Assassin's Creed: Unity

SRINI87

Yup, that's what I'm thinking. Edward Kenway again since both AC4 and Unity are set in the 18th century.

Edward's story is very early 18th century, while the Revolution is very late 18th century. The ancestor alive at this time would be Connor Kenway :suicide: They could come up with something new though.

I want an AC game which is based in Asia. Japan or China or colonial India :(

India would be an ideal setting, at around the initial stages of British invasion.. Temples, forests, rock castles, hills, paddy fields and lots of nice setting. Elephants also :D

I think its hard to make it in japanese or chinese since they wouldnt speak english. and they didnt have english invasion like india.

I think its hard to make it in japanese or chinese since they wouldnt speak english. and they didnt have english invasion like india.

Probably the Italians and French wouldn't speak English too. The Animus is supposed to translate most languages into Modern English for the benefit of the player.

India would be an ideal setting, at around the initial stages of British invasion.. Temples, forests, rock castles, hills, paddy fields and lots of nice setting. Elephants also :D

This

Probably the Italians and French wouldn't speak English too. The Animus is supposed to translate most languages into Modern English for the benefit of the player.

:P :P

French are invaded by english men and they do speak good english form like 15th century(joan of arc period).. I guess Italy also had ties with england since long. Obviously not everyone can speak english but reputed families like ezio's speaking english wouldnt be far off.

Yeah animus translation sounds like a good reason. even so japanese translation to english is often not so good, as in almost all anime dubs suck :P

I want an AC game which is based in Asia. Japan or China or colonial India :(

+1 They have been ignoring South and East Asia for way too long. It would be a welcome change of scenery.

:doh: Animus has been translating ever since AC1. Lucy even explains this. Language isn't a barrier here.

• Like 1

You know when there are nearly 6 AC games and none of them are set in Asia. Its clear they have a problem with the setting. Perhaps they feel if AC is set in Asia it might not sell/appeal to the west?

I mean most games are set in the US/EU cities , and fantasy games are again just medieval europe setting.

Yeah animus translation sounds like a good reason. even so japanese translation to english is often not so good, as in almost all anime dubs suck :P

They would write everything in English / French initially and put on faux accents. For the local audience, localisation would be done by the studio.

You know when there are nearly 6 AC games and none of them are set in Asia. Its clear they have a problem with the setting. Perhaps they feel if AC is set in Asia it might not sell/appeal to the west?

I mean most games are set in the US/EU cities , and fantasy games are again just medieval europe setting.

Very relevant. Maybe Animus can shed some light on this.