Konami to remove P.T. from PSN Store by April 29! Get it now if you wish to keep a copy in your HDD!

roun90

Via IGN:

The "playable teaser" for Konami's upcoming horror gameSilent Hills will be delisted from Sony's online marketplace in just four days.

The publisher posted a notice on the game's official website, announcing that come April 29, the "distribution period of 'P.T. (Playable Teaser)' on PlayStation Store will expire."

Source: http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/04/26/konami-removing-silent-hills-pt-from-playstation-store

If you wish to keep a copy on your PS4, download it now.

Not sure what this means to the future of Silent Hills. Think it's mostly cancelled or remade from ground up as different to completely erase Kojima's inut so far into it maybe?

Once you purchase a game, it will remain in your a/c even if it's pulled down from the store.

Do not think it is that simple. They are taking down the game from the servers, so there would not be any data to access / retrieve.

sent from miG

Without Kojima, Konami is dead

Even the PES uses his Fox Engine

Konami is a big fool if they really let him go

The question is who owns the FOX Engine. Kojima created the engine, but most likely it is Konami which owns the rights to the engine. In which case, you will still see FOX Engine games from Konami. However, with Kojima gone, I don't think Konami has anyone left who has the vision and will be able to create major franchises. From now on, I won't be surprised if the major Konami developed games we see (outside of the obvious MGS cash-in) would be PES and Yu-Gi-Oh.

Rest of the games (Silent Hill, Castlevania etc.) they have already set the trend of outsourcing to Western Devs. Maybe even MGS will be outsourced to Western devs (bad choice for Konami, but I can see it happening).

Also I don't think kojima will just let go off the rights to games he has nurtured with so much hard work

Rights? What rights? Konami owns the IP not Kojima...Kojima was making MGS games as Konami's employee...He can't do sh*t.

Konami owns both MGS and FOX Engine...Everything related to MGS belongs to Konami..

Kojima will go indie and start his own studio like Inafune i think...

I never said he owns Fox Engine

Or anything for that matter that he created while working for Konami

He was just an employee who was given a very senior position & his own separate team after his success

What I was trying to say is that even PES was indirectly developed by him

What is Konami gona do without this guy in future

There is not a single game Konami doesn't screw up where he isn't involved

Look at Metal Gear Rising

It was given to his immediate junior rank & that idiot couldn't even create a proper engine that could handle that game

Had to be given to PG who remade it in their in-house engine

Castlevania 2

Look at the reviews

Kojima is the only guy that makes money for them

He is like the backbone of Konami

If you remove the backbone the body can't stand

I still feel it's one of his jokes

I think Konami's major revenue is from gambling machines. So most probably they won't care much even if they have to exit from video game business. But it does mean that we will either see great IPs being abandoned entirely or more likely they will just outsource it to other devs and rake in cash on brand name alone. There is a possibility Konami themselves might not develop much any more. But this will affect the quality of games (look at recent Castlevania and Silent Hill games). MG:R I think was more of an exception to outsourced games being bad.

All this is bad for us gamers and not much else.

When I talk about Konami here in this blog & topic obviously I'm talking about AAA games business

What they do or don't outside of it is not relevant to this & my point

Lol

It wasn't bad

It was best of it's kind

PG is HnS king

What I meant was without Kojima that studio is worthless

That's what I said. MG:R was the exception to the trend of outsourced games being bad. Sorry for not making that clear.

Archived