The Old Cricket Thread

vinitwins

WC T20  

44 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Then I guess what I have seen was not a doubt in third umpire's mind. And how exactly do you guys know that there is a doubt in Third Umpire, I know it can be clearly seen but third umpire don't declare that he was in doubt. If we and commentators have doubt then we assume Third Umpire have doubt too but he may be certain. Trott one was very difficult but perhaps he thought he was out.

Still a bad decision IMO.

Trott one was very difficult but perhaps he thought he was out.

Trott was clearly out. There was no difficulty :|

Bell one was doubtful and frankly, IMO he was out. His foot was in the air. Commentators were overrating the doubt in that one.

well i guess no point arguing this, anyway we are usually on the bad side of such decisions, good to see one go our side. Also people debating benefit given to bowler, one instance was in this very tournament itself, Eng vs NZ match, that ball looked no ball to everyone except third umpire, co clearly BOD was given to Broad. If that would have been given a no ball, probably eng would have got knocked out there itself.

There are people actually saying that. Want to blast them away with Shotgun :furious::raygun:

it was good fun seeing pakis on twitter all claiming it was fixed. they forget it was eng/india playing not pakistan :lol:

according to many SL/pakis whenevr india wins its fixed. :harhar:

in that case, we would be winning all test series, t20 & odi tournaments. bcci can certainly afford it

Bell one was doubtful and frankly, IMO he was out. His foot was in the air. Commentators were overrating the doubt in that one.

surprising they didnt show stump cam view on that. i think that would've been definitive angle & maybe thats the one the 3rd ump saw

Bopara dismissal was'nt a certain no ball...

The ball has to be over head height , when the batsman is in the crease..

Bopara hit the ball when it was 5 or 6 inches away from the crease , it could have well landed below his head...

Doesnt matter how high was bopara's ball. He touched it and hence it couldnt have been a no ball unless it was the second bouncer of the over. If not then it cant be a no ball.

you guys are mixing up no ball & wide. if bopara hadnt played it it would've been a wide coz it bounced way over his head when standing at crease. no ball is for above waist high full toss which that clearly wasnt.

again i still maintain however you dice it, it was a bad call to bowl ishant that over & dhoni is blessed. any other person & that would've been game over 999 times out of 1000

Edited by filmguy

what a match it was. huge props to all the players to keep calm in matches like these. :O i dont know how they do it. i was reading this synopsis today

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/cricket/23009560

and i was getting tense even though i knew what happened in the end :samui:

all the players contributed & there wasnt a single dead weight. :hi2:

the fielding was just brilliant, even in the last over broad hit a shot that was stopped superbly by mid-off fielder which if it had gone through would've been boundary. ashwin & raina's slip catching was esp. good. even ishant fielded pretty well.

look at luck/destiny/whatever you want to call it -- SRJ redeemed himself in the same country where he became butt of all jokes just few years back.

it was good fun seeing pakis on twitter all claiming it was fixed. they forget it was eng/india playing not pakistan :lol:

according to many SL/pakis whenevr india wins its fixed. :harhar:

in that case, we would be winning all test series, t20 & odi tournaments. bcci can certainly afford it

surprising they didnt show stump cam view on that. i think that would've been definitive angle & maybe thats the one the 3rd ump saw

you guys are mixing up no ball & wide. if bopara hadnt played it it would've been a wide coz it bounced way over his head when standing at crease. no ball is for above waist high full toss which that clearly wasnt.

again i still maintain however you dice it, it was a bad call to bowl ishant that over & dhoni is blessed. any other person & that would've been game over 999 times out of 1000

Thats what I am saying. Once he has touched the ball, it cant be a no ball as long as the bowler hasnt exceeeded the no of boucers allowed in the over.

Thats what I am saying. Once he has touched the ball, it cant be a no ball as long as the bowler hasnt exceeeded the no of boucers allowed in the over.

If its the third bouncer in the over, then it can be called a no ball even if the batsman has touched it in case it is above head height. It cannot be called a wide is what I think you mean.

17.4 Ishant to Bopara, out Caught by Ashwin!! Bopara was concerned about the height of this short delivery but the umpires reckon it is ok. Bopara pulled this straight into the hands of square leg. Another sharp catch by Ashwin. Ishant has turned this game on its head now. The Indian contingent goes berserk Bopara c Ashwin b Ishant 30(25) [6s-2]

Ishant to Bopara, THATS OUT!! Caught!!

Jos Buttler, right handed bat, comes to the crease

Looks like Bopara has been caught. There seems to be some doubt but he has to go.

17.3 Ishant to Eoin Morgan, out Caught by Ashwin!! Ishant strikes a crucial blow here. This was another good slower delivery from round the wicket. Morgan reached out to try and go over mid wicket. The bat turns in his hand as well and he ends up chipping it softly to mid wicket. England in a spot of bother once again. Eoin Morgan c Ashwin b Ishant 33(30) [4s-3 6s-1]

Ishant to Eoin Morgan, THATS OUT!! Caught!!

17.3 Ishant to Eoin Morgan, wide, Ishant switches to round the wicket but still keeps it too far outside off

17.3 Ishant to Eoin Morgan, wide, Ishant goes too far outside off now, the pressure is showing

17.2 Ishant to Eoin Morgan, SIX, easily done by Morgan. He is looking very comfortable. Banged in short by Ishant, Morgan hangs back and pulls it hard and flat over the backward square leg fence

17.1 Ishant to Eoin Morgan, no run, Ishant begins with a well disguised slower delivery. Morgan does not pick it. He throws his bat outside off and misses completely

Doesn't even seem like he bowled a single bouncer!

If its the third bouncer in the over, then it can be called a no ball even if the batsman has touched it in case it is above head height. It cannot be called a wide is what I think you mean.

Yup, thats what I mean. There wasnt any question of no ball on that delievery.

100% agreed, the moment he touched the ground his foot bent a little, by that time the bails were gone

• AtheK changed the title to The Old Cricket Thread
  • AtheK locked this topic