Pretty sure it was supposed to be a scam. M5 said on their site that same Indian team came back in tourney after losing twice. Why do you think that would have happened, unless organizers wanted them to win so as to save prize money. Asking friends to play and win is a common trick used in almost all college level tournaments. Read up on any such scam, and it is always the same case. I have been on the receiving end of such thing. Still waiting for that a**hole to pay back my 70k that he took for his mother's treatment, who never ever was hospitalized. Thankfully, atleast one of these organizers got what he deserves. Guys like these should die or rot in jail forever so as not to breed ever.

I dunno man, violence will not get this stuff anywhere though, that is one thing I am pretty sure about

+1

even though the cause of anger is justified, that still doesn't permits us to take the law in our hands & start a riot. Violence will only create agony & bring despair amongst ppl.

I don't think beatin him up was needed, I know the other guy is a douchebag but beatin him up physically won't make me any different from the guy, there is something called dignity which makes us different from the other person & I don't think any of us would like to loose it just becuz of a douchebag

I think they didn't knew about Zomato's refund policy or didn't bothered to read about it. Pretty sure it was supposed to be a scam. M5 said on their site that same Indian team came back in tourney after losing twice. Why do you think that would have happened, unless organizers wanted them to win so as to save prize money. Asking friends to play and win is a common trick used in almost all college level tournaments. Read up on any such scam, and it is always the same case. I have been on the receiving end of such thing. Still waiting for that a**hole to pay back my 70k that he took for his mother's treatment, who never ever was hospitalized. Thankfully, atleast one of these organizers got what he deserves. Guys like these should die or rot in jail forever so as not to breed ever.

:console:

everyone was in emotional state bro, and that f**k trolled us all :|

aslo, lol @ above comments, jab khud pe aayegi tab sab kucch sahi lagta hai boss, even if it means beating d sh*t out of the person at that particular time.

I know it is fun to beat people up (from personal experiences :D ) but that is not the way to go about things, I would rather keep it as the last option, if everything else fails

Also which contest are you guys talking about, who trolled you people

frankly though, the fact that the event did take place means that they wanted it to happen, it was not a scam

it is just that it was the pinnacle of mismanagement.

I think they overestimated the tickets sales and hence quoted the prizes, on top of that they acted like a prick and gave cocky replies to the interested people.

Too naive Av,

personally the amout of money they could raked in through ticket sales was quite large. There way too costly with ticket & pass thing.

Do you think think they actually wanted to run this tourney without having a single bf3 running beforehand?

See the games that got cancelled.Console & games are easier to arrange on short notices, high end pc isn't.

Also they used all the money for advertising, all they wanted was ticket sales.

1.5 crore wasn't possible with sales, tourney always take a hit.

The only reason day2-3 happened was because they wanted to play bechara card & avoid legal threats/riot.

How many of us will file a case against them? None of us :)

+1

even though the cause of anger is justified, that still doesn't permits us to take the law in our hands & start a riot. Violence will only create agony & bring despair amongst ppl.

I don't think beatin him up was needed, I know the other guy is a douchebag but beatin him up physically won't make me any different from the guy, there is something called dignity which makes us different from the other person & I don't think any of us would like to loose it just becuz of a douchebag

Load of bullshit bro, I don't want a riot but a personal thrashing is deserved.

They had the balls to use Indian in their name & organise a scam near the Delhi area. Even a fool would think twice.

We can maintain dignity & Milestone will still screw us, how did the legal thing work out? That's why scam happens. Nobody wanna go through all the legal troubles against these guys. We'll curse & will be ready to be scammed again.

To each his own,

Hard to maintain dignity whem someone screws you in the a*s & then asks you to be thankful & pay money for double penetration.

From M5

Dima Smeliy

Fresh info: Mr. Kushagra on the phone with Sasha Ovsyanko. The essence of his proposal is as follows: 10,000 dollars in prize money + compensation costs per trip ($ 14,000). Payment will be within this month. Instead, we should not publish video "Carnival Night" and review with the shame of the tournament.

I still dunno Shaan, maybe I am thinking this way because I am not involved on either side, maybe I would have gone the other way and beaten him.

but even after beating him what would I have got, some cheap relief, not worth it I would say, may it was worth it when I was in college, but not now :)

To all those who think it is not justified:

Give me 50k each please. I do not have any income source anyways, so it will be good cheap money for me. As for you, well feel free to curse me as much as I want but please do not try to find me and threaten me cuz that's not dignified. Let me know, who is interested; I will send the account details to you.

And yes, I am serious. I need 50k from each of you guys.

HOW is beating up justifiable cause you lost your money?

Will you get it back if you beat someone up?

You've got a better chance (even if it's slim, it's still a better chance) of getting your money back if you file a legal issue rather than beat him up, yet you justify the beating by mentioning how you lost money. At this point people are driven purely on the basis of anger.

Archived