Microsoft has four unannounced IPs in the works

WhiteWolf

Microsoft is synonymous with franchises such as Halo, Gears of War, and Forza, but it sounds like the company is looking to expand its portfolio further.

Four unannounced IPs are in the works, according to Jonathan Browne. Browne is a senior product manager within Microsofts first-party publishing group, and has acted as the primary product manager behind the new titles. He has been a key contributor to bringing these IP from the very early concept phase through green light to production.

Brownes LinkedIn profile states:

I am currently a strategic Senior Product Manager/Product Planner within the Microsoft 1st Party Publishing group. I have been the primary product manager on four unannounced new IP and have been a key contributor to bringing these IP from the very early concept phase through green light to production.

http://gamingeverything.com/38981/microsoft-has-four-unannounced-ips-in-the-works/

Kinect Vegetable Cutter

Kinect balloon racer

Kinect Aquarium manager

Kinect All Stars Dance

Even if they are non-kinect; they might end up coming on Windows sooner or later ... MS seriously needs to get some good first party exclusives for next gen.

They recently rebranded their Vancouver studio (now Black Tusk Studio) and they announced their next project is an unannounced AAA game that could rival Halo.

That's according to the LinkedIn resume of senior product manager/product planner, Jonathan Browne (cheers, VG247). Browne worked at Black Tusk in 2010, where he was "the primary product manager on four unannounced new IP" and has been a "key contributor to bringing these IP from the very early concept phase through green light to production." As we wrote last year, Black Tusk was formed to work on "big games [with] big teams, big budgets, long timelines". It's what you do with it that counts, boys. "What that means is we are working on Microsoft's next big entertainment franchise," studio manager Mike Crump explained. "We're not working on an existing franchise, we're looking to build the next Halo here in Vancouver, for example, which is really exciting. We are building something from the ground up."

That distinction is important as it shows that Microsoft is working on AAA franchises and not just Kinect games which have been received poorly by 'core' gamers. Other studios with unannounced projects include Microsoft Studios - Log Angeles, Platform Next Studios, Playful Learning, Skybox Sports, Lionhead Studios, Lift London, Press Play, and Microsoft Victoria Studios. Some of these studios could be working on PC only titles or Windows Phone 8 games as well.

There must be something up there in Redmond, maybe a new studio? Because all these hires are game designers or directors.
#1:

jgJ06LQQ8LEfr.png

#2:

jb0CEabs1ibBpS.png

#3:

jbhHJWfKvKW4MS.jpg

#4:

jboGcxciS1yYXH.jpg

= Redmond based developers. Eiter internal or external development? Who knows.

jbvUXwQXNnIQ5Q.png
#5:

jbtQ6oC0DsUaDy.png

#6:

j7FI6vH1KtC2q.png

#7:

j4QFbuaIRs0AD.png

That "if I tell you anything about it, they'll have to kill me" part is common with tented teams like mine and that game studio dev's. We can't even tell other Microsoft people. Else they'll take us out back and pop us in the head :P

In all seriousness though, I really hope the game guys come up with some really good IPs to sell whatever it is that's coming next if and when it comes...

Archived