Just another Importing PS4 from Murica thread

sid_008

Hey guys,

Well, having severe dilemma about how should I go about buying a PS4.

Initial plan was to pick one up here with an extended warranty if possible. Had posted in the PS4 thread and a lot of the members said that Croma offers extended warranty.
Called them, was quoted 2599/- by the CCE on the phone. So went down to the nearest shop the next day only to be told that the quotation was wrong and its 5999/- for the extended warranty. Luckily met a friend that evening who had purchased extended warranty in the past from Croma. He had an absolute horrifying experience and took them about 2 months to sort his replacement unit out. In short, decided against it.

So came back to the buy online with offer plan. Quite a few e-retailers selling about the 36k mark. So started doing a bit of hunting for deals. Typical BS story, when I left the UK, Game was selling PS4 bundles for GBP 459 and what not with one or two games tops. Now, 399 they have GTA V + Destiny + The Last of US + One Year PS+. :ranting:

http://www.game.co.uk/en/playstation-4-with-grand-theft-auto-v-the-last-of-us-remastered-download-destiny-vanguard-and-ps-12-months-318784?pageSize=20&categoryIdentifier=737200&catGroupId=

Basically, I am keen on GTA V and Destiny and also TLOU.

So if I do decide to purchase a console here, I am guessing the rough break down will be:

> 36k (console) + 3.5k (GTA V) + 2.7k (Destiny) + 1.8k (TLOU - Used copy, have seen them go for about this price on the forum) = 44,000 /- (Minus the PS+)

Now, I have seen few posts in the What Your Bought thread about stuff purchased in the Obama territory and get it shipped via Borderlinx or something.

My friend is doing his usual annual trip home from Murica, but he is being a d**k and wont be able to bring one down from me.

With Black Friday deals around and Sony India basically giving a big fat finger to us on Diwali, I just did few quick calcs.

Places like Best Buy and Target have released their Black Friday offers. $399.99 ~ $400 for PS4 + TLOU + GTA V.

> $400 @ 62.5 = 25,000/- Had a quick look at Borderlinx and their Calculator which states I will be charged roughly 7,700 /- for the shipping and customs = 32,700 /-

Now, I have never used Borderlinx, so I dont know how they manage the Customs and all. So if anyone of you who have used them in the past, please post in your experience, will help me big time.

If I get the console via US, 32,700 + 2.7k (Destiny) + 2.2k (UPS - Just to be safe) = 37,600 /-

Difference of about 6400 /- Is this worth the hassle of getting it from States for this difference ?

Another thing, places like Target and Best Buy offer extended warranty for $40 for 2/3 years which also covers accidental damage too. I can add that and if anything happens, ship the console to my friends place and make him sort the issue and replacement or repair.

So basically for about 40,000 /- I get a PS4 + 2/3 (Depending on which outlet) Repair / Warranty with Accidental Damage covered + GTA V + TLOU + Destiny + UPS.

Considering the same would set me back about about 50k or more, is this worth it ? Never owned a console in India before and never owned a first gen of a console too. Had picked up a 360 after 3 years of its launch, so didnt face any hardware issues with it.

Really sorry posting in such a long drab story. But I am in a proper dilemma and absolutely confused as to which would be a better option so any suggestion would be extremely helpful !

Also, would like to know more about Borderlinx as Amazon US Customs calculator gave me a quote of about 10k while the Borderlinx one gave 7.7k. So just wanted to know its reliable or not.

Cheers

Archived