HDMI to DVI cable for ps3

OverKill

Just got a ps3

Was trying to connect it to monitor via dvi to hdmi converter(Monitor only has dvi port) but the monitor turns does not detect the signal

Tried the same with my laptop,but it does not work with my monitor...guess its the problem with the adapter itself

Can you please suggest any cable or adapter

Reset Video Output

If you are changing cables or cannot see an image on the screen, you may need to reset the video output to default settings. To reset the video output:

1. While the PS3 system is in standby mode (red light on the front of the system), hold down the touch-sensitive On/Off button on the front of the system until the PS3 beeps a second time (approximately 5 seconds), then release it.
  2. The PS3 will power up, the Video Output Settings will automatically reset to the standard resolution (or detect the current display output settings of your TV/monitor).

While HDMI to DVI converters may be used with the PS3, they are not guaranteed to work and may cause picture problems. Additionally, if the movie you are attempting to play is encoded with HDCP (High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection), your display will need to support HDCP through the DVI port.

https://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/989/~/hdmi-to-dvi-converters-on-ps3

Tried to reset the ps3 output by holding the power button,but the monitor would turn off as soon as i plug in the adapter,tried same with my laptop but it wont work(the adapter might be faulty,bought it from ebay)

I am using benq g2220hd monitor,is hdcp compliant

Can anyone recommend a dvi to hdmi cable or adapter to use with the monitor

Archived