Marriage and Gaming : I do?

piper

@Obaid bhai : How are the marriage preparations (read butterflies) coming along?

I wanna know too :P

no butterflies as such :P ,just busy in arranging things and shopping etc (ladies ke shopping se uparwala bachaye :wallbash: ).

All the more pressure since dont have brothers etc(only child) to share responsibilities,so whatever has to be done ,it has to be me.Plus simultaneously manage work,and my dad's health is not that good.So yea in bit of pressure ,but chalta hai...thats life!

and yea marriage is a very very very expensive affair :samui: never knew this...

All I can tell you is he's both overjoyed and pissed at the same time. :P

:bigyellowgrin: well said...to sum it up in one line! .. but i got hydro flask,so can manage :tongue:

Edited by killzone123

no butterflies as such :P ,just busy in arranging things and shopping etc (ladies ke shopping se uparwala bachaye :wallbash: ).

All the more pressure since dont have brothers etc(only child) to share responsibilities,so whatever has to be done ,it has to be me.Plus simultaneously manage work,and my dad's health is not that good.So yea in bit of pressure ,but chalta hai...thats life!

and yea marriage is a very very very expensive affair :samui: never knew this...

:console:

I was in the same situation at this time last year.

Edited by Tyler

Obaid bhaijaan.. aap shaadi ki tyaari mein itne busy ho ki, apni behens se baat bhi nahi karte ho??? <_<

Anyway, have a good time shopping and preparing for the Band Baja Baraat.. Hope you have a grand and well organized wedding.. When is the D-Day?

For you and Bhabhijaan..

band-baaja-baaraat-tanu-weds-manu.jpg

And DA??? I was almost taken aback.. i thought, why are you focusing on marriage when you should be enjoying life and concentrating on your career for now..

• 4 weeks later...

Ohh kay, bumping up this thread for 2012. Newly married folks out there, you know who you are. Please post here ASAP as it is your golden-honeymoon phase and would love to hear your comments on gaming and married life. And then again in a few months' time, it would be fun for you to come back and see if you still have the same opinions.

IVG ID : Van Persie

Gaming Stuff : PS3, Xbox 360

Married Since : October 2005

mine was a love marriage though we are deeply in love but when it comes to my gaming we are enemies..... she always turn off my game............ :catfight:

mine was a love marriage though we are deeply in love but when it comes to my gaming we are enemies..... she always turn off my game............ :catfight:

Welcome to the club, then :P

She is justified if you play Skyrim..

Finally.......:gunsmilie: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IVG ID : Angy

Gaming stuff I own : PS3

Married since : December, 2011

1. How does your spouse feel about your gaming time? - She hates it!!!!! She calls it her 'Sautan' (Co-Wife) :giggle:!! But I played it smart....I led her to buy it herself for me on my birthday, so now everytime she cribs about it......I point towards that birthday card she gave me with the ps3 that says "Enjoy this a**hole" ;).

2. Does she think those gaming figurines would come in handy for the kids to play with? - No!!! All she can think of the cute clothes that our kids would wear :doh:

3. And the money spent on this passion, how does she feel about it? - She does point out time and again that its an expensive passion to have, but has not yet complained much abt it

Megz questions v1 :

4. Do you encourage your wife to play some videogames with you? - Yes...all the time. I even let her win most of the time to encourage her!!

5. Would you be happy, surprised, thrilled or scared if your wife also became a member of IVG? - Scared....this is my personal space

6. Do you encourage your wife or share her passions say may be, Saas-Bahu serial, Or Romantic YRF movie Or Cricket, Or Bhartnatyam Dance Show etc..? - I never crib about it but I cant really watch the saas-bahu stuff much, while she doesnt like watching sports on tv....so mutually we switch the channel to something we both enjoy. Its good that we both love watching lots of other stuff like reality shows, TV shows etc. Its just sports and serials that we kind of avaoid when together though its a rule we sometimes break as well!

7. How many hours in a week you devote to your Gaming? - Its a mixed bag. Sometimes its 20-30, while at other times its 0!! Gaming is just a hobby for me that I use to relax myself....its not my life (if u know what im saying). I actually enjoy the awesome time I have with my pals in MP sessions more than the actual game.

Megz questions v2 :

9. If you want one game to see your wife beat you in..Which one will that be? - any First Person Shooter game

10. What changes after marriage?? As in, Me time, utilization of me time, you as a person - Way too less of 'Me Time'. Its good that my inlaws are in Delhi only though....that would help :devil:!!

11. Would you like your kid(s) to be an avid gamer(s)? - ABSOLUTELY!!!!!!!!

12. Have you ever planned a surprise gift/ party/ outing for your better half?? - We do that atleast twice in a year....we both love to give good surprises to each other!!!

Phew....whats Megz??? : :threatenlumber:

Edited by Angy