Titanfall

ScrewyAurum

Platform of choice  

117 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Thanks!

Bummer for X360 users.

I really, REALLY hope the PC version is the X1 version. Dont gimp that one for us and you have a day 1 sale there Respawn/EA.

X360 version alone is being developed by some other studio..So PC might be same as XBOX ONE version.

(Titanfall is Respawn Entertainment's debut project that is set to be released on the Xbox One, PC, and Xbox 360 [1], with the 360 version being developed by a different studio..)

1080p-60FPS gameplay. This destroys destiny anyday.

I agree Destiny reveal was little dull. But the game will be good. I will quote all you haters and ROFL at your posts when the game reaches the heights of COD/HALO. Just waiting for the perfect moment :)

TitanFall is a Fast paced COD like experience. It isn't a MMO like Destiny. The scale of Destiny blows other MMO FPS games any day. People who love Boderlands/PlanetSide/Halo big team battle will love Destiny.

TBH I am more excited about TitanFall than Destiny. But I won't write off Destiny just yet.

Destiny instantly reminded me of BL2 and the fun I had in 4 player co-op. Destiny seems to take it one step further due to massive scale and the gritty atmsophere. However, absolutley no offline experience puts me off.

LOL at people who decide weather a game is good or not based on just Resolution :giggle: People are not crazy for games like BF3 and Witcher 2 just cause of graphics. There are 100 other reasons why people play these games. Graphics should be the last reason to love/hate a game.

BTW there are rumors that this game will come to PS4 as well. MS has secured exclusivity for just one year. This is part of Microsoft's 1 billion doller commitment on games.

This is what respawn's Lead artist said when asked if TitanFall will come to PS4:

We of course would want to go further in the future with stuff, but we're just starting out. It's pretty frustrating! We want to be everywhere. We want to put Titanfall everywhere, but that's where we're at. We're starting .

It comes down to quality, not quantity. We have a fantastic relationship with Microsoft. It just boiled down to, okay, how can we hit this as hard as we can and get it on as many platforms as possible and deliver the quality, the 60 hertz, out of the gate? That was the goal.

It's definitely not out of the question. We have a huge appreciation for the fans. Coming out and showing it to everybody, we're super nervous and wanted to make sure everybody loved it. We love all our fans, whatever console they support. So yeah. We want to make everybody happy, but this is where we're at right now

eurogamer

Money talks :)

^^ If you really think graphics are the last reason to play a game, then there are hundreds of INDIE titles having better gameplay than the most of the AAA garbage ( Press "A to Awesome") we get these days. Also, Titan Fall

gameplay looks solid (way better than that borefest destiny where that guy was trying too hard to make it enjoyable).

Plus, Titanfall is based on Source engine, so don't expect graphics on par with other games revealed.

^^ If you really think graphics are the last reason to play a game, then there are hundreds of INDIE titles having better gameplay than the most of the AAA garbage ( Press "A to Awesome") we get these days.

da faq? Of course I know indie games are awesome. How is that related to our discussion? :ko:

You said TF destroys Destiny cause it is 1080p. That is a stupid comment.

Plus, Titanfall is based on Source engine, so don't expect graphics on par with other games revealed.

:doh: Do you have problem in understanding what I said? Isn't it clear in my previous post that I don't give a sh*t about graphics? Doh!

Anyway end it here. Let's not spoil this thread with stupid game comparisions (you started it)

For new page, This is what respawn's Lead artist said when asked if TitanFall will come to PS4:

We of course would want to go further in the future with stuff, but we're just starting out. It's pretty frustrating! We want to be everywhere. We want to put Titanfall everywhere, but that's where we're at. We're starting .

It comes down to quality, not quantity. We have a fantastic relationship with Microsoft. It just boiled down to, okay, how can we hit this as hard as we can and get it on as many platforms as possible and deliver the quality, the 60 hertz, out of the gate? That was the goal.

It's definitely not out of the question. We have a huge appreciation for the fans. Coming out and showing it to everybody, we're super nervous and wanted to make sure everybody loved it. We love all our fans, whatever console they support. So yeah. We want to make everybody happy, but this is where we're at right now

eurogamer

:doh: Dude by "this destroys destiny" I meant Titan fall destroys destiny based on what was shown on E3. After watching that in absolute glory, looked incredible to me, so I said that. And that 1080p-60 FPS gameplay was used as a headline for downloading the gameplay from that site. Lots of confusion there ( I should have framed the sentence in a better way, though). :P

Titanfall: Respawn's 'second skin' - Polygon. Good article.

Important parts

When asked plainly if Titanfall would require a persistent online connection, Zampella responded that "Titanfall is a multiplayer-focused game. So, to play a multiplayer-focused game, you need to be online."

"It's a battle of small scale versus large scale, a battle of pilots against pilots against Titans" says Fukuda. But it's the appearance of a short introductory cinematic and a post-mission epilogue, the latter doubling as an extended mission itself, that Fukuda says blurs the line between how multiplayer is traditionally structured and the structure of single-player campaigns.

"We were kind of interested in Source early on because it’s very familiar to our designers," said Richard Baker, a software engineer at Respawn who previously worked on Call of Duty 2, Modern Warfare and Modern Warfare 2. Source also suited Respawn’s desire to hit a constant 60 frames per second on both the Xbox 360 and the PS3, where other third-party engines weren’t up to the task. "The ironic thing is that we wanted an engine that would work on PS3, because that’s the riskiest platform in current gen. When Portal 2 came out and it seemed to be a pretty decent PS3 game, that was the point when we decided to go with Source. And then we stopped supporting PS3."

McCoy emphasized that Respawn is focusing on player experience over the higher player counts that typify server-based multiplayer shooters on the PC. "We haven’t finalized player count yet. It’s not a technical question for us — we’ve tested dozens and dozens of players — it’s more of a creative and game design question. So I think what we showed on Microsoft’s stage was 7 on 7, but it really comes down to how many titans can be in play at once, how many AI, what the level is like, and what the mission is. It’s something that we change on a weekly basis and playtest a lot. Our goal first and foremost is to make a fun game"

titanfall1.gif?w=600&h=400

Archived