thehut.com - Major Issues

vbhoj74

This is to update the community of one of the order that I placed with the hut, which was showing in stock and expected delivery in 24 hrs at the time of order which was two weeks back (and even showing ex-stock till date), which they have still not shipped out. I try cancelling the order every other day, and they reject every time saying that its being processed and that I may return the item once I receive it, which has turned out to be a joke now !

This is what I ordred:

http://www.thehut.com/electronics/new-arrivals-electronics/homedics-9133-body-analyser-scales/10281726.html

When I ordered 15 days back, it was 20 pounds, and now its 13 :furious:

Here is the FB page I've raised the issue with them:

http://www.facebook.com/thehutcom/posts/165631290126369

So you guys can pour in some words of support in there if you would like !

Another friend on IVG was telling me about the same issue with his order from the hut, but he decided to probably sleep over it. Dont know if it has got resolved for him.

My order value is not big, but I never expected such low grade services from them, so just thought of updating everyone here as lot of us order games with them.

vineet unkle i cannot comment on the FB comments u have posted :(

I think you need to "like" thehut.com's page before posting on their wall.

EDIT: thats a hilarious thing to do tho, like them to blast them, maybe you can unlike them later. lol

Looks like the support that poured on my FB page instigated them to ship out the material, thanks to friends who wrote on the wall, here is a fresh email that I got from them today:

Hello Vineet

I am very sorry for the delay with your order being dispatched.

Unfortunately we had been unable to cancel this order on our system, however there was a delay with the dispatch of this item.

The Homedics 9133 Body Analyser Scales have been sent on 17.11.2010.

Delivery usually takes 5-15 working days.

We need to allow a further 15 days for your delivery to still arrive before this can been classed as lost in the post.

If you have not received this by the 17.12.2010 we can then start to trace this for you.

When you receive this item, please let me know if you wish to return it for a full refund.

Regards

Kathryn

national pangas lete lete...ab toh tu international hogaya :P

good to see its sorted out...i wanted to comment too but i dont use facebook and was too lazy to make a account just for this :P

very few people try to escalate issues(which we should) ,mostly its chalta hai attitude like you mentioned someone else also had problem with hut but he never bothered

Yep, we should escalate, and this is probably the 1st best use I've made with FB. I got another mail from them today intimating me that they have initiated the process to refund the difference amount that has gone down for the product from order date to shipping. I feel much better now. :bigyellowgrin:

Happy for you bro. I dont use facebook too or would have shown my support to you.:cheers:

glad ur issue got sorted, i have used thehut.com atleast 50 times until now and never had any issues with them.

even once when i ordered a game and it got supposedly lost(actually reached me after 2 months) and they sent me a quick replacement

glad ur issue got sorted, i have used thehut.com atleast 50 times until now and never had any issues with them.

even once when i ordered a game and it got supposedly lost(actually reached me after 2 months) and they sent me a quick replacement

I know, even I was not expecting this, what made me mad was when they kept rejecting my cancellation request saying that its already ready for dispatch. On the other hand they kept reducing the price for new buyers !

I like the name of the weighing scale the OP bought

Ho-medics :giggle:

Nice !!!!

:doh:

@Playstation bro: NP!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Well I need to change my opinion about the hut. Here is the update to my order, they sent me the delivery and also matched their lower price on their own site and refunded the difference 7 pounds. After a month I did not received the package so upon raising the ticket they asked if I want a replacement or a refund. I asked them for a signed delivery with extra being charged to my account which they declined and refunded me total 20 pounds (7 extra which they already refunded). Upon receiving the CC statement I notified them of the error, which forced them to check up my account and found that not only they refunded me extra, they also sent me a replacement which too I'm yet to receive. They asked me to notify them if I receive it within 30 days as they will re-charge me with the lower amount, else declare the parcel as lost.

:ko:

Well I need to change my opinion about the hut. Here is the update to my order, they sent me the delivery and also matched their lower price on their own site and refunded the difference 7 pounds. After a month I did not received the package so upon raising the ticket they asked if I want a replacement or a refund. I asked them for a signed delivery with extra being charged to my account which they declined and refunded me total 20 pounds (7 extra which they already refunded). Upon receiving the CC statement I notified them of the error, which forced them to check up my account and found that not only they refunded me extra, they also sent me a replacement which too I'm yet to receive. They asked me to notify them if I receive it within 30 days as they will re-charge me with the lower amount, else declare the parcel as lost.

:ko:

notify them after 30days that you did not receive it (despite of getting it ) :naughty: ... shoot them a lengthy mail and make them feel miserable on facebook etc...saying the mental agony you had to go through while waiting for it...each time the doorbell rang you thought it was the postman :devil: ...the trauma ...those sleepless nights thinking when the game will reach (30 nights to be precise :P ) and ask them for a compensation against all this again :devil:

notify them after 30days that you did not receive it (despite of getting it ) :naughty: ... shoot them a lengthy mail and make them feel miserable on facebook etc...saying the mental agony you had to go through while waiting for it...each time the doorbell rang you thought it was the postman :devil: ...the trauma ...those sleepless nights thinking when the game will reach (30 nights to be precise :P ) and ask them for a compensation against all this again :devil:

Kaka is not so seedha saadha after all :naughty:

OT but if I have an import query about a package coming in from the US where would I post it? There seem to be threads for the UK aplenty and for Games. But what if this is something electronic?? Which thread should I take it to? Cos it ain't coming from some commercial entity like Amazon either. Shall I put it in the Import help for all legal ways of getting games thread?

Archived