Official Wii-U Thread

@playstation i am also ordering the same 199 pound bundle but in its page at top it mentions mk8 and super mario 3d world however below in description it mentions mk8 and super Mario bros, so which is correct?

Those buying PAL WIi U..you might want to take a look at this article..I don't know it'll matter to you guys or not..

http://www.vg247.com/2012/12/05/wii-u-pal-backwards-compatibility-doesnt-upscale-to-hd/

I don't know if it has been patched now or not...the article is little old..anyone with PAL Wii U can confirm...

@playstation i am also ordering the same 199 pound bundle but in its page at top it mentions mk8 and super mario 3d world however below in description it mentions mk8 and super Mario bros, so which is correct?

Even when you order it clearly says 3d world and Mk8(the order details)....so dont worry .

If they screw up ...Amazon will refund hopefully.

MK8 was going for $35 this morning while I was asleep :(

The GC adapter for Wii U has an MRP of $20, and this is what it is going for

http://www.amazon.com/Super-Smash-GameCube-Adapter-Wii-U/dp/B00L3LQ1FI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1417281563&sr=8-1&keywords=wii+u+gc+adapter

:rofl:

Yea heard they stopped that as well.

Those buying PAL WIi U..you might want to take a look at this article..I don't know it'll matter to you guys or not..

http://www.vg247.com/2012/12/05/wii-u-pal-backwards-compatibility-doesnt-upscale-to-hd/

I don't know if it has been patched now or not...the article is little old..anyone with PAL Wii U can confirm...

Ah....everyday i pray that it gets shipped earlier ..i get more and more such news which tell me i should just cancel it.

Not much wii games i have in my mind to play though...

PS bhai, cancel mat kariyo. Nintendo pehli baar IVG pe itna popular ho raha hai, itna log ek saath Wii U khareed raha hai.

nahi bro...just that dimag jala deta hai yeh Nintendo apna attitude se.

This will be my first ever official Nintendo console purchase...I did owned gameboy though in early 90s iirc.

Even when you order it clearly says 3d world and Mk8(the order details)....so dont worry .

If they screw up ...Amazon will refund hopefully.

Yea heard they stopped that as well.

Ah....everyday i pray that it gets shipped earlier ..i get more and more such news which tell me i should just cancel it.

Not much wii games i have in my mind to play though...

Wii U games won't have any problems..its only the Wii and Virtual Console games which will have problem..Problem only for PAL users and not NTSC. Wii U library isn't that big as of yet so those who haven't played Wii games tend to buy those and come across this

I'll show you an example of a Virtual Console game running at 50 Hz (PAL) and 60 HZ (NTSC)

This problem still exists because back in those days games were developed separately respective of the country and they stuck to those standards..And Nintendo just dumped those games as it is with no explanation as to why it is so...

Don't take me in a wrong manner...i'm not advising you to cancel your order or anything..Just making you aware of things that they are..

Wii U games won't have any problems..its only the Wii and Virtual Console games which will have problem..Problem only for PAL users and not NTSC. Wii U library isn't that big as of yet so those who haven't played Wii games tend to buy those and come across this

I'll show you an example of a Virtual Console game running at 50 Hz (PAL) and 60 HZ (NTSC)

This problem still exists because back in those days games were developed separately respective of the country and they stuck to those standards..And Nintendo just dumped those games as it is with no explanation as to why it is so...

Don't take me in a wrong manner...i'm not advising you to cancel your order or anything..Just making you aware of things that they are..

arey ....I appreciate all that info. It is good to know about it so that i know what i am getting into.

Problem is I don't mind cancelling it right now and go for ntsc but then i think about it....how will i get ntsc u/c at around same price i am paying now with so much stuff included as well .... Amazon USA does not ship directly...My relatives in USA come once in many years....My cousin is not visiting USA too it seems.....sab ghuma phirake Pal Wii u hi mera paas ek option bach jata hai.

Anyways ..hope amazon uk just ship it asap...if i dont buy wii u now..it might never happen again. Nintendo consoles have been eluding me since childhood.

Wow so they have a petition for that? Man that is such a basic thing. Nintendo is so behind times its not even funny.

This problem existed in PS2 and Xbox as well...only in later years of those consoles it got sorted..

arey ....I appreciate all that info. It is good to know about it so that i know what i am getting into.

Problem is I don't mind cancelling it right now and go for ntsc but then i think about it....how will i get ntsc u/c at around same price i am paying now with so much stuff included as well .... Amazon USA does not ship directly...My relatives in USA come once in many years....My cousin is not visiting USA too it seems.....sab ghuma phirake Pal Wii u hi mera paas ek option bach jata hai.

Anyways ..hope amazon uk just ship it asap...if i dont buy wii u now..it might never happen again. Nintendo consoles have been eluding me since childhood.

Ya if you don't have anyone coming down from US..then there is no way you can get it at that price..I had both NES and SNES back in my childhood so wanna relive those days..playing those VCON games...

I haven't seen how big the tablet actually is, but I feel that it may not be convenient to play with for more than 2-3 hours straight.

Also, how long does the battery last? Nintendo sells a spare 2550mAh battery pack for ~$30 on its store, but I didn't get it in my last order, and probably won't be able to get it anytime soon(as f**kers charge $5 for shipping per order, so will only order multiple items from their store whenever I'm ordering). Can the battery be recharged using a standard USB port?

Its quite comfortable actually, more so than PS3 controller because there's plenty of space to stretch your fingers. The battery lasts for 4-5 hours, but I have the charging cradle that comes with deluxe version, so I just keep it on that instead of just throwing it on the table.

This problem existed in PS2 and Xbox as well...only in later years of those consoles it got sorted..

Ya if you don't have anyone coming down from US..then there is no way you can get it at that price..I had both NES and SNES back in my childhood so wanna relive those days..playing those VCON games...

Me too want to go back to my childhood games...except for few games on PS4 nothing much now to look forward to anything .

Get a wii u guys. Played super mario 3dworld with my bro last night, so much fun :majesty:

hmm...

guys,

is it possible that ...say if i am playing mario kart and someone else join me...instead of splitting the screen ...i can play in the gamepad screen and the other person plays it on television without seeing the split screen??

Check this..

http://techforums.nintendo.com/thread/33534

It isn't possible..

sala yeh bhi possible nahi hai.......I just hope it is possible to play Pal games brought from Germany/Australia and all to play on this UK console.

Anyways dude...thanks again for the info.

Ya, any PAL region games will work on it...need not worry...And the query that you were asking..i think its possible for Black Ops II..Just saw this link..

http://www.gamefaqs.com/wii-u/683297-call-of-duty-black-ops-ii/answers/341698-how-to-put-split-screen-with-one-player-on-gamepad-screen

Cancel kar do order :giggle:

Get a kickass graphics card instead. GTX 970 for example.

Ambar...mera ko ab mera bachpan wapas chahiya...iss console se thoda bohat milega.

Ya, any PAL region games will work on it...need not worry...And the query that you were asking..i think its possible for Black Ops II..Just saw this link..

http://www.gamefaqs.com/wii-u/683297-call-of-duty-black-ops-ii/answers/341698-how-to-put-split-screen-with-one-player-on-gamepad-screen

kitna rep lega yaar. :P

thanks.

Archived