Anita Sarkesian thread

The JACKAL

Well ,I heard about this radical feminist a few days ago as to how she was being bullied on twitter,4chan etc and sympathized with her since y'know I'm the kind who's all up for gender equality,same sex marriage rights and so on. I decided to watch some of her videos and I suddenly realised why she was getting all that overwhelming hate. Her videos were vicious , terribly mis informed to the point that anyone who has played the games that are a subject of her 'rants' would be so mad that they'd transform into hulk.

But that's not the disturbing part. Its the part where she gets endorsed by the game journalists, high profile devs. How is this possible?? Anyone can do a brief background check on her and you'll know she's a proven con artist who tells lies. She steals content from other users without giving them credit and she thinks very less of men , like men's lives aren't worth mentioning at all. She repeatedly throws around that victim card for any and every comment made by a troll I can't even believe that people actually take her seriously.

She herself confessed in one of her lectures that she doesn't play games and she isn't fond of them either and this femnazi is advising DICE on making mirrors edge 2??? Why??? How can people choose to be so blind??? This against common sense.

Anyway I just want to know what the rest of you think of this Anita sarkesian.

For those who haven't heard of her I suggest you go this atheist channel on youtube called 'thunderf00t' who has responded to her videos. That's the best place to start. Sorry for this rough OP, I'm typing this on a phone :'( .

good read from another perspective

Why I Feel Bad For - And Understand - The Angry #GamerGate Gamers

I was not always this shining paragon of perfect humanity whose infallible opinions you now read with religious awe. I was once a complete dick. And by once, I mean ‘earlier today.’ And yesterday. And stretching many days as far back as I can recall. In my past I have hurt people, sometimes intentionally. I have cheated on women and I have been with women who were cheating. I have stolen, and in amounts that probably would have gotten me into some real trouble. I have behaved like an absolute sh*t to people online. I think I do it less now - I try to do it less now - but I, like everybody else in the world, has a history of being a rotten person at one point or another.

For the last week I’ve been embroiled in this thing called #GamerGate, which Andrew Todd wrote about here. You should read it if you haven’t, as I won’t be doing much recapping here. Anyway, the last week or so of my life has been sort of hijacked by a lot of angry gamers - some of whom are misogynists and absolute monsters - yelling at me on Twitter. I fight back because I have my own self-destructive inability to back down from a fight, a tendency that has gotten my a*s kicked on more than one occasion. My ancestry gives me both the focused venom of Sicilians and the volcanic, easily provoked anger of the Irish, and that’s an awful combination (this combination also leads to me eating too many rich foods and drinking too much booze, but that’s a different matter).

Arguing with these people has been eye-opening. A lot of these kids - and they are, without a doubt, largely kids - are simply ignorant. They don’t understand the world, and that includes everything from how gaming websites work to how people interact as adult, sexual humans. Their confusion about this stuff leaves them susceptible to conspiracy theories trotted out by the truly evil members of the #GamerGate posse, people like Jordan Owens and Davis Aurini (whose evil isn’t limited to misogyny. He also makes racist videos).

Full article : badassdigest.com

To be frank I've not really paid any attention to this until the whole Zoe Quinn sh*t came up.

If you don't like her videos, don't pay attention to it. She's not harming anyone, no need for harassment.

^well said brother. Anyway I don't understand the level of abuse she gets. Criticism is great but some of those dicks are on a whole other planet of nastiness.

If people really hate her so much, they should just stop giving her any attention.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

She's a vile radical feminist and the worst thing to happen to this industry since jack Thompson.It is fair to say she is jack Thompson undergone a sex change except that most people blindly leap in her defense merely based on the fact that she's a woman without even doing a background check on her. As I already said, she is a proven liar and a con artist who has swindled people and stolen content and used it in her own vids without giving credit to their creators.

Would you be at ease knowing that someone as dangerous as jack thompson would be influencing your games in the future?? This isn't the same as some stupid news outlet like fox news reporting on games , this is a narrow minded feminist with her own selfish agenda as to how games should be and shouldn't be and now shes already advising the devs of mirrors edge 2.

She is every bit as and potentially dangerous as jack Thompson is exexpt that she is being blindly endorsed by game journalists,devs and movie directors (trojan horse much??).People who refute her bullshit get abused as sexists and misogynistic.

Its amazing isn't it?? How her videos don't allow comments and have ratings disabled. That's cus everyone called her out on her bullshit and people rarely had anything positive to say in her vids , then she moderated them allowing only those few comments which patronised her and eventually she couldn't be arsed about it and she disabled it totally.

Ofcourse Anita sarkesians bullshit may seem trivial to people now but in the long run it is very very harmful. Putting your head in the sand isn't a solution.

I really liked her initial videos. Have not seen after that. But the hate against her is unreasonable. If you don't like her videos, don't pay attention to it. She's not harming anyone, no need for harassment.

Her tropes vs women videos?? Are you really going to deny that everything she mentions in those vids aren't lies?? Have you played those games?? Even the gameplay she claims to be as her own has been tracked and found to be from the long plays YouTube channel.

Everyone gets abused on the internet everyday, nobody makes a big deal out of it. Spare me the grief about getting abused and bullied on the internet. Its so pathetic and pitiful. There are several high profile female gamers who get repeatedly attacked on twitter and YouTube . Do you see them cry?? Most certainly not.

Truth is Anita sarkesian invites these trolls. And that was pretty evident when she decided to post her bullshit on 4chan and baited everyone to abuse her.

Unfortunately some of the criticism leveled at her, while true, is drowned out by incredibly abusive and disgusting rants. Does not help level headed discussion in anyway.

Everyone gets abused on the internet everyday, nobody makes a big deal out of it. Spare me the grief about getting abused and bullied on the internet. Its so pathetic and pitiful. There are several high profile female gamers who get repeatedly attacked on twitter and YouTube . Do you see them cry?? Most certainly not.

And that makes it ok? Everyone isn't as emotionally strong as you are. I know I have an issue when I play online and sometimes I have to leave a game because I'm upset.

@jackal Well said bro.

She isnt harming anyone, as in physically. But the sh*t she spew annoys anyone, and you can't just ignore when some dog barks when you're sleeping. When she even don't play games she should shut up and do her job. She is misinforming to her audience, and that is a harm more worse than sexual harassment. Cause when you misinform a lot of ppl gets affected. Imagine when a normal guy who doesn't play games watch her videos and gets influenced by her view of games.

And this has become a fashion saying, when you don't like don't watch.

But we are talking about a public video here, its not a film or a game so that you ignore if you don't like. You can stop yourself from watching her videos, but you can't stop everyone from watching her videos. Some S grade stupid might find her videos very informative and turn against you when you say you love video games. Gamers already face lots of hate from general public(maybe not here, but in other countries it happens esp for kids). Now her videos add one more reason to hate games, even without playing games. We are living in a world where prejudice can't be tackeled with any amount of reason and logic.

Nothing she says in those videos is new or even false. She is just pointing out biases that implicitly we have accepted as part of video game culture. We accept it because we ourselves treat video games as just 'games' not an important artistic medium. God forbid, its not like movies or books or something.

Its pretty simple- games are trafficked by teenagers. And teenagers lack the exposure to overcome misogynist biases that society has bred into them. Our dysfunction find their way into the popular culture we consume.

Her attacks are directed more towards an industry that traffics in these ideas for cynical sales than gamers that are being taken advantage of.

Some S grade stupid might find her videos very informative and turn against you when you say you love video games. Gamers already face lots of hate from general public(maybe not here, but in other countries it happens esp for kids). Now her videos add one more reason to hate games, even without playing games. We are living in a world where prejudice can't be tackeled with any amount of reason and logic.

And could OP please not compare gamers to some targeted group like gays or gypsies in 30's Germany. Its kind of ridiculous...

also on the harassments online: They were not your simple illiterate "you suck" variety. Sarkeesian was told given her home address and told that the man would be coming to "rape her to death". An overreaction to a think piece video some would say.

edit: just read the previous post.

...that is a harm more worse than sexual harassment. Cause when you misinform a lot of ppl gets affected. Imagine when a normal guy who doesn't play games watch her videos and gets influenced by her view of games.

So yeah...I kind of wish I had not posted in this thread now.

also on the harassments online: They were not your simple illiterate "you suck" variety. Sarkeesian was told given her home address and told that the man would be coming to "rape her to death". An overreaction to a think piece video some would say.

edit: just read the previous post.

So yeah...I kind of wish I had not posted in this thread now.

That is pretty pathetic.

She's a vile radical feminist and the worst thing to happen to this industry since jack Thompson.

:doh:

Jack Thompson actually tried to use the law to hurt gaming. Sarkesian is just giving her opinion, and it's an opinion you're free to ignore.

The people harrassing her are morons. Do you think Jim Sterling got rape and death threats over his negative game reviews? Those were opinions as well, just like Sarkesian's, except she's a woman so she's an easy target,

It doesn't matter if she's a gamer. She doesn't need to play games to have an opinion. As for her stealing videos from other channels, there's legal recourse for it. But you can't threaten someone with rape or death just because they have an opinion.

Archived