The Travel Thread

MAK

Bhutan.. went there for a day, just the areas near the border- as it was a road trip. Feels so much like India yet so alien. Did see a sardar there, selling goods :lol: trust them surds to thrive anywhere, respect !

Was parked at Siliguri and we drove into Bhutan. Was a nice trip, apart from the chaos at border.

Mate,

US Airlines sucks really, I mean so many times I have missed flights in Denver due to delays, and it's always been about luck, worst are Code-Share flights, no matter what airlines make you believe Code-Share flights suck esp. at connections.

Worst Agreements are between United and US Airways, even if you are traveling First Class those guys are least bothered in terms of customer support.

I suppose EU has some of the finest laws / regulations in terms of how their carriers take care of issues for passengers, but I guess someone from the Airline industry on this forum can give us all a much better idea on this matter?

Anyone here?

You guys are too lucky it seems. I have never had a flight wait for us, even when we had a plane full of people missing their connecting flights. :(

Edited by Babyzelda

Hi guys, I am planning a short trip to either Kashimir (Srinagar-Gulmarg-Phalagam) OR Himachal (Shimla-Manali-Dharamshala)

Any suggestion for places to visit, hotel to stay, car booking etc. are welcome. also, if you know of any good travel company/agent who can help us plan this vacation please do let me knwo. Would really appreciate that. Thanks.

Megzworld,

In Shimla ignore everything just stay at Wildflower hall, its about 20 minutes away but the place is one of the finest that exist. If you are into cycling, hiking, rafting etc. they can arrange it all and they have this wonderful in house guide who comes from a smaller village from the hills it's so ridiculous I can't recollect his name but the guy took us to wonderful places we even had an amazing lunch at one of the peaks where they setup everything before you reach.

Also when do you plan to go? We went in Feb and were lucky it was snowing and had some crazy views of the valley.

Ignore travel agents really I think in today's time the best information is out there on the web but someone else can shed better light and also elaborate on the other places.

Hi guys, I am planning a short trip to either Kashimir (Srinagar-Gulmarg-Phalagam) OR Himachal (Shimla-Manali-

Thanks. Read about it on Trip Advisor looks good. Also, we would like to travel in mini train from Kalka. can someone guide us on how to go about it if we land in Delhi at 7:00am. Or else, we have direct flight to chandigarh and then drive to shimla from there.

That mini train thing I would personally avoid as you would need to take a train from Delhi into Kalka and then take the train it adds to a lot of journey time and fatigue. But that's how I saw it.

Best is fly into Chandigarh and ask the hotel to pick you they come in a nice land cruiser or perhaps hire a taxi.

Thanks. Read about it on Trip Advisor looks good. Also, we would like to travel in mini train from Kalka. can someone guide us on how to go about it if we land in Delhi at 7:00am. Or else, we have direct flight to chandigarh and then drive to shimla from there.

Yup.. I guess that's what we shall do. I remember going in that mini train in my childhood days..was fun then. Wanted to relive it, but realized it's going to be super crowded and tiring now. If we are doing Himachal, will fly Delhi-Chandigarh or else, will do Delhi -Srinagar and onwards.

SIN to PER ~ 226 SGD

PER to SIN ~ 245 SGD

(+- other charges)

includes all taxes and fees.

Very cheap flight.

Horrible service.

Will loot you on baggage fee ($45 for 2kg, you must be joking).

No notifications, nothing.

Last minute cancellation.

If you're going to Australia for pleasure, don't take this flight.
Edited by Heaven Angel

Ah thanks.. There are no other local players is it? Wanna make the trip as cheap as possible.. Air Malaysia offers august ticket for around 45kish ex bangalore, same with Air asia.. Not exactly cheap :|

45kish is fair price..Go for it.

and don't forget to visit Sydney ;)

they cannot just restock the whole thing?? and i am sure they take your credit card details just in case you make a run for it. :lol:

Well they are most likely to get caught whenever the room service comes to make a tally of the mini bar. Fukat ka maal samajh ke full aish kiya :lol:

• 2 weeks later...