Risen 2

Karooo

Quest guides don't noobify a game - du-uh. It helps track multiple quests esp over large maps. You don't need quest guides for action rpgs like demons souls and diablo - which is pretty linear. But for open world rpgs quest guides are a must.

google translated polish website - http://translate.google.com/translate?js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&sl=pl&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.gram.pl%2Fnews_8QTkGum4_Risen_2_Dark_Waters_pierwsze_informacje_ujawnione.html&act=url

the details it mentions...

Risen is completed in more than 80 percent

1. We will steer the same, nameless hero as the first part
  2. The protagonist now lives in a small harbor called Port Caldera
  3. The game world consists of several islands
  4. The story is more complex, made choices have different consequences
  5. There will be old friends, like Carlos and Gregorius Steelbeard.
  6. Risenowi two closer to the story about pirates
  7. We will be able to travel around the islands by ship (it is not known whether it will be our property)
  8. At sea, they live different sea monsters that attack ships
  9. It will feature high-speed travel between the islands
  10. The islands are characterized by different climate, different type of sites and monsters
  11. There will be guns
  12. The magic remains
  13. The same tree growth, which in Risenie
  14. Feel more realistic than in Risenie (some boxes are empty, with each transmission has to involve some history)
  15. The world will be greater than the first
  16. Secondary tasks are more complex than in Risenie
  17. The characters are animated motion capture technique
  18. Models of NPC and monsters will be characterized by greater detail (including more realistic faces)
  19. Bump mapping, cloud generated in real time (Risenie used skybox )
  20. There will be loadingów the islands and invisible walls, only a short load times when changing locations
  21. NPC will talk amongst themselves
  22. Day of each NPC will be routine, as in Risenie
  23. At night, there will be other monsters than in the day, as in Risenie
  24. Meet gnomes, minecrawlery, and a completely new types of enemies, as well as normal animals (eg monkeys and wild boar)
  25. The game will also be released on PS3, not just the Xbox 360 and PC, the Prime Minister later this year

can't be bothered to clean that up :|

no no no please don't noobify the game with stuff like quest guides. leave that to companies like bioware.

+ f**king 1. The best thing about Risen was that it made you figure out everything by yourself. Sure anyone coming from a Bioware or Bethesda RPG would give up on it in the first hour but it really made Risen stand apart from the rest of the fantasy RPG crowd. The difficult was just right and it wasn't just about mindlessly slaying enemies for XP and going from point A to B and fetching items. I really hope Risen 2 maintains that.

@Joy, agreed! However almost every year is great for RPG fans. But it's a shame that most folks don't look beyond the Biowares and Bethesdas.

Yay :happydance: , graphics looks hell of a lot better than first one.

Its good to RPG gamer in 2011. :dance:

i thought the graphics of risen were fantastic as it is. how much better can one ask for than this?

risen2011010712220388.png

the screens they've released for risen 2 honestly look like artwork to me, but if they are in game, i'm not convinced they are better. they seem kind of less realistic.

you're right though, 2011 is a good time for rpg gamers. so many nice games to pick from, if only i could afford them all :(

+ f**king 1. The best thing about Risen was that it made you figure out everything by yourself. Sure anyone coming from a Bioware or Bethesda RPG would give up on it in the first hour but it really made Risen stand apart from the rest of the fantasy RPG crowd. The difficult was just right and it wasn't just about mindlessly slaying enemies for XP and going from point A to B and fetching items. I really hope Risen 2 maintains that.

@Joy, agreed! However almost every year is great for RPG fans. But it's a shame that most folks don't look beyond the Biowares and Bethesdas.

yep, the exploration of the island was one of the best things about the game. they packed it full of content too, so every single area had something interesting going on. i really hope they keep it like that and don't resort to hand holding.

as for looking beyond bioware/bethesda, i just picked up drakensang river of time from steam. have you tried that yet? haven't had a chance to play it at all, but i did load it up and it looks absolutely gorgeous. it's also holding a very decent 84 metacritic rating. and it's a budget priced title too. check it out if you get a chance.

Awesome! Saw you playing River Of Time on Steam the other day. I sorta liked the first one... it was pretty tough but rough around the edges. Never actually ended up finishing it. But if the sequel is an improvement over it then I'm game!

Archived