PS3 FAQ

CarbonCore

You can directly plug the PS3 into AC source. But it is recommended to plug it via UPS which outputs smooth(sinusoidal) AC. One must have PS3 plugged to UPS while FW update if not always.

14image01.gif

Don't mention this to Sony customer support if you are seeking warranty coverage(for whatever reason) as this may void your warranty.

thx :threatenlumber:

• 3 weeks later...
does the ps3 have international warranty ?? coz the games are region free right ?

will i be able to claim warranty here for a ps3 bought in the u.s ??

No....warranty is region specific

the ps3 comes with a six axis controller right ?? somebody told me that we can exchance the six axis for a dual shock3 controller for an extra 500rs. is it true ??? where can i do this ?

any idea abt where i can do i t in hyderabad ?

are all the ps3 games region free ??

How to Connect PS 3( and XBOX 360) to teh Internet via. Internet Sharing ( me using Hathway Internet/broadband and has a STATIC IP):

First, connect ur MODEM to ur PC via. USB, then connect to teh internet to see whther u can browse teh net or not, if not then do all teh appropriate stuff to get online(do teh IP settings and sh*t provided by ur ISP)

1-2.jpg

now, when u successfully complete teh first step, connect ur PS 3 to ur PC via. Ethernet ports(LAN Cable). then u'll get a new connection, right click on it and do the following settings. (except for teh DNS server, put ur own DNS servers given to u by ur ISP)

2-2.jpg

once done ur new connection will have limited or no connectivity, thats why i'm here u newbs( call me GOD, or else i won't help, muahahaha, neways, thy shall continue), then right click on ur USB connection, go to teh advance TAB in teh Internet Connection Sharing CHECK FIRST OPTION-> the Allow other network users..... and DE-CHECK the second option, something like this pic:

3-1.jpg

once all teh steps are done go to teh PS 3, test ur Internet connection, USE AUTOMATIC SETTINGS, and voila, i just saved ur a*s from getting fried of TENSION whether u can go online or not, wuhuuuu....

but to connect online, u needz to keep ur PC on.

this same method works for XBOX 360, follow teh steps at this page, the metod is last one there, called Shared connection with Microsoft Windows Internet Connection Sharing, teh site:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/908885#4

Apologies if this was posted earlier but I didn't know tht this feature was available(in 2.10 update onwards)

We wouldn't be surprised to hear that most gamers missed the new music visualization included in the PS3's recent 2.10 update. Its new visualization of a beautiful space view of Earth seemed to appear out of nowhere, but Gamasutra managed to speak with creator Q-Games to get the story behind it.

The Kyoto-based developer was commissioned by Sony to make this visualization, which was originally a candidate for the PS3's boot sequence.

"Originally, we were working on the Gaia project (our name for the earth viewer) as a possible boot sequence for the PS3. The waving cloth background, also created by Q-Games, got the nod when the PS3 launched," said Q-Games' James McLaren.

"We persevered with Gaia, and this visualizer came out of that ongoing work. We've had this under our hats for a while, so it's nice to finally see it released into the wild."

Even though they explain that this visualizer was slimmed down due to ROM constraints, some serious work was put into the realism.

"This representation of the earth is a 3D model with some shaders and SPU trickery going on. We tried to accurately model the earth's atmosphere and have all the correct highlights on the oceans, etc. The texture data is sourced from the NASA Blue Marble project."

This is a pretty nifty feature, and it's a sight to behold in high-definition. Sony seems to have kept quiet about this wonderful addition. In fact, if you use the PS3's music player and start the visualization feature, the default "silky waves" visualization comes up. It takes another press of the square button to bring up the new 'Gaia' visualization. How sneaky!

http://www.destructoid.com/ps3-s-music-vis...ned-61433.phtml

gaia1srr0.jpg

gaia2sks8.jpg

gaia3sab8.jpg

gaia4sif9.jpg

I tried it out now..Just love it!

Video of the earth visualiser..

Well.. my friend has a sify broadband connection and he wants me to help him connect to PSN for the first time...

can anybody plz help me out ??

does sify broadband have a static IP ??

do i have to do anything other than connect the ethernet cable ?? i dont know what to do after that

^^i had a sify connection last year, and yes it was a static IP. When i tried connecting the ethernet cable directly it didn't work. So had to buy a wireless router and put all the network configurations in it, and configured the PS3 to receive it's own IP automatically from the router.

You can try. I did all i could with the ethernet cable at 1st, then decided to go for the router.

Problem is that the PS3 doesn't pick up connections easily specially with ISPs like Sify with their login client :wallbash:

only choice left is to buy the router, put all your network connections in there and let it act as a gateway for both your pc and ps3 or anything else you want to connect with it.

^^anyway, it wasn't for me... it was for a friend and he wanted me to help him out...

i'll just give it another shot with the ethernet cable in his house and then ask him to buy a router if it doesnt work

as for my case... it wont be much of a problem coz i have a router and bsnl connection and i heard that the ps3 connects easily

thanks mighty

^^thanks mighty...

is there anyway i can do it without the router ??? like configuring it to connect via ethernet

dude, there's a f**king guide i wrote in this page itself for Static IP's, help ur a*s and read it for god sakes.

dude, there's a f**king guide i wrote in this page itself for Static IP's, help ur a*s and read it for god sakes.

Yes, everyone read pushy's post. Guys put in a lot of effort to compile the post for all of us.

Great job pushy. So howz R:FOM MP going on these days?

Yes, everyone read pushy's post. Guys put in a lot of effort to compile the post for all of us.

Great job pushy. So howz R:FOM MP going on these days?

not playing it now-a-days HSP, since i got GTA4 yesterday, so i am more in it now, but when babloss get's his a*s R:FOM, then i'm playing with him and other guys that get their lazy a*s on PSN, so holler...

chill pushy !!!... why're u getting all worked up ??? i just dint notice that... read it a long time ago and forgot.... thanks anyway

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys I just ordered this Ds3 from PA...after seeing the a lot of the current members who have done the same...I just realized that it said DS3 compatible with the PS3 Japan...this will work with my 40GB Indian PAL version rite?

Archived