~The TV Shows Thread~

StormShadow

Helix is a strange show. Even before you start, you know it's the kind of show that cannot stretch it's story out too long. I still gave it a shot and to my surprise, they managed to keep it interesting (and not absurd) for about 6 episodes. Then it spiraled out of control and became the crap I was expecting it to be. Watch if you have time to kill but you won't miss anything if you skip it.

can someone recommend a good comedy show ?

don't recommend the following as i have seen them all...

Community

Simpsons

Big bang theory

friends

party down

its always sunny in Philadelphia

Arrested development

The office (US & UK)

whose line is it anyway

seinfeld,drew carry, everybody loves raymond (hated all three)

two and a half men

:helpsmilie:

Just so I understood it right,

The yellow king is that sack of skulls in that well kind of thing ? And the Tuttles will be offering will be offering sacrifices to him ?

Edited by Ne0

So anyone seen this-

cosmos_s1_1sheet_panels_r15.jpg?w=625

?

Cosmos a space time odyssey. Hosted by Neil degrasse tyson and brought back by seth mcfarlane.

I saw the original run of cosmos when carl sagan was hosting it back in 80's (bless that epic man), last year and was throughly impressed. This reincarnation looks MONEY !

hugely educational and very entertaining. First episode landed on march 9, around 13-14 episodes are planned for the first season/series.

• Like 2

So anyone seen this-

~snip

?

Cosmos a space time odyssey. Hosted by Neil degrasse tyson and brought back by seth mcfarlane.

I saw the original run of cosmos when carl sagan was hosting it back in 80's (bless that epic man), last year and was throughly impressed. This reincarnation looks MONEY !

hugely educational and very entertaining. First episode landed on march 9, around 13-14 episodes are planned for the first season/series.

Just finished watching it. Little low on production value (didn't like all that cartoon-y stuff), but overall it was worth my time. Highly educational and lot of new things to learn.

The ending of True Detective was a little more tepid than I thought it would be. In retrospect, I feel the show deserves praise for it's storytelling but not necessarily the story it tells.

I'm in two mind about Cosmos after watching the first episode. I like Neil Tyson and I like the concept of Cosmos but this episode... it was a rehash of basic high school science. I'm sure most of us already know at least 80% of what was mentioned. And then they top it off with corny stuff like the 'space ship of the imagination'... it was difficult to take it seriously. Hopefully the introduction episode was light on content to get people hooked and they'll ramp up with the depth in the future.

Edited by spindoctor

Yeah, the difference between the presentation and the material in the original Cosmos was ridiculous. The material was utterly fascinating but the presentation was ridiculously cheesy. Stages, effects, music etc. the whole setup just reeks of the 80s (not in a good way) and while I adore Sagan he aint exactly David Attenborough (but then again, no one else is. DA is a man god) when it comes to narrative delivery. Having said that I still put the original in the "Top 3 TV documentaries everyone needs to see".

I havent seen the new one yet but I have seen NDT talk and that man aint David Attenborough either. It seems like a terrible thing to say but I would much rather have had them hire an actor and have NDT collaborate on the material for the show. :/

Edited by Aftrunner