Steam deals

Aftrunner

246 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I got the in-home streaming invite, so want to check it out. I intend to play games on a laptop with a controller (is that supported?). The actual graphics processing should happen on the desktop. Both are on the same WiFi.

Will be using TV as output of laptop, but I don't think that will make a difference to how it gets done.

480p streaming option added.

In-Home Streaming

Added capture resolution and FPS to the beta overlay message

Fixed crash at startup streaming to Surface Pro with old video drivers

Added a super low resolution 480p streaming option

Da, tovarishj.

WHAT?? I thought this was over LAN...

Edit, apparently it is NOT over the internet but LAN only (as of now).

Valve is keen to stress that this isn't like services such as OnLive and the like -- you're in full control of the hardware on both ends of the equation, and it's designed only for streaming between devices on the same network, not over the Internet.

Source

Edited by piper

Does anyone know how to make the Playfire rewards thing work? I have no idea how it decides when to add credit to my account and for what reason. When I try and get it by installing their client or playing a game and getting the first achievement, it doesn't work but at other times, it randomly increases the credit amount. At one point, it bypassed the Playfire credit figure and went straight into GMG credit. Definitely a beta.

You can check here to see for which game/achievement you got credit for: https://www.playfire.com/a/rewards

Playfire credit is added within few hours after you unlock an achievement. GMG credit takes some time. Once got in 5 hours. Next time got after 2 days.

Also, no need to install the client. Just link your Steam account on playfire site.

__

EDIT:

Good Humble Bundle this week:

For 1$:

Sid Meier's Civilization III Complete

Sid Meier's Civilization IV Complete

Sid Meier's Ace Patrol

Sid Meier's Ace Patrol Pacific Skies

Sid Meier's Railroads!

For 5.74$:

Sid Meier's Civilization V

Sid Meier's Civilization V God & Kings DLC

For 15$:

Sid Meier's Civilizacion V Brave New World

https://www.humblebundle.com/

Edited by Heaven Angel

You can check here to see for which game/achievement you got credit for: https://www.playfire.com/a/rewards

Playfire credit is added within few hours after you unlock an achievement. GMG credit takes some time. Once got in 5 hours. Next time got after 2 days.

Also, no need to install the client. Just link your Steam account on playfire site.

__

EDIT:

Good Humble Bundle this week:

For 1$:

Sid Meier's Civilization III Complete

Sid Meier's Civilization IV Complete

Sid Meier's Ace Patrol

Sid Meier's Ace Patrol Pacific Skies

Sid Meier's Railroads!

For 5.74$:

Sid Meier's Civilization V

Sid Meier's Civilization V God & Kings DLC

For 15$:

Sid Meier's Civilizacion V Brave New World

https://www.humblebundle.com/

so playfire is very much like raptr ?

Installing the client is supposed to get you 50p. Which in my case it didn't. Played a new game today and got an eligible achievement. It didn't register on the rewards page. Meanwhile I had $8.3 in my GMG balance from rewards and 50p in my Playfire balance yesterday. Today I still have 50p in the Playfire balance (from signing up for the newsletter) but my GMG balance went up to $9.12. So it's definitely 50p which has been added, but it's not from the newsletter and it's not from running the client and there's no record of where it's coming from. This thing is definitely not working properly yet.

Installing the client is supposed to get you 50p. Which in my case it didn't. Played a new game today and got an eligible achievement. It didn't register on the rewards page. Meanwhile I had $8.3 in my GMG balance from rewards and 50p in my Playfire balance yesterday. Today I still have 50p in the Playfire balance (from signing up for the newsletter) but my GMG balance went up to $9.12. So it's definitely 50p which has been added, but it's not from the newsletter and it's not from running the client and there's no record of where it's coming from. This thing is definitely not working properly yet.

BETA version, give feedback to the deveoper

Working fine.

(should be working for you now..just checked timestamp). =P

_

The first wave of participants has been invited to the Steam Music Beta!

What file types does the Steam Music player support?

Steam supports MP3s at this point in time, with support for more file types on the way.

How can I join the Steam Music Beta?

The beta is invite-only at this time, and requesting an invite on the forums will do you no good. Instead, to express interest in beta participation, simply join the Steam Music group. A random selection of group members will receive email invites in waves, until the feature is released to everyone.

I’m in the beta! How do I add my music collection to my Steam library?

First, be sure you’re opted into the Steam Client Beta (via Settings) and using SteamOS or Big Picture mode. Then, you can point Steam to your collection of MP3 files on a local hard drive. This is done either through Music Settings or the “+” button in Steam’s “Recently Played” view.

I’m running SteamOS. How do I get my music collection onto my Steam machine?

You can either attach an external drive containing your collection of MP3s, or visit the SteamOS desktop and transfer files from the source of your choice to your hard drive there. Once available as local MP3s, SteamOS will detect these files when you point Steam to their location on disk.

Does Steam Music work with In-Home Streaming?

When connecting to a remote computer to play, you can also stream its music files via the Steam Overlay.

Hey, where is the desktop user interface?

On its way!

Where is that one feature I really care about?

Unless you’re simply a big fan of the “Play” button, you may not find your favorite music feature exists here just yet. This beta is being conducted in large part to gather your feedback and respond with additional feature investments as they make sense. Hoping to route your music through your Steam controller’s haptic pistons like a freaky kazoo? Let us know in the discussions.

Will music be sold on Steam?

Steam currently offers a number of game soundtracks for sale. Your feedback will help guide where we take things next.

What features can we expect to be added to Steam Music?

Head to the forums, and join the conversation. Again, your feedback will inform what becomes of Steam Music.

__

That's weird. Sorry, have no idea.

Good bundle.

http://www.indiegala.com/

1$ for

Cubicity (desura)

Interstellar Marines

Rush Bros

For the first 12 Hours Pay $3.99 or more ( instead of $5.99 or more ) to unlock :

Best Boxing Turbo

Sang Froid Tales of Werevolves

Interstellar MArines SPEARHEAD: ( includes 1 key to gift to friends! )

PixelJunk Shooter

Steam game unlocks later

Steam game unlocks later

Steam game unlocks later

__

Free PID Steam keys.

http://giveaways.bundlestars.com/

Edited by Heaven Angel