xbox one charging issue

spacewalker

hi guys,

i have just bought xbox one and i am new to this whole world of gaming. I was playing game suddenly my controller shut off because of discharging. Controllers have AA duracell battery (which i guess are rechargeable) . I haven't received any charging kit with my xbox one. So i took an USB cable and plugged it in USB slot of xbox one. After that my controller LED again lit off with a vibration. hope its start charging. now tow thing.

1) do i have to keep my xbox one on during the whole time its charging ?

2) Even if i am leaving my xbox one ON to get my controller charged, after some time due to inactivity my console is getting switched off with my controllers.

3) So in simple way how can i get my battery charged or do i have to buy that duracell battery charger which you can directly plugged it into electrical socket.

note - : i have purchased my Xbox one in US and bring it to india. So i am hoping plugging my controllers with nay mobile charger is not an option.

In all probability the batteries that you got with the controller is not a rechargeable one. First make sure you check that it is a rechargeable one.

Second, Xbox won't charge the controller by just plugging it in to the USB port AFAIK. You need something called a play and charge kit.

If you just get rechargeable batteries then you need a sperate charger for that.

Sent from my OnePlus One

The batteries are plain old alkaline batteries which are use and throw and not rechargeable.

Plugging in the cable to the controller is not going to charge it.

Also buy eneloops.

This thread seems a bit trollish :fear:

Archived