The Football Thread

Xeno

Bye Bye Van Persie :wave: You were great for us.Thank you for the Memories :)

Now really worried about our next season :fear: Both new signings first time in PL,dont know how they will adapt and perform :fear: Go Gunners :wOOtjumpy: Who will buy him :naughty: One good thing is that he left early so the team will have time to gel without him :clapping: Go Gunners B)

Bye Bye Van Persie :wave: You were great for us.Thank you for the Memories :)

Now really worried about our next season :fear: Both new signings first time in PL,dont know how they will adapt and perform :fear: Go Gunners :wOOtjumpy: Who will buy him :naughty: One good thing is that he left early so the team will have time to gel without him :clapping: Go Gunners B)

Are you high or what? How can an Arsenal fan use so many happy similes for such a bad news? And also 'thanking him for the memories' after he disrespects the club in that way? He can f**k off with his memories!!! What an utter c*nt that player is!!

What a classless attitude from someone who was absolutely nothing by the time he was signed. I don't care if he leaves or stays, but the only thing I wanted him to show was a bit of respect for someone called Arsène Wenger, who turned him into what he's today. But, to be honest, what is he? An injury-prone, old player who has had only one good season and already sees himself in the position of kicking the club he owes his career to in the arse. If we lived without Thierry Henry, poor Robin van Persie. Go warm someone else's bench, then. And, yet again: In Arsène we trust. Come on, Arsenal.

• Like 1

What a classless attitude from someone who was absolutely nothing by the time he was signed. I don't care if he leaves or stays, but the only thing I wanted him to show was a bit of respect for someone called Arsène Wenger, who turned him into what he's today. But, to be honest, what is he? An injury-prone, old player who has had only one good season and already sees himself in the position of kicking the club he owes his career to in the arse. If we lived without Thierry Henry, poor Robin van Persie. Go warm someone else's bench, then. And, yet again: In Arsène we trust. Come on, Arsenal.

Well said mate, well said! :good:

he s 29 , he knows a trophy at arsenal is a long bet at the moment , i dont see why he needs to stay. He carried arsenal on his own last season. He cant do more than what he did last season.

This is what he wrote :

This is an update for the fans about my current situation. I have kept quiet all this time out of respect and loyalty for the club and as agreed with Mr. Gazidis and Mr. Wenger, but since there is so much speculation in the media, I think it is fair for you guys to know what's really going on at the moment.

As announced earlier this year I had a meeting with the Boss and Mr. Gazidis after the season. This was a meeting about the club's future strategy and their policy. Financial terms or a contract have not been discussed, since that is not my priority at all.

I personally have had a great season but my goal has been to win trophies with the team and to bring the club back to its glory days. Out of my huge respect for Mr. Wenger, the players and the fans I don't want to go into any details, but unfortunately in this meeting it has again become clear to me that we in many aspects disagree on the way Arsenal FC should move forward.

I've thought long and hard about it, but I have decided not to extend my contract. You guys, the fans, have of course the right to disagree with my view and decision and I will always respect your opinions.

I love the club and the fans, no matter what happens. I have grown up and became a man during my time with Arsenal FC. Everybody at the club and the fans have always supported me over the years and I have always given my all (and more) on and off the pitch. I am very proud of being part of this fantastic club for the last 8 years. As soon as Mr. Gazidis is back from his 2-week holiday in America further meetings will follow and I will update you if and when there are more developments.

Robin van Persie

He s being as frank as he can be . what more do you want from him ?

Is one not allowed to look for greener pastures ?

Edited by supersim

he s 29 , he knows a trophy at arsenal is a long bet at the moment , i dont see why he needs to stay. He carried arsenal on his own last season. He cant do more than what he did last season.

This is what he wrote :

He s being as frank as he can be . what more do you want from him ?

Is one not allowed to look for greener pastures ?

Is a fan not allowed to hate a player who tries to force his way out of a club?!

And no he didnt carry the club on his own.. he had the support to do so, football is a team game and if thats not true, then he should have also carried The Dutch on his own in the Euros!

1 good season in 8 years & he suddenly becomes too big for the club? Maybe if hadnt always remained on the treatment table except for last season & a half, we could have won something! Ungrateful c*nt!

‎7 years he remains injured. wenger doesn't sell him. one good season n he thinks he deserves better n decides to leave.

Yes i do think wenger needs to change his philosophy n sh*t but he just didn't deserve this.

I expected so much more from RVP,I feel very bad for Arsenal fans and Wenger :console:

Grovx.jpg

why does this happen year after year to us...football is in such doped state now..how can any club compete with the likes of psg,chelsea,man city,real madrid and barcelona...both real madrid and barcelona are bankrolled by the spanish government itself and have unlimited funds..how can one compete with such clubs.

i hope he is sold this year and we take how much ever we possible could..we also need to get rid of the utter tools we still have at the club..players like arshavin,chamakh,park and vela need to sold pronto

2eaq5gn.jpg