The Football Thread

Xeno

Borini scores

A pretty good strike too.

Glen Johnson's goal was even better.

Suarez played extremely well didn't he... Wish it continues throughout the campaign. "Suárez was unavailable in Belarus. He was unplayable at Anfield. "

Also when Joe Allen comes in what happens to Henderson. There's been all this talk about Carroll being surplus to Rodgers plans, but where does Hendo fit in?

Edited by Wolfy ©

Pool fans hate Owen for joining ManU.

talking of Michael Owen..

Former England striker Michael Owen has been taunted on Twitter after his attempts to set up a Q&A session with fans backfired.

Questions included @greglarmouth asking, " I'm expecting a parcel on Thursday, would you be able to sit in for me while I'm out? I have Racing UK & ATR & my sofa's leather?" and @FootyHumour wanting to know: "Which stadium has the most comfortable bench?"

Twitter user @RealGazMac wrote: "Did u and Hargreaves compare injuries like Mel Gibson n Rene Russo in Lethal Weapon?" and @Dante_Banks wrote: "If you cross breed a cat with a goldfish how long is it before you realise your career ended 6 years ago?"

The jibes continued, with @schmuckdonald writing: "do you have nightmares where you're chased by hamstrings?" and @SiClancy asked: "If you were a racehorse, would your name be a) Shot In The Paddock B) Treatment Table or c) Reserves."

In a much-Retweeted post, @StonesLfc wanted to know: "How much did it cost to advertise yourself at the Liverpool-Toronto match last night?", adding the photo below...

mrsub.JPG

Meanwhile @YosemiteSami wrote: "Many years ago, you were a good player & used to score plenty of goals, so.... What's the secret to cooking a top toasted crumpet?", @11Jonesy11 Tweeted: "Why don't u give your PL winners medal to one of the groundsmen as they were on the pitch more than you?" and @StonesLfc said: Biscan, Josemi, Nunez and Traore all have Champions League winners medals. Do you?"

And things got surreal when @TinheadFTM asked: "Do you ever ride your dog around the house like it's a horse and feed it ketamine? No? Thought not, you boring ****."

:rofl:

Pool fans hate Owen for joining ManU.

I still like him :fear:

He tried his level best to come back to us after Real but he should not have joined Manu .Liverpool fans can never forgive him for that

A pretty good strike too.

Glen Johnson's goal was even better.

Suarez played extremely well didn't he... Wish it continues throughout the campaign. "Suárez was unavailable in Belarus. He was unplayable at Anfield. "

Also when Joe Allen comes in what happens to Henderson. There's been all this talk about Carroll being surplus to Rodgers plans, but where does Hendo fit in?

Hendo will stay IMO

No point selling him .Hendos best game last year was when he played as a RB against Blackburn after Doni got sent off and he was outstanding and reminded me of Stevie years ago .

I would not sell Hendo for atleast 2 more years

Allen can also play wide and also as the top of the 3 in the 3 man midfield .I think Stevie and Lucas should drop a little behind and let Allen play ahead .I want Adam gone as quickly as possible

Liverpool to treble Joe Allen's wages and pay him £2m signing-on fee

Another player signed who has played just 1 year in the top flight and he has cost us 17 million pounds :wallbash:

Why didnt we just keep Aquaman and sign Llorente for this price .Something is massively wrong at the club

Another player signed who has played just 1 year in the top flight and he has cost us 17 million pounds :wallbash:

Why didnt we just keep Aquaman and sign Llorente for this price .Something is massively wrong at the club

Pool Management bunch of FOOLS :P

They're being too liberal and allowed everything the manager wants?

What we need right now is experience in the midfield. If gerrard get injured again, then who's gonna carry the midfield? Lucas yes, but no one to attack.

I want Adam gone as well.

Hope Hendo does well, he does well in patches, needs to be more consistent. And this yr will be Downing's year imo. Downing, Suarez, Borini, Glen J, (who's the winger on the right? Bellamy?) will be good if they get going.

What we need right now is experience in the midfield. If gerrard get injured again, then who's gonna carry the midfield? Lucas yes, but no one to attack.

Hope Hendo does well, he does well in patches, needs to be more consistent. And this yr will be Downing's year imo. Downing, Suarez, Borini, Glen J, (who's the winger on the right? Bellamy?) will be good if they get going.

I think bellamy's going to Cardiff

I'n not sure if that deal will go thro. Either ways he cannot play day in and day out. So it'll either have to be Allen or Hendo there. Imo put Glen J as RWM and play Kelly as RM. Glen J is pretty much useless defensively anyways. Maybe we can get another Bale out of him :P

Pool Management bunch of FOOLS :P

The way the club has been handled in terms of transfer I cant disagree

Bellers will go ,he wants to be with his family .

Adam is useless IMO

Downing needs to be told that hes a left winger and he cannot cross with his right foot .Plus when he plays on the right all he does is cut in .Hes very predictable

Hendo i still have hope in,lets see what he can do

Sadly yes

I'n not sure if that deal will go thro. Either ways he cannot play day in and day out. So it'll either have to be Allen or Hendo there. Imo put Glen J as RWM and play Kelly as RM. Glen J is pretty much useless defensively anyways. Maybe we can get another Bale out of him :P

We need a wight winger and hopefully Ramirez signs

Johnson everyone knows will be better at RW but for some odd reason he is never played there

Liverpool will treble Joe Allen's wages and pay him a £2 million signing-on fee when he completes his move from Swansea City, Goal.com can reveal.

It's Goal f**king dot com with their bullshit.

The fee as speculated will be 15m and Allen wud be on 40k/week, don't worry these articles are just to get more hits.

We didn't sign Gylfi coz he demanded 70k/week, why wud we treble Joe Allen's wages?? (think he's on 20k at swansea)

Aqua - family problems

Llorente - Juve are favs to sign him and he wants CL Footy

Edited by neoragexx