Graphics card vs Processor speed impact in games

Joyous

Hi all,

I am just curious about impact of Processor speed in PC games. My question is

A core i7 processor with radeon HD 4830 system will match a core i3 processor with radeon HD 5450 system?

Can I play Assasins creed 4 in both machines?

Regards

My info might not be accurate, still I will let you know as no one else has replied yet.

Processor needs and Graphic needs are totally different for different games. Like, if you wana play Civilization 5, you will need a heavy processor to process each turn in least time possible. While COD requires a heavy graphic processor to render he visual challenges of the game. COD will give nearly same Frame-rate in both i3 and i7. Difference is you cant alt-tab and multitask while playing COD on i3, it will consume 80% CPU usage while 30% on i7.

4830 and 5450 are nearly same, rather 4830 is better than 5450. You can check http://www.gpureview.com/show_cards.php?card1=586&card2=625

See, 4xxx and 5xxx tells the year, newer DirectX support and newer architecture is used. x8xx and x4xx tell the shader processors, the more the better. That means, even though 4830 is a year older than 5450 and might not support DirectX11 properly but the games will run smoothly.

So yes, I think u can play AC4 in both but with low settings. These cards are 2-3yr old.

Hi all,

I am just curious about impact of Processor speed in PC games. My question is

A core i7 processor with radeon HD 4830 system will match a core i3 processor with radeon HD 5450 system?

Can I play Assasins creed 4 in both machines?

You can play Assassin's Creed IV on the first system, the second system, no. UBISOFT is not known for optimising its games.

Nr Draka and alpha17,

Thanks for your informative inputs friends. I checked online and saw 4830 outperform 5450 in many areas. Amazed by it.

I'll am waiting for AE4 to come. Will let you know the results.

Archived