Complete STEAM guide - Announcements | Badges | Market | Trading | Cheap Games | Wallet and MORE

Heaven Angel

• 2 weeks later...

Lenders to authorize family members’ accounts

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/familysharing/announcements/detail/1514631872082060861

We’ve made a change to the way Family Sharing works in the most recent Steam client beta, where lenders must now identify the Steam users who may access and play their shared games on shared computers. This allows lenders more control while reducing the risk of VAC or other bans resulting from an unknown user accessing and abusing shared games on an authorized machine.

Family Sharing is now a two-factor authorization process, where up to ten Steam accounts on up to ten machines may be authorized to share your library at a given time. Any of these ten users may log into any of your ten authorized machines to access and play your shared games. Additionally, users may still request access to your shared library by sending you a request from any machine where you've installed games.

To authorize up to ten family members to share your games, visit Family Sharing settings using the most recent Steam client beta update. Our FAQ have also been updated to reflect these changes.

Via GAF:

Known Hardaware So Far (ALL MACHINES STILL PROTOTYPES - cases subject to change

Webhallen Steam Machine

150JOEZ.jpg

Inside a white BitFenix ​​Phenom houses the Intel Core i7-4771 with Geforce GTX 780 and 16GB of DDR3 memory. More details are motherboard Asus H81I-Plus, hybrid storage with Seagate Thin SSHD 1 TB, water cooler Antec Cooler H2O 620 V4 and power supply Corsair CX 600M 600 W. Webhallen however, planning to release both cheaper and more lavish options.

- The plan is to introduce three different models: a really cost-effective machine that can compete with traditional consoles and two machines for those who want a power enough to run everything on high settings. Of course these will cost a penny, but they may on the other hand offer performance on a completely different level than the recently launched game consoles, says Anton Nilsson.

__

CyberPowerPC Steam Machines (x2) - $499/$699

ZqUymws.jpg

CYBERPOWERPC Steam Machine A - $499

Case: CYBERPOWERPC Steam Machine Gaming Chassis

Graphics: AMD Radeon R9 270 2GB GDDR5

Processor: AMD A6-6400K 3.90 GHz

Storage: 500GB SATA-III 7200 RPM HDD

RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz Dual Channel Memory

Chipset: mITX motherboard w/ 802.11 WiFi + Bluetooth

Steam Controller

Steam OS

CYBERPOWERPC Steam Machine I - $699

Case: CYBERPOWERPC Steam Machine Gaming Chassis

Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 2GB GDDR5

Processor: Intel Core i3-4330 3.50 GHz

Storage: 500GB SATA-III 7200 RPM HDD

RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz Dual Channel Memory

Chipset: mITX motherboard w/ 802.11 AC WiFi + Bluetooth

Steam Controller

Steam OS

__

iBuyPower Steam Machine - $499

7F4Nf92.jpg

Radeon R9 270, 500GB HDD, WiFi & Bluetooth, Steam Controller included

"Smaller than Xbox One" & "Existing Steam for Linux games should run quite well at 1080p 60 FPS"

__

Digital Storm Steam Machine (x2?) - $1469

GFXMzcK.jpg

Range of configurations will be available up to - GTX Titan, 700W PSU, dual boot with Windows, CPU Liquid Cooling & "Advanced Thermal Management"

4.4" x 14.1" x 16.4" (Slightly bigger than Xbox One)

""Rather than try to compete with console pricing, our system takes aim at the high end of the market and capitalizes on PC gaming's biggest advantage, raw performance""

__

PiixL JetPack - approx $1000

MXG6jY7.jpg

"Capable of housing overclocked Intel Core i7 processors, up to 1TB of SSD storage and the latest graphics cards from Nvidia, including the Titan and GTX780"

Mountable with TVs (32 to 70" VESA compliant), Walls & Tables.

**Claimed to launch on New years day, but has not. Also has never used the moniker "Steam Machine" - possible licencing issue/dodgy?

__

The First Liquid-Cooled Steam Machine - $2584

gyWx9JN.jpg

"We (Digital Storm) are not looking to compete with console pricing," said Rajeev Kuruppu, Digital Storm's Director of Product Development. "We're taking aim at the high end of the market, targeting consumers that demand the best possible gaming experience and who are looking for a PC capable of playing any title on their new 4K display."

Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 Ti 3GBP

Processor: Intel Core i7 4770KP

System Memory: 16GB DDR3 1600MHz P

SSD: 120GB Corsair Neutron GTXP

Storage: 1TB (7200 RPM) (64MB Cache)P

Cooling: 240mm Radiator Liquid CPU CoolerP

Motherboard: ASUS H87I-PLUSP

Power Supply: 500W Digital Storm Bolt II Edition1P

Optical Drive: DVD/CD 8x Multi-DriveP

Warranty: Life-time Expert Care with 3 Year Limited WarrantyP

Price: $2,584

More awesomeness: http://www.digitalstormonline.com/bolt-ii.asp

http://steamcommunity.com/app/250820

Programmer Joe 9 hours ago

How to try SteamVR

As of the most recent Steam Client Beta steam now supports an experimental VR mode. If you own an Oculus Rift dev kit you can try it out by starting Steam with "-vr" on the command line. Then press the Big Picture button to enter Big Picture + VR mode.

The first time you run you may need to do the following:

1) Run Steam in the desktop client without the -vr option

2) Find "SteamVR" under "Tools" in your library. (If you don't have it installed, install it.)

3) Bring up properties on SteamVR and opt-in to the "Beta Update" beta. Let the update download.

4) Quit the Steam Client again and start it with -vr

Please use this forum to provide feedback on VR mode.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/250820/discussions/0/630802344730488459/

Games with VR support:

http://store.steampowered.com/search/?term=vr+support

:panic::panic:

New Steam controller design showcased at SteamDevDays , featuring four face buttons and a semi-DPad. Touchscreen removed.

7CvvBL7.jpg

quNvbDE.jpg

Steam active users 2011 - 2013

5cz7teY.jpg

New currencies for 2014

YBx7Ixx.jpg

Who moved this thread here ? :ko: It was perfect under downloads , heck even news, rumors and discussions would've been fine. Hardly any activity at PC connect. Members turn up to this part of the forum for PSN mostly , and the odd time for XBL.

Welcome address by Gabe

• Gabe wants developers to take control of the Store and how they promote their games
  • Gabe: "Our goal is to make Greenlight go away. Not because it's not useful, but because we're evolving."

Mike Morasky (Composer at Valve) confirmed Kelly Bailey is back to doing work for Valve. KH19s5d.gif

Valve is showing off their take on what VR could be like in 2 years (Vortex?), there's a panel about it tomorrow but initial impressions are already coming in.

@TheDavidHensley's tweets on Valve's VR prototype:

(Source) "Valve’s VR demo felt like being in a lucid dream state and very much like a holodeck"

(Source) The Valve's VR prototype felt like playing an XBOX compared to the Oculus's "8bit Nintendo".

(Source) Resolution is higher compared to the Oculus Rift. Accurate positional/rotation tracking. Able to walk around.

• Source 2 was mentioned during the OpenGL talk. It's no surprise that Source 2 will support OpenGL at a low level.
  • Steam In-Home Streaming currently does not utilize hardware encoding/decoding, but will in the future.
  • Valve wants to add these new currencies to Steam in 2014
  • Currencies for: Australian, Thai, Canuck, Norwegian, Mexican, New Zealand, Philippines, Malaysian, Indonesian, Singapore, Ukraine, Japan and possibly Turkey which is only highlighted on the map.
  • Steam has been growing pretty rapidly
  • The number of game releases/year has also been growing steadily
  • Valve wants to remove itself from the process, and for devs to be closer to the community
  • The Steam for Mobile apps have over 7 million users
  • Over 10% of games released to Steam in 2013 are Early Access titles
  • During the 2013 Holiday Sale, 1.7m in-game items were given out, 2m Snow Globe trades and 2m daily market transactions
  • Valve plans to allow money transfer between Steam wallets in 2014
  • Steam Controllers will be sold through Steam and retail
  • The retail controller will no longer have a touchscreen. It'll have a DPAD and ABXY buttons for backwards compatiblity
  • The retail controller will use AA batteries, this means the user can also use rechargable batteries
  • Biometrics are important, but the hands are not the best place to capture them
  • The controllers have gyroscopes, but these are not implemented in the firmware yet
  • Core implementation of Steam Controller API is already available in the current Steamworks SDK
  • The Steam Controller API supports up to 16 controllers at once
  • Valve is keeping VR in mind while developing the controller
  • More changes to the controller are coming, they have just started processing beta feedback

Source: http://steamdb.info/blog/42/

Day 2 today. Stay tuned.

• 2 months later...

Source: Steam Controller will be available in "October or November"

A trusted hardware source with knowledge of Valve’s Steam Machines project told PC Gamer at PAX East that Valve’s Steam Controller will release in October or November of 2014.

The current, prototype version of the Steam Controller was refreshed in mid-March when Valve announced that it’d added two four-button button diamonds between the haptic trackpads.

Our source added that the completion of Valve’s Steam Controller was the final piece that would precede the availability of most Steam Machines, which indicates that Steam Machines will also begin to release at the end of the year. The source also told PC Gamer that they expect “about 500” games to be natively playable on SteamOS by the end of this year, up from the current count of 382.

Source: PCGamer

• 7 months later...

hi guys

I was playing insurgency in the morning then i shut down my machine

now when i tried to open game through steam it says can not open file , missing executable what to do?

i tried few steps like deleting appcache folder and flushing through i.e etc as mentioned on support page but still the error message is coming and I am not able to play game . other games are launching fine though

please help

:nerves::nerves:

Wow man done thanks joe bro..i had to disable antivirus for that though.

First time i did as you said and after completing process it said 5 files failed. second time 1 file failed. also antivirus was giving some message like file is not good in steam folder and i disabled antivirus then did verification again and it successfully completed verification

thanks again man :majesty:

• 9 months later...

I want to use steam once i get my new rig. It is mentioned in the op that you can add your retail game to your steam. How & where in the app to do that ? Also if i buy a game on steam can i pause the game file(s) download like you can on PSN ? I have a 1.3 mb/s & 2mb/s night mtnl connection so it will take me 4-5 days to download those 20GB games.

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk

I want to use steam once i get my new rig. It is mentioned in the op that you can add your retail game to your steam. How & where in the app to do that ? Also if i buy a game on steam can i pause the game file(s) download like you can on PSN ? I have a 1.3 mb/s & 2mb/s night mtnl connection so it will take me 4-5 days to download those 20GB games.

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk

the you can add retail games to steam thing is partially true.

You can't add any retail game to steam,only SteamWorks games which will require you to install steam anyway.Quite misleading

in the bottom left of the steam client there is an option called add game,click on that and choose one of the 3 options,on should be redeem cd key or something.

Yeah you can pause the download,but ive noticed the download resets if a patch for the game has been released

Archived