Movie Discussion Thread

HundredProofSam

I am watching anime only. Not reading manga. PM me if you have any good source/way to read manga.

Dude, check PM :)

Nice. Very predictable but still a worth watch. Its also just 2hrs long.

Thanx man. Might check it out tomorrow. I have a coupon laying around :)

Edit: By the way, does it become too serious at the end ? or can I expect some comedy :)

Edited by Kazekage Gaara

Nice. Very predictable but still a worth watch. Its also just 2hrs long.

just saw the trailer, seems similar to "my cousin vinny" -- is it like the same or different ?

Edited by Ne0

---------------------------> this way to heartbroken thread

Not heartbroken, just pissed at this kind of behaviour. I normally expect people to correct someone if they are wrong, instead of laughing at them. Maybe that is too much to ask.

On a side note, it is been long since we saw you active. Good to see you back. :cheers:

So, dus hazaar aadmiyon se ek aadmi commando banta hai ?!?!

commandowrong.gif

There is only one commando i know of-

1346609531840.gif

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Got to know about Jamwal's commando during a casual read of today's DT. Dude was pimping kalaripayattu like anything, saying it to be the mother of all martial arts while disdaining all other forms around the globe. What a load of BS :doh:

kalaripayattu while being a good form of exercise, is little more than a jumping dance. Not really relevant in today's time. Sure one can learn to kick a*s over time but there are better, more efficient martial arts today taking the same effort: Krav Maga for example. The closest to gun kata (combat of the future, unless we all get mechs, but even then..) that we have now.

tumblr_lutpfk4saX1r6cnz4o1_250.gif

tumblr_lut3eigywC1qdwiw1o1_250.gif

posted above: future

/inb4r some ignorant post (looking at you playstation ;)) creeps up with chest thumping jingoism as to how India is the bees knees in a*s kickery, Patriotism is good but this is just extreme of blind faith. The south indian martial art was good for its time but there is a reason why brits wtfowned them cochin/calicut kings, choreographing your attacks by jumping and twisting from as far as 10 ft doesn't work when opponent is carrying a goddamned gun.

^^

He hates everyone who calls him out on his bullshit about xbox exclusives. I am pretty sure, Udham made the list after the discussion about 720p resolution in halo4 thread.

Hey ambar.CKR saying this.Is this true :P

Damn, the trailer looks nothing more than show-boating. But hey, its a movie.....so guess thats want the 'public' wants.

Also, Gun-Kata.

The gun katas. Through analysis of thousands of recorded gunfights, the Cleric has determined that the geometric distribution of antagonists in any gun battle is a statistically predictable element. The gun kata treats the gun as a total weapon, each fluid position representing a maximum kill zone, inflicting maximum damage on the maximum number of opponents while keeping the defender clear of the statistically traditional trajectories of return fire. By the rote mastery of this art, your firing efficiency will rise by no less than 120%. The difference of a 63% increase to lethal proficiency makes the master ofthe gun katas an adversary not to be taken lightly.

So BOSS.....

Just how boss are the Tetragrammaton Clerics...

Dude, check PM :)

Thanx man. Might check it out tomorrow. I have a coupon laying around :)

Edit: By the way, does it become too serious at the end ? or can I expect some comedy :)

Nope, never too serious. There is comedy. That Judge (forgot his real name) was the best character IMO. Best performance but let me tell you again, its very predictable.

just saw the trailer, seems similar to "my cousin vinny" -- is it like the same or different ?

Nope, nothing like it at all. Its about struggling lawyer finding a chance to become a popular lawyer.

Damn, the trailer looks nothing more than show-boating. But hey, its a movie.....so guess thats want the 'public' wants.

Also, Gun-Kata.

So BOSS.....

Yeah, true on both counts. Indian commando looks lot of flash and bang without much substance. I don't have a problem if its all for shits and giggles, i do have a very lax restriction for suspension of disbelief; but when the movie maker/actors start proclaiming their stuff as real mccoy then it just irks me. In the said trailer the hero does so many superfluous acrobatics only to land a kick, one single kick :\

sad part is, this dude vidyut jamwal is an actual trained martial artist, and they have him doing all the stuff we see in your avg rohit shelty film. Their usp is that no wiring is used for the stunts, BC why do we care ? I'd rather have him doing some sick but believable cqc moves instead of 270 degree summersault flips.

Also, Grammaton Cleric :cheers: so SO BOSS ! I love the way gun kata/gun fu is envisaged. People may scoff at it now but i am of firm belief that in time as we get better and smaller computers, using google glass like visors to enhance our vision precision complemented with improved reaction time, it can well be a reality. Krav maya already has shades of gun kata when it comes to defending oneself from a gun pointed at you in close reach.