Uncharted 3- Drakes Deception - Fragfests

TAZ

Okay i will put my write up on LAG in comparison with P2P and dedicated servers, and then you will get your answer to the above question. But first, here is about that article thingy i was stressing about before, do read this and then weigh the positives and negatives and as to why companies want everyone to be in the dark.

Q. Why Companies propagate that Dedicated servers won’t solve LAG in Online gaming?

So Firstly, imagine owning a business, and you get X amount of revenue for your Y amount of investment, profit is (Y-X). In here, it is essential to understand that in business least amount of investment yielding maximum amount of profits is the Ideal business Formulae. Now dedicated servers in different parts of the world, means that the amount of investment goes up, as dedicated servers need money to be implemented + maintained, in return of this they don’t get any increased profits, rather the profit margin in decreased.

Secondly, once you have dedicated servers, you cannot pull them down after a year or so, they have to be kept online and maintained for the rest of the game’s life, which in turn means more investment with lesser revenue as the game gets OLD.

Thirdly, it costs far less to pay stupid A$$holes to post articles supporting P2P matchmaking and then propagating the same via internet, than to invest in having dedicated servers, and as a byproduct to it you create a free ARMY of people who will cite articles in support of P2P( just like the case of LCD's and LED's) without looking and weighing what is being said by the other side, this is how these companies save money.

Now i ask you, did you weigh the other side of the picture with a free and clear mind? I distinctly remember rerading that article posted by Dilli and disagreeing with it, and everyone was up and arms about it including Dilli, not everything you read is true, there is a lot of things happening underneath it that needs to be understood as well.

I will try to put it across the best I can with pictures and all, and i hope you can see why dedicated server are better.

Saint tbh i think its something to do with punjab connections due to fog... cos today i also faced the same amount of lag u did... so it might be our ISP :threatenlumber:

cos my net is running like it did 10 years back with 128kbps connections and i called airtel and they said its the connection problems cos of fog which make the wires heavy....

I hope he aint trolling me..

U2 we were all n00bs to ever realize that lag gave people an advantage sometimes. Now we know the advantage bit.

We're not talking matchmaking, we're talking lag. How can ANYONE see the lag in BF/MW3. All guns are near one shot kills and everyone dies in less than a second. I highly doubt anyone would understand such lag even if they faced it everyday.

"Oh he killed me in .4 seconds. Damn he' a good player, nice headshots n such.."

"Damn he killed me in .3 seconds wow you f**ckin lagger troll troll troll"

That's probably a fair point, but I can clearly make out when I'm facing laggy games in MW3 (very very easily).

BF3 on the other hand, almost never seems unfair.

That's probably a fair point, but I can clearly make out when I'm facing laggy games in MW3 (very very easily).

BF3 on the other hand, almost never seems unfair.

Ohh boy .. the mother of all lagging games :lol:

Damn ... This LAG ... today after a loong time i was playing the AC Brotherhood, and there it was THE LAG. Experienced it for the first time in AC:B .... ridiculous things happening ... I am trying to kill someone and they disappear, I am standing alone and Boom ... my assassin spawns right next to me and i am dead .... People are running ...but still standing still .. you go there and kill them ..

SO i guess this LAG is Omnipresent .... you just have to learn to cope with it ...

WAOOOWWW the custom games were amazing!!!! and it had the UC2 feel as we were playing on flashback maps..... and more over no lag.... :exoticdance:

We won both the plunder games and the Team deathmatch :harhar::tongue: .. cos after that kwik left and our team was handicapped and i came here to update the forum...

NEW, PRAJU & JANGO CAN'T BEAR THE LOSS THAT THEY FACED, SO THEY WANTED TO WIN ATLAEST 1 GAME :tongue:

Those were some of the best matches in a long LONG time. Super competitive super fun, lag and all included. We actually had a lot of fun in FFA's post that too but then Django left and we all became sad pandas. :cry:

Taz next time we will go black. This time our decision of 'fair teams' was pretty evident on where it could go wrong.

M saving these matches for good times sake. I always wished we had something like this for U2, at least can do that now in U3.

where the plunder custom games played in hardcore setting....there were instances were people just refused to die.i had some trouble wit my connection maybe that is the reason...it kept stopping every 30 sec and i couldn't move for 2 to 3 secs.on one instance i meleed a guy twice after firing some bullets into him and still he didn't go down. i hope it is better tomorrow...sorry guys if you had issues with my connection today.

gMAL is now really good at close range aswell due to high stopping power..this should not be the case....gmal gives you the advantage of staying away from the action and pick and kill people who are not even aware of your presence...gmal sould not be to able to compete wit m9 or fal at close range ...if somebody manages to surprises a gmal user from nowhere and stats blinding ..then he should have 90 % chance of getting the kill ...the only option for gmal user should be switching to side arm or roll and drop grenade.but now gmal user can just stop the guy from moving forward even an inch with just one burst..this is totally wrong

Also i felt the nerf done to fal-ss...i didn't have many instant death against that gun..but gmal on other hand :threatenlumber:

lost city was such a pain to play in...you just go and bump into walls time and time again...no open areas to sprint properly....sanctuary felt like a totally different map...fort and cave are really gr8...for me better than uc2...fort is r8 up there with facility,desert village,airstrip and London underground as my favorite maps.

still temple,village,plaza and trainwreck to come....the 4 best maps in uc2 for me.

WAOOOWWW the custom games were amazing!!!! and it had the UC2 feel as we were playing on flashback maps..... and more over no lag.... :exoticdance:

We won both the plunder games and the Team deathmatch :harhar::tongue: .. cos after that kwik left and our team was handicapped and i came here to update the forum...

NEW, PRAJU & JANGO CAN'T BEAR THE LOSS THAT THEY FACED, SO THEY WANTED TO WIN ATLAEST 1 GAME :tongue:

:majesty: to your reasoning.. u people are such good players, see your ranking and legacy :rofl:

and then newu awesome reply "tu punjab ka hai aur main delhi ka, isliye haar gaye ham" :giggle:

Yeah i too was in one of the plunder games, i think the first one, which we won 3-1 .... It was super fun :thumbsup: ... though i was having some lag... but still fun ....

It was really nice to get bak to old uc2 feel .... For the initiators who were not part of the UC2 mayhem earlier, this is how we used to play for almost TWO years and thats why some of us hated UC3 initially. Coz this fun was MISSING big time /....

I would be back for more ... Can do late nights due to work commitments, and have to wait till 1145 due to stupid Saas bahu serials ... :wallbash:

Guys i think the teams were balanced and It should be continued in the same manner... you guys killed us like headless chickens cos we were only running for treasure and in ur team the difference was NEWU :tongue: cos of his "Yaar ab mere ko treasure uthana padega ??? " had he been picking up the treasure more often u guys would have won it easily...

I think i got max 14-15 kills and had 30 odds deaths in both the games....

TBH this doesn't really matter cos i wanted to beat you guys and we did... So thats just happiness coming out cos u 3 are amongst the top 5 in IVG...

So i guess its such a big achievement for US..

SO PLEASE NO TEAM CHANGE... PLEASE ???

Archived