Gaming PCs

AtheK

Before i buy d GFX card, wish to ask a question (Dropped idea of 780 ti as its compute is no so good plus its not much performance rise for the price i have to pay) -

My Budget is Rs.47,000
Sites to refer -
My rig-
i7-4770 with CM 812 TPC (Push/Pull)
AsRock z87m Extreme4
2x Samsung Evo 120GB in RAID 0
Seagate 1TB 7200
HP DVD Drive
CM Storm Scout 2
Seasonic M1211-850W
I basically need a single or set of two cards with best performance for that price. My mobo supports SLI and Crossfire. What i am currently thinking is -
ASUS GTX 780 DC2
R9 290 4GB (Reference), 10k cheaper
Wait for R9 290x to be released in India
Purpose -
3Ds Max, Graphic rendering,etc. Not much gaming but i am developing games for PC.

USER_Halo_Legends_1337_Epic_Bro-fist.gif

Thanks Zodak.

Before i buy d GFX card, wish to ask a question (Dropped idea of 780 ti as its compute is no so good plus its not much performance rise for the price i have to pay) -

If you want to do any form of COMPUTE oriented task (sans CUDA based solutions) the only option that is in your hand, AMD.

Short of purchasing a GTX TITAN you really don't have any options because nVidia Forceware drivers castrate the COMPUTE performance on all GeForce gaming cards. CUDA being proprietary is not affected. GTX780 is also too expensive and pitiful performance in COMPUTE oriented tasks to warrant a look vis-á-vis R9-280X / R9-290.

I would suggest you wait till ASUS, Sapphire and MSi show up with their custom revisions of the R9-290 / R9-290X. This is expected around early January time-frame, as far as I know the latter has not even landed in the retail channel of India. Expected pricing ~35000/- -->39000/- on street.

I'll be using iray or mental ray (3ds max)which are made by nvidia, and since I'm making a game, I'll need a gaming card to run it and stuff.

GPU render quality is not great, CPU is what you will be using unless you plan to get a Quadro. There are plugins for both AMD and nVidia graphic cards to improve their output and rendering capabilities. Google before purchase.

by when will r9 280x Toxic release here?

No idea and the estimated price is also a bit on the higher side of things considering that a stock R9-290 can be had for ~1000/- -->2500/- more.

^^ Will you stop spamming news which is aeons old. We already knew that price, add a ~1300/- -->2500/- shipping charge to it as well.

Seriously you will get a ASUS / MSi custom revision of the card locally for similar or cheaper price.

^^

AMD Phenom IIx4 965 Black Edition

ASUS M4A785TD-V EVO

G.Skill RIPJAWS 2GB x3 1600MHz

MSi HD5770 1GB

Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 320GB x2 + Western Digital 1TB Green Edition

Seasonic S12II 520W

F**K, Alphy.. I had the same config. as yours.

AMD Phenom IIX4 955BE

ASUS M4A785TD-V EVO

XFX HD5770 1GB

Cooler Master 500Watts SMPS

The Rest all stuffs like HDD/RAM etc. are common, no point in stating those.. Btw, Built in SP Market.

Sad thing, I sold my Desktop with HD 7770 2 GB Card, But i still have my XFX 5770 1 GB Card lying with me.

Well, Going on.. The Reason I sold that because I am on travel lots of time, and had to get a Gaming Laptop... So here comes the Next Topic:-

Are you suggesting a separate thread for notebooks?

Feel free to refer that site to anyone in need. Sent from my ST27i using Tapatalk

Nope, I want to merge Notebooks also in this thread, I mean high-End Gaming Notebooks.

Here is the GPU Comparison Chart for Notebooks, This is the Best site period for benchmarks.

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Comparison-of-Laptop-Graphics-Cards.130.0.html

And to compare any two GPU's whether Desktop or Notebook, You can use this site :-

http://www.game-debate.com/gpu/index.php?gid=481&gid2=389&compare=geforce-gt-555m-vs-geforce-gtx-460

I love these stuffs about PCs and Notebooks, Just don't get time to discuss.....

Btw, Any suggestions on Asus G75VX ROG Overclocking...

My Budget is Rs.47,000
Sites to refer -
My rig-
i7-4770 with CM 812 TPC (Push/Pull)
AsRock z87m Extreme4
2x Samsung Evo 120GB in RAID 0
Seagate 1TB 7200
HP DVD Drive
CM Storm Scout 2
Seasonic M1211-850W
I basically need a single or set of two cards with best performance for that price. My mobo supports SLI and Crossfire. What i am currently thinking is -
ASUS GTX 780 DC2
R9 290 4GB (Reference), 10k cheaper
Wait for R9 290x to be released in India
Purpose -
3Ds Max, Graphic rendering,etc. Not much gaming but i am developing games for PC.

If you are going to develop games for PC you are better off buying multiple cards in different performance brackets so that you can test your future game and its performance on them. Makes better sense than buying an expensive card that only 1% of your prospective gamers will have.

Nope, I want to merge Notebooks also in this thread, I mean high-End Gaming Notebooks.

Here is the GPU Comparison Chart for Notebooks, This is the Best site period for benchmarks.

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Comparison-of-Laptop-Graphics-Cards.130.0.html

And to compare any two GPU's whether Desktop or Notebook, You can use this site :-

http://www.game-debate.com/gpu/index.php?gid=481&gid2=389&compare=geforce-gt-555m-vs-geforce-gtx-460

I love these stuffs about PCs and Notebooks, Just don't get time to discuss.....

Btw, Any suggestions on Asus G75VX ROG Overclocking...

I think that is possible, I already refer to Notebookcheck.net whenever a demand for gaming 'laptop' comes up.

I am not the OP on this thread so we would need to contact a MOD / ADMIN to do the needful, although I cater to the notebook crowd on an ad-hoc basis.

About over-clocking your laptop, I really don't support the idea but if you want to go ahead, suggest you check up overclock.net for help / Google is your friend.

Hope this helps, Cheerio!