Ask The Experts

Chaztin

Guys, I have connected my Dell 1525 laptop (AR 16:10) to my 720p LCD TV. But I am not able to pick right resolution.

With standard res like 1280 X 720, the screen flickers like crazy :P while if I select a 16:9 res like 1366 x 768, it covers the TV screen completely, but the colors look very dull. The other resolutions including 1600X900 are pretty much waste because it doesn't cover the full screen area of the TV. Also, if I manually change the AR for super hi-res to match the output with the screen dimensions, the screen text becomes really messy and hardly legible.

Any suggestions about this?

So my MTNL modem is dead (again). Instead of wating for a week to get it replaced by a chinese made peice of sh*t I have decided to buy one myself. Already have a Linksys wireless router which this modem will plug into. What would you guys recommend. Need something simple and cheap that can stay on for 24/7 without giving me sh*t.

Any recomendations?

So my MTNL modem is dead (again). Instead of wating for a week to get it replaced by a chinese made peice of sh*t I have decided to buy one myself. Already have a Linksys wireless router which this modem will plug into. What would you guys recommend. Need something simple and cheap that can stay on for 24/7 without giving me sh*t.

Any recomendations?

Bump! Leaving soon to buy one.

I recently bought the 32" LG jazz but the stupid thing doesnt have an audio jack(3.5mm) :naughty:

Although it does have the usual RCA audio jacks, is there any way i can go around this to connect wireless headphones to the TV........is there any RCA to 3.5mm converter/adapter available???

Any help would be appreciated.

Not really an ask the experts question but still -

I wanna get cracking on an RPG. Currently I have with me NWN 1 (and all expansions), NWN2 and The witcher.

Which should I start with?? I have already played NWN 1 for 10 odd hours ages ago and quite liked it.

Secondly I also have Just Cause, is it worth a punt??

meh.. nothing special.. was decent when it came out. but now with Saints row and Merc, its not really worth it. also its quite glitchy. I played the ps2 version.

maybe i am getting super paranoid or what..

but I am having a tough time putting the blu ray games cd in the ps3 cases.

u know the cd holders in the middle which one has to press in order for the cd to pop out..

well I am havong trouble while putting the cd back in. I hav to use some force, I know its silly but I guess It wud be damaging to the cd.. any reassurances ??

also, the little hole in the middle and the small transeparent plasctic around is just sturdy plastic, rite ?? its not used in reading the cds ??

Edited by Nemo

Alright guys, I'm having this really annoying problem with my Samsung LCD TV lately. There is a long thin irregular shaped smudge that has started appearing on the right side of the screen. It's not readily visible but becomes apparent on certain backgrounds, especially if they are light coloured. It's driving me mad because everytime I'm watching TV or a DVD or playing a game I keep focusing only on the smudge and not what's on the TV :)

Anyway, so I called up Samsung customer service today and they were prompt enough to send a technician right away. The guy said that I'll have to get the panel replaced which should cost me around 34K. IMO it's probably not worth spending so much. I got the TV about 2 years ago for around 90K btw. So I told him I'll contact them if I change my mind.

I did some research on the net and it seems a few others have had this problem as well. It's probably dust accumulated between the panels and some guy was able to remove the panel and clean it out. I told this to the tech but he was saying that they do not open the panels here in India unless they are planning to change it (huge WTF).

So, any suggestions? It's a relatively minor annoyance but it's taking most of the fun out of my movie watching and gaming...

Edited by Tyler

Not really an ask the experts question but still -

I wanna get cracking on an RPG. Currently I have with me NWN 1 (and all expansions), NWN2 and The witcher.

Which should I start with?? I have already played NWN 1 for 10 odd hours ages ago and quite liked it.

Looks like you already started with NWN2, but Witcher would have been a better choice.

Just Cause is pretty much crap though. Play it for a couple of hours, fool around with the sandbox environment a bit. But after that I'm pretty sure you won't touch it again.

Alright guys, I'm having this really annoying problem with my Samsung LCD TV lately. There is a long thin irregular shaped smudge that has started appearing on the right side of the screen. It's not readily visible but becomes apparent on certain backgrounds, especially if they are light coloured. It's driving me mad because everytime I'm watching TV or a DVD or playing a game I keep focusing only on the smudge and not what's on the TV :)

Anyway, so I called up Samsung customer service today and they were prompt enough to send a technician right away. The guy said that I'll have to get the panel replaced which should cost me around 34K. IMO it's probably not worth spending so much. I got the TV about 2 years ago for around 90K btw. So I told him I'll contact them if I change my mind.

I did some research on the net and it seems a few others have had this problem as well. It's probably dust accumulated between the panels and some guy was able to remove the panel and clean it out. I told this to the tech but he was saying that they do not open the panels here in India unless they are planning to change it (huge WTF).

So, any suggestions? It's a relatively minor annoyance but it's taking most of the fun out of my movie watching and gaming...

depends on how bad it is - if it get's very very bad i suggest get a samsung technician, pay him a few 100 and ask him to open the panel and clean it. i assume the tv's out of warranty anyway. the only downside is that if it get's worse you will have to pay out the 30k. or ask a local technician.

Looks like you already started with NWN2, but Witcher would have been a better choice.

+1. The witcher is much better than NWN2. NWN1 really gripped the player early on. NWN2 beginning was too drawn out and didn't build up momentum quickly enough.

My xbox 360 Harddrive Is dead,is there anyway where i can get my SAVED GAMES back ???? :P

i don't think so

depends on how bad it is - if it get's very very bad i suggest get a samsung technician, pay him a few 100 and ask him to open the panel and clean it. i assume the tv's out of warranty anyway. the only downside is that if it get's worse you will have to pay out the 30k. or ask a local technician.

I spoke to him about it but he just wasn't ready to open the panel. But will give it a shot again I guess. Still it isn't that bad... I've trained my eyes to ignore it but my brain... my f**king brain...