No media playback capability for so called next gen console Ps4

Sony has not provided some of the best features of ps3 in ps4 i. e media playback and use of external drives to copy videos and music

I have heared rumor that eventually they are gonna do it but nothing is decided yet, same issue was with Xbox one but with new update they have provided the media app

Will sony full fill this request or not?

What's are your thoughts??

The thing is mate that why we don't have freedom to copy my videos and movies on ps4 using usb or other drive

You can copy shared videos from ps4 to usb but vice versa which is more important feature is not provide.. Lol.. I am already thinking to buy Xbox one after selling my one day old ps4... Lol

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

The thing is mate that why we don't have freedom to copy my videos and movies on ps4 using usb or other drive

You can copy shared videos from ps4 to usb but vice versa which is more important feature is not provide.. Lol.. I am already thinking to buy Xbox one after selling my one day old ps4... Lol

Yup. Sell it off on tp. Because that's why you got a PS4. To watch downloaded movies and not to play the games. You should buy a Xbone. Don't complain when you get 900p games compared to PS4 1080p gaming on Xbone though.

Did you buy the ps to watch movies

I agree with your points my friends but don't you think that feature would be very helpful? After all one is spending almost a month's salary on device, so at least it should support old ps3 features... That's my point of view as I am not into online gaming... Your point of view can be different

Sony was quite clear from the start.It is for the players.TBH,i dont miss this feature much as blu ray player is enough for me Though the themes are a big miss as i am bored of the blue color now which is now in 2.0.

Yup. Sell it off on tp. Because that's why you got a PS4. To watch downloaded movies and not to play the games. You should buy a Xbone. Don't complain when you get 900p games compared to PS4 1080p gaming on Xbone though.

Take a deep breath and calm down. Its a reasonable question. He didnt even say anything that bad about the PS4. :lol:

Take a deep breath and calm down. Its a reasonable question. He didnt even say anything that bad about the PS4. :lol:

Expected you or your kin to make an appearance. Not disappointed.

Inb4zodkalolz+1rep

Has XBone started to play video/music files from USB's?!?(it didn't as far as I know)

If yes then what is Sony waiting for

I think that got patched sometime in August. Source.

SONY is trying to figure out what made the PlayStation 4 so popular because if they do not, they are gonna have a bad time.

Has XBone started to play video/music files from USB's?!?(it didn't as far as I know)

If yes then what is Sony waiting for

http://news.xbox.com/2014/08/xbox-one-update-media-player-smartglass

Xbox provided this feature

Sony is not worrying because inspite of lots of demand of this feature ps4 is selling well, some gamers cancelled there pre order also due to lack of media support and dlna

Sony has to provide this feature, I know all you guys have blu ray players and other systems but not everyone in this world has dedicated systems for movies, why I will buy 2 systems when I can do everything in one like ps3

Everyone's point of view can be different, I have seen some people were on fire when I posted this post as they don't miss the feature, so don't be personal please

Archived