Gaming Laptop

Nemo

yo tech noob here, first of all i can swear I remember reading a GAMING LAPTOP thread here somewhere but cant find it, so if a mod knows, please merge.

now secondly, i am in the market for a laptop. I want the cheapest gaming laptop that can run witcher 2. and i dont need "omgz wtfbbqsaax" ultra smooth gfx settings. Have gamed on consoles all my life so med settings would do fine. what price range am i looking at here ? please list the alternatives if possible, i have no preferance or bias for any particular company.

thanks.

Yeah better wait. And keep in mind about heating. Laptops reach crazy temperatures even while playing games on low settings. My laptop plays most games at high-very high settings, but gets very hot even after I undervolted the processor and started using laptop cooler. Though I heard that HP Envy series gives good gaming performance at lower temperatures.

So, better wait for next generation laptops, as they will have much efficient processors with even better manufacturing process, that will give good performance and at lower temperatures.

Still, I suggest if you can buy a good desktop, that would cost much less and provide you much better gaming experience than a laptop. I am speaking this from a personal experience after using a cheap gaming laptop for 2.5 years.

Wait for a month when IVY Bridge comes ..

It has shown a very good boost over Sandy bridge motherboards for laptops ..

And 50k is a good budget .. I had bought HP dv6 for that budget 6 months back

@Ambar HP Envy starts from 70k :( .. Those are the finest sheet of laptops I have ever seen .. Looks awesome plus high performance :O

@ambar

thanks for the suggestion and yeah desktop triumphs lappy no doubt but i need one to be on the move, portability.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@zee

how much wait ? i have to get one buy may end-june begining.

btw i think envy series is almost 100K... couldnt find any option in the range of 70K ...

Its an eye candy packed with performance though :P

It was 70k when I bought HP dv6 last year ..

70k was bit above my budget so I had to go with dv6

@ambar

thanks for the suggestion and yeah desktop triumphs lappy no doubt but i need one to be on the move, portability.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@zee

how much wait ? i have to get one buy may end-june begining.

June at the most :(

The graphics boost is 30-50% and processing boost is 5-15% .. All for the same price as Sandy bridge proxxy

It just can't be missed

If I were you I would have surely waited

You are buying the laptop at the wrong time ..

At this time of the year new models launch

Best time to buy is during diwali .. I got goodies worth 2k free :P

And dude avoid Dell .. My dad's inspiron is facing loads of problems .. plus point of inspiron is that it has a good battery life

Go with hp or Asus

ah just got through this Thread, hmm i guess a decent laptop will cost you around 50k, but i would suggest you are better off buying a Portable gaming device and a Medium spec laptop for daily use.

If U had an option of desktop why were you buying a laptop lol ..

Desktop + Portable gaming device yeah even that's an option

But wouldn't 40k be low for a gaming desktop

As I stay in a hostel I had no option but to buy a laptop :P

Archived