The Old Cricket Thread

vinitwins

WC T20  

44 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Great performance by Pune tonight and a good unbeaten 32 for Ganguly :). I don't think Deccan has any chance of qualifying anymore.

Edited by Avishkar

punjab :puspa: mumbai.... :clapping:

though there are very brisk chances of punjab making it to the play-offs but still i think they can..... GO KXIP...

I think- DD,DC,PWI have no chance of making it to the play-offs.

its now battle between MI,RCB,KKR,KTK,RCB,RR,KXIP....

Johannesburg, May 10 (PTI): "The guys (in the IPL) treat us like meat", says a South African dancer who was summarily sent home after exposing the antics of some of the players on a blog.

Gabriella Pasqualotto, 22, told the Afrikaans daily Beeld that she was put on the first flight home after being a cheerleader for the Mumbai Indians since last month, following complaints to league officials about her blogging.

Picking up her comments on Twitter, the website www.alternativecricket.com asked Pasqualotto to write a regular blog.

After just two entries, a fellow cheerleader tipped off an unnamed player, who in turn informed the organisers.

In the blog, which has since been removed, Pasqualotto wrote: "Old Graeme Smith will make eyes at anything - while his girlfriend is walking behind him."

Another entry read: "The Aussies are naughty. These cricketers are the most loose (men) I have ever encountered."

"I've still got to stay here a long time, so I have to keep by my list of hints: Beware of cricketers!" she said.

Crying foul from her parents' home in Pietermaritzburg today, Pasqualotto said the organisers would not even allow her to cash traveller's cheques or buy a phone card before bundling her onto a plane home.

Pasqualotto claimed that a number of other girls in the IPL had been "intimate" with cricketers and sponsors.

source: http://cricket.yahoo.com/cricket/news/article?id=item/2.0/-/story/cricket.yahoonews.com/guys-ipl-treat-us-like-meat-s-african-cheerleader-20110510/

why is she making such a big deal out of this? She clearly broke her contract by blogging about the players and naming people...

Moreover, what happens off the field really shouldn't concern anybody unless it is something like match fixing etc...

Gautam Gambhir will captain India's limited-overs squad in the West Indies with Suresh Raina as his deputy. Vinay Kumar, S Badrinath and Wriddhiman Saha have been drafted in. MS Dhoni, Sachin Tendulkar and Zaheer Khan have been rested while Sreesanth and Piyush Chawla are not part of the squad. Virender Sehwag has been ruled out of the limited-overs leg because of his shoulder injury, for which he is due to have surgery, while Ashish Nehra misses out due to a finger injury.

India play one Twenty20 and five ODIs against the hosts beginning with the Twenty20 game on June 4.

Squad: Gautam Gambhir (captain), Suresh Raina, Parthiv Patel (wk), Virat Kohli, Yuvraj Singh, S Badrinath, Rohit Sharma, Harbhajan Singh, R Ashwin, Praveen Kumar, Ishant Sharma, Munaf Patel, Vinay Kumar, Yusuf Pathan, Amit Mishra, Wriddhiman Saha (wk).

http://www.espncricinfo.com/west-indies-v-india-2011/content/current/story/514946.html

Damn Thot Rayudu would make it...He deserves an opportunity...

Good team...Except mishra they shud hv got rahul sharma

Mishra has been bowling very well...Rahul Sharma has bowled well in these ipl matches...His domestic performances suck...Has hardly picked any wickets...

• AtheK changed the title to The Old Cricket Thread
  • AtheK locked this topic