Movie Discussion Thread

HundredProofSam

I bet money this one will be as MASSIVELY overrated as SotD or HF or anything else Simon Pegg has ever done.

faceslide5734649p9uj4.gif

:rofl: I giggle like a little girl every time you post this.

@JoeCool - thanks for the Man Of Steel music. Jesus. The music is so epic I have to pause it take a breath.

I'm surprised nobody posted this yet.

LOL @ the end. I hope people recognize it :lol:

:rofl: I giggle like a little girl every time you post this.

@JoeCool - thanks for the Man Of Steel music. Jesus. The music is so epic I have to pause it take a breath.

I'm surprised nobody posted this yet.

LOL @ the end. I hope people recognize it :lol:

haha..the end...trademark of the trilogy :-D

Chris Hemsworth and Scarlett Johansson May NOT Return for "The Avengers 2" :mellow:

We just reported that Robert Downey Jr is in talks with Marvel to return for "The Avengers 2" and "The Avengers 3." But the actor isn't even discussing "Iron Man 4," and we may now know why.

Downey earned somewhere between $50 million and $80 million on "The Avengers," and has already earned over $35 million for his work on "Iron Man 3," but his "The Avengers" co-stars aren't making anything close to that. In fact, most of the actors are being paid around $200,000, far less than they would earn on any other movie.

Chris Evans and Chris Hemsworth received only a $500,000 pay increase for returning for the "Captain America" and "Thor" sequels. And unlike Downey, the actors will earn only $500,000 more if their movies break the $500 million mark at the box office.

Despite having a contract, Hemsworth considered backing out of "Thor 2," because he earned $5 million working on "Snow White and the Huntsman" and Marvel isn't offering anywhere near that, despite the fact that "Thor" and "The Avengers" are massive franchises. Scarlett Johansson is also fed up and isn't willing to take a pay-cut to return for "The Avengers 2."

Marvel is known for low salaries and replacing any actor who doesn't accept the company's way of doing business. In fact, the studio has already threatened to replace Hemsworth. But Marvel doesn't want to replace Downey at this point and it seems that the actor is using that leverage to fight for his co-stars by threatening not to return for "Iron Man 4" and possibly any other Marvel film unless they all get appropriate pay raises.

Will be VERY bad if they replace Thor, Captain America and Scarlett Johansson.. FFS PAY THEM!!! :wallbash:

(making billion almost? and still paying less than ~1M is bad.. Hemsworth got $5M from turd movie "Snow White"..)

go home watson you're drunk

but seriously super excited for it!!!

^^ did u mean the sotd reference?as in the fence break?

Yes the fence break. It's in all 3 movies (and even the trailers for all 3 movies)

Sad news this. Its not that they are better and only actors but they only did 1 movie and people are starting to recognize them. At least let them have few movies before changing.

And yeah 200k is very less especially considering its one the most money earning movie of all time (in 3rd position I guess?) I thought actors made fortune with one. Greedy marvel.

Actors in big movies should charge according to the profits earned by the movie.

I really dont care about Marvel movies now. They killed Iron Man franchise already with IM3. And Avengers doesn't have that much great stories from what I saw in animated series. Galactus they have already shown. Maybe they will focus on green hulk. Or that guy they showed at the end in Avengers 1. Still not much thrilled.

What I am excited about is Man of Steel and the rumor that Justice League will be referenced in that and movie will launch the DC Universe. :wOOtjumpy:

Oh please you care about story,

I didn't mean story in OMG this shouldn't have plot holes kind of way. I meant there is nothing really intriguing about Marvel's Avengers to keep me interested. All these heroes coming together was highlight for me, and they did that in Avengers. Not sure how can they make it more interesting.