Max Payne 3

SchizoidFreud

I love the Matrix trilogy too :cheers:

I can give you one example of a movie which was uber-cool back when it released, yet, when I watched it last month, some parts of the movie were downright laughable.

Independence Day........VIRUS Damn :rofl:

EDIT: Just realised that this is the Max Payne 3 thread :mellow:

Independence Day....oh yeah, i remember that movie, it was the hottest sh1t when I was in school. I haven't seen it more than once though. Don't even remember half the story (if there was one) !

It's been almost 12 years since the first Matrix so yeah it does qualify as "old". I must say movies like Bladerunner, T2, Aliens, The Fiifth Element and The Matrix have aged really well. They still look modern. The good thing about the first Matrix is that unlike its sequels it kept CGI to a minimum. Most of the bullet-time effects were done practically with multiple cameras.

@devil_angel, Independence Day is still watchable. It's one of those "so bad it's good" movies. But man the CGI hasn't aged well at all!

Yes, of course it's still watchable, but some parts of the movie which were so cool when I watched on as a child seem lower than kiddy stuff now :P

Who here doesn't like Matrix huh? :threatenlumber:

I had all and I mean ALL matrix mods ever created for Max Payne. There was one mod which perfectly replicated the Neo vs 100s of Smiths action sequence from Matrix Reloaded. Then Matrix Path of Neo came along and I played it for hours and hours, day after day, beating the crap out of agents. (yeah, it was a bad game, but anything Matrix was awesome for me, same as anything DBZ or anything WWE :giggle: )

I even liked Enter The Matrix...

Ahhh, that was the game that made me fail first time in my academic LIFE. I completely ignored my Preparation Leave and played through this game whole time. Thank god I passed with grace marks. The game was utter sh*t for a neutral gamer, but any Matrix fan would play it like its GOTY. Live action cutscenes exclusive to the game, music straight from the movie, combat moves exactly from the first movie (Smith's takedown of Neo in Neo vs Smith one on one fight anyone?), RUNNING ON WALLS etc etc. Awesome stuff.

• 2 weeks later...

Played 1 & 2 back to back(Again!!!! for god know how many times so far).

here are my impressions:-

Max Payne 1

Grafix 7/10

Sound 10/10

Gameplay 10/10

Story 10/10

A perfect hard boiled Cop thriller.

Seriously the game holds up to current day,it is still hell lot of fun and nth can beat dodging bullets in bullet time coupled with shoot dodge u have what it takes for a gr8 time.

I still remember how driven i was due to the story the first time played max payne,completed in a day an amazing experience.

The dialogues,humor,tv shows almost everything still drives u further to play the game its that good.

The background score nothing can beat it,the very driving force behind the game,the very step in Aesier corp building and u realize this going to end , u r unstoppable.

Max Payne 2

Grafix 8.5/10

Sound 10/10

Gameplay 10/10

Story 10/10

A perfect Noir thriller.

Bullet time got even better with u being able to kill mid air.

The tv shows get better.

A good leap from MP1,just that a story although very well done misses a bit on driving element,the secret ending on DOA mode still is the best(i am a sucker for happy ending.)

The background score is very strong with this one as well,the sequence with mona have such illusive feel to it.

Why the f**k did the ruin max payne 3,where the hell is mona,what is this crappy setting. :ranting:

I am not sure if Max payne 3 can hold to standards set by the previous 2. :ranting::banned: