The Football Thread

Xeno

Arsenal have done Chelsea a favour.... Now, lets us do the world a favour... C'mon Chelsea!!!

remember when we beat united , we thought we did them a favour and they thanked us :blush: . They repaid it today :dance:

How the game changes :panic:

^ :( But we missed Giggs , damn w/o him we sometimes look kinda avg in midfield. :fear:

Good to see Wenger smile , he will probably grow a couple of more hairs now instead of losing them. :P

Next Sunday the final showdown.. :nerves:

next sunday is gonna be awesome.cant wait.i hope chelsea thrash these cheaters at OT.go chelsea.

How many more times will u continue this , its getting boring , find something new will you. :yawn:

so we beat Manu :devil: ...

dat smiley is a bit ironic :P ...

chelsea... time 2 buckle up n beat dem again next week :coolspeak: ... so dat cup will probably be urs dis time ;) ...

we cant win 4 sure, but dont let 'em win either :threatenlumber: ...

How many more times will u continue this , its getting boring , find something new will you. :yawn:

it depends on the situation bro,manu gives me chances to post something like this against them.

chelsea... time 2 buckle up n beat dem again next week :coolspeak: ... so dat cup will probably be urs dis time ;) ...

London london bhai bhai :hug:

Redknapp targets La Liga hitman, but can’t afford Forlan!

The Tottenham manager Harry Redknapp has already admitted that a new striker is the top priority for Spurs this summer, but the extensive rumours that he wants the 31 year-old Diego Forlan at White Hart Lane are completely wrong.

The latest striker being linked with Tottenham is the Espanyol hitman Osvaldo, who has scored an impressive 10 goals in 19 appearances for the Spanish side. At 25 years-of-age he will be available for around £10m this summer, which is much more reasonable that prices being quoted for more established names.

Redknapp said: “I’d like to get another frontman, if I can. It’s been one of those years.

“Normally Defoe would have had 18 goals by now and Crouchy hasn’t scored many. We’re still in it without the frontmen having scored the goals they should have done.

“But strikers are difficult to find. They’re big money. We went for (Villarreal’s Giuseppe) Rossi last year and he was suddenly £35m.

“We can’t afford Forlan. He’s a player who’s on about £120,000-a-week. By the time you pay a transfer fee, you’re talking about probably £28m and there’s no return on your money, is there? You can’t sell him at the end of it.

“For us to pay that sort of money is frightening.”

Redknapp also admitted that he is very keen to find some buyers for his surplus squad members, and perhaps use the money to bring in another couple of new faces.

He continued: “We’ve got lots of players out on loan that we haven’t moved, or haven’t been able to move, in the last couple of years … David Bentley at Birmingham, Robbie (Keane) at West Ham, there’s (Giovani) dos Santos out in Spain (with Racing Santander), Jamie O’Hara at Wolves.

“We need to trim the squad a bit, to try and get some money in. I’d rather have a smaller squad and bring in maybe one or two top players.”

Redknapp will be hoping that his strikers are on target today as Spurs face Chelsea. Tottenham are seeing Man City pull away from them in fourth place and another defeat could see their chance of Champions League football disappear completely.

Redknapp admitted that he would not be looking forward to a place in the Europa League next season. He said: “It’s been hard, our first year in Champions League football. We’ve had a great run at it but it certainly takes its toll. But the Europa League takes a bigger toll, that’s the problem.

“It’s one of those competitions that teams get in and they try and get out of.

“It’s a million miles away from the Champions League.”

My link

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mancini admits Tevez could leave, with Chelsea hovering with £40m

It is being reported this morning that the Chelsea boss Carlo Ancelotti is preparing a £40m bid for the Man City captain Carlos Tevez, and Roberto Mancini admitted that it could be hard to keep the Argentinian at the Eastlands if he is looking to move on.

Ancelotti wants to pair Tevez with Fernando Torres in the new generation of Chelsea strikers next season, and Mancini agreed that there is little point keeping the prolific striker against his will.

“I will fight for every player who wants to stay here, whether it is Carlos or another player,” Mancini said.

“But I think it is difficult in 2011 to keep one player who does not want to stay at the club. Carlos has a contract but I don’t know what is going to happen to him.”

My link

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kenny Dalglish set to sign SIX players this summer

It seems that the Liverpool boss Kenny Dalglish has got together with Damien Comolli and drawn up a list of potential targets for the coming summer and are hoping for six new arrivals at Anfield for next season.

The Star reports that the two priority positions that need filling are the left-back and left-wing, with Jose Enrique the top target for the first, and Stewart Downing favourite for the second.

They also say that Charlie Adam is on the list, along with two top defenders in Gary Cahill and Phil Jones, and a couple of French names on the list are Yann M’Vila and Mamadou Sakho.

Dalglish believes that six top class signings will give him a squad capable of challenging for a Champions League position next season, and if can really persuade the above named to go to Anfield, then he will probably be right!

My link

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chelsea to beat Man Utd to £25m Ligue 1 Midfielder

It has been widely reported that the Man Utd boss Alex Ferguson is very keen on taking the Rennes defensive midfielder Yann M’Vila to Old Trafford this summer, but now it seems that the Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich is going to authorise Carlo Ancelotti to step in with a bid of up to £25m for the 20 year-old.

The Star says that Man Utd were willing to bid up to £15m for the young Frenchman, but with Chelsea preparing to trump whatever Alex Ferguson puts on the table, the Blues are now hot favourites to land the big commanding stopper.

Despite his age, M’Vila has already played over 60 games for Rennes and has now become one of the first names on the teamsheet.

His talent has been known for some time as he has represented France at every single level from the U16s upwards, and has already appeared eight times for the senior side.

My link

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tottenham favourites over Man City to land Scott Parker

The Players Player-of-the-Year, Scott Parker from West Ham, is set to be much in demand this summer if the Hammers get relegated. The Tottenham boss Harry Redknapp has been a long-time admirer of Parker but now it seems that Manchester City are also keen on taking him to the Eastlands.

Roberto Mancini is looking for a strong midfielder to replace Patrick Vieira, while Redknapp loves Parker’s never-say-die attitude and would love him at White Hart Lane.

The Mirror today reckons that West Ham have agreed that Parker can leave if they go down to the Championship, and neither team will have a problem with the £10m price tag, but Man City are much more likely to offer a giant wage packet to the ex-Chelsea man.

But the Mirror insists that Tottenham are the hot favourites to sign him, as he doesn’t want to move away from his mother and family in London so soon after his fathers death.

My link

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited by kaka_messi

:chair::loser:

So this weekend for once , all the champions league semi finalists were beaten in their respective leagues.

It's going to be mammoth and a cracker of a game next Sunday. Glory glory man united !!

Great performance by Liverpool yesterday. The midfield looked sharp and our defence was decent. New Castle were really poor though and their defending was abysmal at times. I really am starting to like Jay Spearing a lot. He tackles hard and is a good passer of the all.

Also, why is everyone saying that either Spurs or Liverpool have a chance to qualify for Europe? Don't all teams between 5th and 7th qualify for the Europa League. Thus, won't both of them play in a European competition?

Or is there a new rule that there will be a playoff between 4th and 5th place for a place in the Champions League :surprise: ?

Edited by Avishkar