FIFA 11

pArth

Eurogamer Preview

"Now when I'm playing the game, it allows maybe one or two maximum ping-pong passes before the ball deteriorates to the point you need to take a touch and control it - which is kind of how real football works." The idea is to make you think a bit more tactically to build play, after which goal-scoring opportunities will feel more significant.

:chair:

lol benzeflop at the main pic :fear:

and chiellini suspiciously looks in a peaceful mood o_0

cant wait to get this game how ever, made a mistake to sell off fifa 10 so early :) fifa WC has very good gameplay but people playing it online are so less, under 1k sometimes even.

remove the season bugs and make chelsea a kick a*s team and EA have got them selves a gem !

and oh, ivanovic :fear: looks epic.

terry and rest of the blues look well done as well.

OT: @Nemo: I really like the sound of Russian names, but that one tops it :)

:fear:

also, how awesome would it be if they can get blood incorporated in the game, you know, with high impact injuries :fear: i also want an option to argue and surround the ref to influence a decision, with a flip side that the ref might get anal and card you off for dissent.

PES is still "absolutely" a threat

FIFA 11's producer David Rutter has told GamerZines that Konami's Pro Evolution Soccer series still "absolutely" poses a threat to FIFA, saying that though "there was a turning point a few years ago", the team at EA is still "paying attention to them".

"We're confident that FIFA's a good game," said Rutter, "but are we comfortable? No.

"I guess for me it (Pro Evolution Soccer) is a great game made by a great development team who I have a lot of respect for. I've had a personal relationship with the game for many, many years. I played PES extensively, much more so than I played FIFA before I had this job.

"As far as quality is concerned there was a turning point a few years ago, but before then I think (PES) was the benchmark football video game. We did a lot of cool stuff, but they did a lot of cool stuff that mattered more to me and I think mattered more to gamers as well.

"The key thing is, Gary, Santi, myself and all the other guys on the team working on FIFA have come from a more football, more gamer-y background this generation. We pushed hard to make a really good game and we've been lucky that the management and leadership above us supported us on that decision, and it kinda worked out.

"So, is PES a threat? Absolutely. Are we paying attention to them? Yeah, but I'm paying as much attention to them as a gamer as I am a competitor."

So you see, it took a Pro Evo fan to turn FIFA around :wacko:

peace

Another Rip off buy EA.They never incorporate big changes in the franchise,just add a new game mode and fancy transfers and new jersey and voila you have a new yearly FIFA waiting for you..PhhBBTT !!

:thumbsup::D

FIFA 12 work 'already started' - EA

An 'advance team' has already started working on FIFA 12, despite the fact this year's game was only unveiled yesterday, FIFA 11's creative director, Gary Peterson has said.

Speaking in an interview with CVG, the FIFA 11 man revealed that the EA team already has "some ideas" for next years game and hinted that more variety of play styles could be on the cards.

"Ever since [FIFA 08] we've been going forward and forward - FIFA 09 was the first one that my friends started to play - it was a proud movement," he said.

"Now we're in the lead it's even harder - where do we go from here? Because it's a yearly release we always have to be thinking ahead. We have some ideas for FIFA 12; we have an advance team already started on it but it's difficult."

When asked about his thoughts on implementing a 'hardcore simulation' mode to the game, Peterson said: "That's something our Technical Director of Gameplay Ben Carter is very keen on.

"He's putting in the patch system, and he feels the game is getting to the stage where people want to play it differently and there's just no way to please everyone. He's huge on that. We're doing a few things in that direction this year, but next year you'll definitely see more of it."

source

Archived