Need Help! - PS3 Proxy Server

Solid Praky

Hi

I ve been use PS3 proxy quite a while for downloading from PC.

The problem I face is about the larger files, It takes a hell a lot of time for transferring from PC to PS3.

Today I tried transferring a 7 GB pkg. I waited 1 whole hour just to see only 12% of completion.

I use wireless network at home. I even tried disconnecting all the devices from the network xcept PC & PS3, but no improvements.

Due to this prob I have Just Cause 2, RE5, Batman AC pkg files sleeping on my laptop hardisk. All above 7 GB.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

It depends on the router speed. It surely takes a lot of time. Mine transfer at 3 mbps, so I just have to wait.

Wait, for 7 GB file, it should not do only 12% in 1 hr. Something is wrong with your router I guess.

It depends on the router speed. It surely takes a lot of time. Mine transfer at 3 mbps, so I just have to wait.

Wait, for 7 GB file, it should not do only 12% in 1 hr. Something is wrong with your router I guess.

Does signal strength affect speed?

I have my ps3 at a place where it has 65% signal strength....(as per the connection test)

Does signal strength affect speed?

I have my ps3 at a place where it has 65% signal strength....(as per the connection test)

It doesn't for me I have checked the bandwidth for around 50% signal and even 90% signal,both having same proper bandwidth.

I guess the PKG is being downloaded from PSN all over again. It is not transferring from the PC.

At beginning i had the same doubt mate, but given that my net speed is 512 Kbps- 12% of 7GB file (800 MB) would take atleast 3-4 hrs... not in 1 hour.

So I confirmed PKG is being sent from PC...

Is thr any other way to send these files to ps3? Pls tel me i m all ears... :helpsmilie:

At beginning i had the same doubt mate, but given that my net speed is 512 Kbps- 12% of 7GB file (800 MB) would take atleast 3-4 hrs... not in 1 hour.

So I confirmed PKG is being sent from PC...

Is thr any other way to send these files to ps3? Pls tel me i m all ears... :helpsmilie:/>

If the connection is wired then the rate will be increased

If the connection is wired then the rate will be increased

Initially, I thought the same. But the difference in speed between wired and wireless is just this much! My friend wirelessly transfers 8+ gigs of PKGs in like 20 odd minutes. He's got a 512Kbps connection too.

Guys, Please give any suggestions/trial & error methods.

So tht I can experiment things to check, I just want to zero-in on the problem.

Anyone knows about IEEE 802.11 b/g/n?

I heard connecting a 'b' device to a 'n' connection would slow up things in a network and PS3 doesnt support 802.11n connection.

Also I dont know whether my wifi is b/g/n, I dont know how to check, but I think It must be 802.11n.

I donno whether this one is the problem, but just wondering could it be...

• 4 weeks later...

Archived