Counter-strike: Global Offensive (CS:GO)

Karooo

I did that fix, and now Steam is taking ages to update. Its been stuck at 30% for the past 15 minutes. :wallbash:

Fairly easy fix. Found it yesterday only.

1) Download TCPView

2) Run TCPView.exe

3) Whenever Steam gets stuck, Choose Steam from the list in the program. Right Click > Close Connection.

4) Repeat until update continues.

• Like 1

edit - well sh*t, that'll teach me for not refreshing the thread before posting :doh:

okay so it seems some people are having trouble updating steam. as in, it maybe gets to 25% or 30% and then gets stuck and you have no choice but to restart it.

from what i can tell, when this happens, something goes wrong with the tcp/ip connection that the steam process opens up and it kind of hangs or something, causing the update to freeze. the solution is to use a 3rd party tcp connection viewer like process explorer (http://technet.micro...s/bb896653.aspx) or tcpview (http://technet.micro...s/bb897437.aspx), which is easier.

just download the small file, extract it to a folder. start steam and wait for it to get stuck. then start tcpview.exe and it should show you a list of all your connections. browse to steam.exe in the list, right click on it and close connection. steam will instantly open up a new connection and it will continue to update after you have closed the old one. it's possible that the connection might get stuck again after a while, so just repeat this process until the update goes through and steam launches. it might sound complicated but it's the easiest thing in the world to fix.

Edited by spindoctor
  • Like 1

Well then, the bottomline is that it will install around 61% of the data from the disk and the rest will be downloaded. No matter what we do.

EDIT:@WingedReturn yes that is the case, saw your post late. :\

Edited by WhoCantBeNamed

Well then, the bottomline is that it will install around 61% of the data from the disk and the rest will be downloaded. No matter what we do.

pretty much. Received the DVD from FK, after a lul of "Steam.. updating.." it copied few files from disk and now it's downloading..

zd7pB.png

Finally managed to install and play the game. Having played console FPS for quite some time now, the shift to KBM is a little odd. But I'll manage.

Also, I never liked the classic game mode. Always prefer Deathmatch.

LMAO ... I was playing this on my friends PS3 and bodying online scrubs using Kb/mouse, so fking hilarious. Everyone online were using gamepad , their aiming was sooo slow :rofl:

Edited by Shadoken

Installed & ready!

Aw f**k man. Shame about the disc, I was hoping to pick it up tomorrow and be playing at the end of the day. Looks like I will be updating most of the weekend instead. :suicide:

That issue has been fixed in the latest Steam beta. But even after that you'd have to download 1.3GB.