THE 'PS3 and PSP FIRMWARE' THREAD

THE DIRECTOR

3.15 NOW LIVE !!!

US

UK

i was abt to post da links...

anyways here r da new features added

Detailed yesterday morning, PS3 firmware 3.15 is now live, available for download from Network Update. It brings two major additions to the table, granting the ability to play PSP Minis on PS3 and also introducing a one-click data transfer solution that beams PSN content across a pair of PS3s connected via LAN. Due to certain regulations, we’re told that copy protected save game files will not transfer over, so keep that in mind.

The full changelog is after the jump.

* Bluetooth sync issues fixed

* Trophy syncing issue resolved

* PSP Minis now playable on the PS3 (starting December 17th all PSP minis will be playable on the PS3, for now you must go to your download list and re-download any previously purchased PSP minis for them to function on the PS3)

* XBM Icon Added – Minis Save Data Icon

* LAN Data Transfer Utility

1. Turn both the current PS3 (A) and new PS3 (:P on and connect them with a LAN cable; PS3 (A) should be connected to the TV. Please note, firmware (v3.15) must be installed on both systems.

2. On the XMB of PS3 (A), scroll to the Settings category and select [system Settings] and then [Data Transfer Utility]

3. Follow the instructions on-screen and transfer data

4. After transferring the data, follow the instructions on-screen, and then connect PS3 (:( to the TV to view the XMB

5. If content that was downloaded from PlayStation Store was transferred as part of this operation, you must activate PS3 (:chair: before you can use the data. Log in to the PS3 system as the user who owns the content, and then select (PlayStation Network) > (Account Management) > (System Activation) to activate the system.

^^ if i transfer data from one PS3 to another.. will the data remain on both the consoles or is it it like Cut & paste ?

and what is this PS3 activation.. can anyone explain ?

its cut n paste...

in account management thr's a option cald account deactivation..

i.e u can activate 1 acc in 5 ps3's oly..so u'll hv to deactivate da acc 4m wich u bot da games in ur 1st console n activate it again in da new console to use da copied data...

Anyone updated 3.15 .

Same question here too, anyone updated?? I've got it downloaded and ready but waiting for confirmation that it won't cause probs. Cos my PS3 doesn't have ANY warranty being non- PAL.

even i haven't updated it yet............ :(

Everyone is afraid :D

Cmon ppl, i already did my update d day it was released.... wts thr 2 be afraid of..... working awesome, no prob's till date..... :good:

GO AHEAD

• 3 weeks later...

Archived