Next-Gen Consoles Rumors & Related NEWS

whats the use of having bc on next gen when you still want to play so many current games...you getting my point...look next year we have GTA5,tomb raider,darksiders 2,the last of us,ff13-2,assassin creed 3,mass effect 3,tlg(hopefully),devil may cry hd collection as well as new dmc,asura,ninja gaiden 3,neverdead,silent hill downpour,new kojima game also hopefully plus many others i may be missing ..these games are enough for us to last a long time...and i believe you still have lot of other games to cover also that has already been out....you will be just spending more money nothing else ....by the time new games starts taking advantage of new hardware it will already be 2014.....you will just be paying more for same stuff initially....

The new console is bc then I could play those games :D

The games releasd on early years of Xbox 360 utilized the hardware much bettr . Only PS3 faced tht problem :lol:

BC is important to have, doesn't matter how many new games you get. Earlier this week, had a relative at my place, we played Top Spin and Virtua Tennis 3. He wanted to play Halo 3 as well, but we didn't have that much time. These are the games I am done with, long back. 2-3 years down, lets say I get new Uncharted and want to revisit UC2, it will be bummer if the new console doesn't support it.

I may keep PS3 with me but who knows it may die down by then, but games will stay with me...

Have this apprehension mainly for xbox, the game library I have for the console will simply be useless if the BC is not there and console dies, I am way past my warranty, so don't think MS would be generous to give me a new one again, after a year or two.

Edit: This rumor about 2nd SKU for casual gaming should be interesting, MS could experiment with 360 in its last year. Bring in open marketplace like itunes/AMP, allow devs to set the pricing themselves, allow self-rating, reduce the requirements...etc.

I dont get it. People buy mobiles for 32 thousand and not consoles? :doh: So much for your passion.

not everyone buys Rs 32k ka mobile..infact just the other day was talking to someone about high end mobile phones and told him how awesome graphics look on new hi end mobile sets ..and he himself told me that i rather buy playstation than buy such expensive mobiles to play games..

^Times have changed. It will most likely take as much time as it took the Slim to get here. Max 2-3 months.

I'm still looking forward to 3 yrs warranty. :bigyellowgrin:

Well, early adopters always get shafted on pricing, but that is the price you pay for getting it early. There were people who bought PS3 for 599$, 5 yrs back it was huge price tag, iphone wasn't even launched then.

I don't think new consoles from Sony or MS could cost less than 300$ for entry level one, being conservative, the top-model could be easily 450-500.

But there are people who buys expensive phones and wait for the price drop in consoles. Them being among the so called gamers.

yes there are...well i think it is upto buyer at the end of the buyer...i would also rather for a mobile phone price to drop a lot before i buy a very rich in features handset...

I'm still looking forward to 3 yrs warranty. :bigyellowgrin:

Well, early adopters always get shafted on pricing, but that is the price you pay for getting it early. There were people who bought PS3 for 599$, 5 yrs back it was huge price tag, iphone wasn't even launched then.

I don't think new consoles from Sony or MS could cost less than 300$ for entry level one, being conservative, the top-model could be easily 450-500.

Yeah, I hope they cram as much tech as possible, and have a high end model costing at least $500. Microsoft will surely go with a dual SKU strategy, and who knows Sony may do the same. Considering its been almost 7 years, I hope the graphical leap is huge. I'll buy both the consoles day 1, though. May skip WiiU. I just pray MS launches soon, so that I can resist the Wii U haha.

:|

So is a console for a gamer?

Mobiles have much better acceptance, especially in the family. It's simple, really. You may also get games or additional things like movies which will make your investment on a console more expensive in the long run.

Archived